Old 01-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh Katie, I think I'm blessed by a DH who worries (a LOT) about such things so I don't have to. Who knew jury duty was what it would take to keep you from getting into legal trouble!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #47  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, Katie.....that SUCKS!!!!!! I really think people like you, who are super talented, who use their girts....really do not have time for such inconveniences as renewing driver's licenses and registration. Your time is way too valuable for that junk!!!!

I am LOVING the vibe on this board this week. Everyone is putting it all out there, and radiating all of this positive energry and it is sooo contagious!!!! Keep it up, ladies
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #48  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Turns out jury duty is cancelled because the case has been settled out of court. Stupid jury duty!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Morning All!!! I will jump on the Shred ban wagon. I will have to start tonight. I meant to start Monday but TOM hit me hard and 5 days early(weird) my legs have been hurting so yes that along with the ever popular procrastination let me to put it off. I have been eating better and have ignored my chocolate cravings so that is somewhat of an accomplishment for this week.

It is so cold outside it is hard not to want to stay covered up drinking hot chocolate and eating soup!!! So to keep myself from feeling deprive I will have some low fat progresso soup for lunch today so that should warm me up and I drank sugar free hot chocolate on my way to work. I did fantasize about getting one of those chocolate mocha whip cream ect... things from Starbucks but I can not pay that much money for a drink. so easy to resist that.

I am exteremely pumped that there are so many post!! this past month we have had so few post(blame lies with myself as well) the boards have seemed bare. I think this is a positive sign for the new year. I think the srping is easiest for me to lose weight. When things start to bloom and the weather warms up it always seems like a new beginning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #50  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all! yes, the vibes on this board have been quite positive lately and it's wonderful!
i'm done with my Shred for the day (day #2). the weather/blizzard and cold negative temps are so bad today that schools are closed, yet DH still had to go to work.. boo to the Army. oh well. they're 24/7 just like mom's are!

hope everyone has a great day.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #51  

Katie, sounds like when it rains it pours. TG you didn't get in an accident or get stopped for some reason that could have resulted in more out-of-pocket money on tickets. Can't believe you had to re-take your written and driving tests. Yikes, reminds me to never let them expire. LOL!

I missed something on here, what the heck is 'shredding'? Is that doing the Take off Juice and lean protien and green veggies for 2 days? If not, please advise me because I've been away for a very long time. I'm not up with all the new lingo.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #52  
WonderWoman

Sy--"shredding" is a dvd by Jillian Michaels called the 30 Day Shred. it's an awesome effective workout!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #53  

Jillian, thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. Maybe our local library will have the DVD. Probably too new to expect to see if there.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #54  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Anybody have the Biggest Loser Wii workout? Santa brought us a Wii, and I am looking at workouts for it.

Shredded this morning. I jumped out of bed like a spry little fairy and happily flitted into the workout room to start it - NOT! But, At least I did it! I think I may move my workouts to the family room - bigger TV, so I can see it the floor or standing.

Katie - Even if jury duty did get cancelled - at least you got all of that stuff taken care of!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

My DVD's are still in the wrapper, as I did not actually do the biggest loser DVD, instead I watched the confessions of a reality show loser, where the guy who had won Season 3 of the biggest loser and then gained a lot of the weight back was talking about his experiences. People are so judgemental. I know he gained a lot of it back, but no where near all.

I did make it to the 5:30AM spin class this morning though. I value my spin classes since they burn off so many calories. I got called the spinning queen this morning in class.. That made me feel good. And being done exercising by 6:30AM is a pretty good thing (waking up before 5 to make it to class is a not so great thing though).

I can't wait to go home and see what the painter did today, as I'm nervous about the paint color I chose. I never really know if I'll like it or not until it is up on the walls. The slate blue could be beautiful or it could go ultra smurfy... somehow I don't know if tearing down the wall paper to redo the room in smurf is a net gain.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #56  
Amy

Syracuse- I am interested in the TBL Wii game too!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #57  

Hi everyone. Well, for my first week I'm still doing pretty good as far as sticking to a plan. The weekend will be the true test as I'll weight myself again on Monday morning. I'm hoping that posting here will help me be accountable because I've been lacking that for the past 4-5 years.

I never realized how much I must have ate in the evenings, because this week I have to fight to keep myself out of the refrigerator and the kitchen cupboards. I still havent' mastered that, but I can't expect old habits to die in 4-5 days, right? I'm working on it, and that is the big difference.

Katie, I didn't see you post yesterday - I'm assuming that you got called into jury duty.

Can someone explain this one to me. In the Gold book, and I'm assuming it's in the others too. If I choose to have 1% cottage cheese for a protein, I can only have 1/2 cup which is 90 calories. But, if I choose I can have 2 eggs which is about 160 calories that is only 1 protein, and even better if I choose 6 oz of baked chicken without skin it's about 240 calories? The real reason I'm asking is that I'm doing the Blue Plan, but only have the Gold Book here at work. And, if I get a 1/2 protein, I don't see why I can only have a 1/4 cup of 1% cottage cheese which would only be 45 calories, when I could have 1 egg for 80 calories. And an egg is only 10 calories less then a 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese. I'm having a 1/2 cup and counting it as my 1/2 of protein because it doesn't make sense to me. Am I just trying to justify that I should be eatting more than I should?
Old 01-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #58  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Sy- I would do the same thing. Makes sense to me! I did not end up having to go to jury duty. I did, however, spend the day working on some really important changes. I have a huge announcement to make, and I can't share it on FB yet, so you guys are the only ones I can tell..............
I am closing my daycare to follow my dreams!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #59  
WonderWoman

morning all! not much to report here. schools are closed again today due to the weather. it's -45 windchill here, so it's just too dangerous to be outside. normally, friday is my day to run errands/appointments, but not today.

still trucking along with my WL and exercising..stuck at 201 for a bit, but that's ok with me. i'm doing what i can and know i'm still losing inches and being healthy, so that's all that matters. i'm hoping to be back to my goal by the time baby X's 1st birthday, but if not, it's not gonna break me.
so yeah..that's about it for me.

hope all my ladies that are doing the Shred with me are still keeping at it! trust me, it pays off! i lost 7 inches in 30 days!

anyways, i hope everyone has a good day and a nice weekend.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #60  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Sy- I would do the same thing. Makes sense to me! I did not end up having to go to jury duty. I did, however, spend the day working on some really important changes. I have a huge announcement to make, and I can't share it on FB yet, so you guys are the only ones I can tell..............
I am closing my daycare to follow my dreams!!!
sooooo freakin' excited for you, katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!