Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, finished out the weekend with 2 more meals out today. But, I made the healthier choices for breakfast (veggie omelet requested with egg beaters, whole wheat dry toast), and stopped when I was feeling full. I kept lunch as light as possible with a cup of soup. Dinner was light too. I planned my meals for the week and grocery shopped. Before bed, I am going to make my lunch for tomorrow and do some prep for tomorrow's dinner. I read my advantage cards this morning. WI: -.5lbs. Sat and ate all of my food slowly and paid attention to each bite.

BillBlueEyes, CREDIT for getting your lunches together for next week. I always find it interesting to hear that maintainers get off track; this has been really important for me to learn -- this is going to be a lifelong struggle for me, even after losing weight. Thank you so much for sharing.

Maryblu, thanks for the advice on eating mindfully.

Shepherdess, it is amazing what we will do with "free" food, isn't it? Great job for getting on track right after though and for reframing them as a dessert. I got a couple of dance DVDs to try out to see if I like that for an exercise routine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Wndanne, I loved this:
Quote:
the parking lot and am writing my cravings on it to incorporate into my plan over the next few days.
I use this technique to deal with my head interfering with my work (ADD), but never thought to try it for food. Great idea! Let me know how it works for you!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello everyone

I am so happy about this weekend. I pulled it together and did everything I wanted to- credit to me for healthy eating on plan, walking both days, doing my weights and checking in here. Ready to tackle the week. Lunch is packed and ready and dinner for tomorrow night is planned. What an absolute relief to know that I can have a few bad days and get back to it.

Beach Patrol- sounds like you had a terrible week. I cringed when I read about your neck. I had whiplash many years ago and I can safely say that neck pain is the worst. Feels like your head weighs about 100 pounds. Yay for the 5 pounds!!!

KidsLibrarylady- I hate eating slowly and mindfully too. I have always been a speed eater. It is going to take a long time for me to deal with this one, I keep thinking about it after I eat. LOL.

gardenerjoy- You are doing fantastic!!!

FutureFitChick-I loved your story about the SuzyQ- that is worth being proud about. Don't you hate it when some sort of food gets stuck in your head like that? You did great. And thanks for the will power dust and the dancing happy guys. That made my day. I'm rooting for you too.

BillBlueEyes- curried zucchini on broccoli slaw sounds pretty good. May have to give that a try.

wndranne- your comment about back to basics was an eye opener for me. Made me realize that one day, it will feel like the basics of eating and it won't feel so new.

maryblu- thanks for your thoughts on eating slowly and mindfully. I liked what you said about it giving you a sense of power and control. I am going to try to think about it that way and think it might just help to reframe this for me.

Shepherdess- Glad your DH is doing well. Good for you for recovering from the fries and just counting them into the day.

Have a great week everyone!!!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Evening! I didn't get to do Wii last night. My DH is an uber-geek and just turning on our TV is akin to launching a shuttle. So getting Wii-- it is actually Wii active, not Wii fit- to turn on was a feat beyond my capabilities. I did, however, get to do it tonight with assistance and get in a walk pushing my little people. CREDIT to me! It was another nice day outside! I am resisting the urge to go to the zoo tomorrow. I think the girls need a day around the house. Today was choosing a diet coach and thanks to you fine folks, that was an easy one.

Futurefitchick-- WOOOOT WOOOT!! Here's hoping you are STILL proud of yourself!! suzyQs have their own way of talking to you... Sometimes I can shift my eating around-- today I ate lunch at 2:30 for exactly that reason. It all depends on the day. Do you seriously have ADD? I do and am unmedicated. I feel like it makes 'dieting' so much more difficult.

BBE-- Glad you had time to meal plan! I find that makes my week so much more relaxed. Curious as to why I don't do it! You are a good reminder that this is for the long haul and these habits don't die easily.

wndranne-- Glad your back on track! Isn't eating with young children a hoot?!! Today while eating oatmeal, the baby was crawling up me and the toddler was eating every other bite. I did eat slowly... b/c my food was being stolen, mindfully, not so much.

Maryblu-- slowly and mindfully is going to be a challenge for me for quite some time. Beyond children climbing on me, I am just a fast mover and easily distracted in general.

Shepherdess-- Sounds like you are on track despite a huge challenge. I am glad you got your run in... I am sure a break from being a caretaker was nice.

Ceejay-- 'What an absolute relief to know that I can have a few bad days and get back to it. ' WOOHOO!! That is a sweet, sweet sentence.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #124  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Halfway through my exercise for November!

WI: +0.55kg, Exercise: +20, 654/1300 minutes for November, Food: op, Read my Advantages and Responses: no

BillBlueEyes: yay for pre-fixed lunches!

wndranne: good job on planning for the things you crave! That's one of the things that is really making Beck work for me (when I remember to do it)

maryblu: thanks for the reminder that the slightly hungry feeling can actually feel good! I needed it now that we're coming into cloudy, rainy days and part of me would like to cuddle up with a big bowl of something and eat until I'm over-full. But, you're right, I like having energy and that behavior would take it away!

Shepherdess:
good job with making the fries work in your day, and thinking through why it happened, saying "oh well" and getting on with it!

FutureFitChick: way to go with two meals out and all that planning and preparation for the week!

CeeJay: yay for getting back to it and having a great weekend!

KidsLibraryLady: Yay for figuring out the Wii (with a little help) and for pushing the little ones in the stroller for exercise!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 AM   #125  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Monday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Finished preparing for my week's lunches by picking up a rotisserie chicken while on my warm afternoon walk; CREDIT moi and CREDIT moi. DW also wanted it for our dinner - some days are busy enough that a little help with dinner is appreciated.

Packed today's lunch last night - quite unusual for me since I'm a morning person. But I have to scoot to work early; deadline like a guillotine waiting for me at the office.

maryblu - The message from Suzanne 3FC is that the outage wasn't caused by the acquisition, but the cause of the outage hasn't been announced where I've seen it. Kudos to that special gentleman-of-a-certain-age in your life who can throw 244 yards in one game. Yay for dancing the band under the table. You ROCK.

Anne (wndranne) - Yay for activating all your tools at once - back on the wagon for sure. Ouch for the fried brain - LOL at extra crispy. BTDT. Hope the work situation evolves positively for you.

FutureFitChick - Neat to just incorporate two meals out into your life by wise choices and adjusting elsewhere. Yep, the folks over on the maintenance threads with long term success are still vigilant and mindful - I wouldn't say struggle. But Beck suggests that thin people are always mindful of their eating - she suggests that there's no such thing as blissfully thin.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for half way through your month's exercising at mid month. Hope your writing continues to go well.

KidsLibraryLady - Shuttle launch is scheduled for today; perhaps your TV will turn on, LOL. Yay for pushing little people for exercise.

Shepherdess - LOL at "Fries was my dessert for the day." Kudos for a fine recovery and Extra Kudos for identifying your caregiver stress as a trigger. When I find unwanted food in my mouth and go looking for its trigger, I often find a slight resentment lurking.

CeeJay - WOW - Kudos for a stellar weekend with a head start on a planned coming week. Yay for walking both days - hope that means that you had two days of good weather.

Readers -
Quote:
day 7
Arrange Your Environment

Today, I'd like you to prepare you home and work environment by putting tempting foods where you won't easily see them - and by putting wholesome foods allowed by your diet in plain view.

Did this suggestion trigger sabotaging thoughts? Many dieters tell me "If I make changes, I'll have to tell everyone I'm dieting. I'm worried I could fail on this diet, too. Then everyone will know. So it's better not to let anyone know." If you're having such thought, you're going to need a strong response or you may decide not to make environmental changes. Consider the following:

You don't have to tell people you're dieting. You can tell them that you've decided to eat in a more healthful way.
How differently will people view you? No matter what happens, if they've had a positive view of you, they'll probably still think of you positively.
Won't most people think it's better to have tried to diet than not to have tried at all? They'll probably see your efforts at self-improvement as an admirable goal, even if all doesn't turn out as you expected or hoped.

Finally, think about how likely it is that you will lose weight this time because now you have the power of Cognitive Therapy and the Beck Diet Solution - if you follow all the steps.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 90.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 11-17-2009 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #126  

Coaches/Buddies, I got my lunches started and my week's chopping done last night. Yea for quiet Sundays! This morning, I weighed/measured my breakfast and sat and ate it mindfully. Then I exercised to one of my two new DVDs for 20 minutes - good fun and lots to learn. I'm going to read next day in Beck book after posting. WI -1 lb. and read my cards last night and this morning. Have a great week, everyone!

P.S. I really appreciate the support I've been getting here. It has been really comfortable for me (in WW, I would never talk to the group and just listen - trust issues it seems). Thanks!

BillBlueEyes, CREDIT for the walk and prepping lunches. I've never tried a rotisserie chicken. Do you just track it like a roasted chicken (and not eat the skin), or is it not seasoned/basted/flavored? I just realized after reading your feedback that ordering healthy while eating out didn't leave me bitter like it usually has (e.g. why can't I have that XXX when everyone else at the table it? WHINE...) That is pretty cool.

CeeJay, this was sooo cool to read!
Quote:
I am so happy about this weekend. I pulled it together and did everything I wanted to... What an absolute relief to know that I can have a few bad days and get back to it.
You are a powerful woman!

GardenerJoy, that is a neat way to track your activity. I never thought about a cumulative month total. I'll have to think about that when my endurance is built up some. Congratulations on the great progress and happy writing this week!

KidsLibraryLady, yep, I'm still proud of conqurring the SuzyQ craving. Great job for getting the walk and the Wii in and for carving out some quiet time of your own to eat. That's awesome!
Re: ADD - yes. I was diagnosed 7 years ago (I'm 33 now) with inattentive type (as opposed to hyperactive type). I was having trouble focusing on some repetitive tasks I was trying to do at work. (There's nothing like losing your place and in 12 seconds blowing $450 of the company's money to get your attention!!) I didn't get medication until I came back to graduate school and had serious difficulties with paying attention in class (and it affected my grades). I'd managed to get through undergrad OK, but found grad school more difficult in this respect. The medications do help - I notice a big difference on the rare occasion that I run out of medication or forget to take one. And I totally agree, it really makes dieting hard. I listen to a podcast called iProcrastinate, and the author made a really good point regarding the difficulty for some (ADD people especially) to keep their eye on the prize and not "Give in to feel good." So, I've really been trying to put that in the forefront of my mind with my daily habits, food choices, etc.

Last edited by FutureFitChick; 11-16-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #127  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 149/128/123(next goal)

Height: 4'11"

Default Monday November 16th

Coaches/Buddies: Struggling a bit, but not as bad as I have been in the past. Eating more than I should, but at least accounting for it. Also getting exercise in. Just need to get myself into a routine. Got more unpacking and organizing done over the weekend which is helping me toward my goal of organization and routine. Need to get back to work now, going to check in again later.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #128  
Just Keep Swimming!

S/C/G: 215

Default Overeating and Overspending

Hi,
So I'm new to the Beck Diet, a couple weeks on the site now. I keep reading pages over to make sure I get it right.
I was wondering if anyone else has a habit of overspending. I have credit card debt I'm working on and feel I over spent money like I over eat food/calories. It kinda connected in a weird way. I just figure it doesn't really matter if I use my credit card. I don't see the bill til later. Or it doesn't really matter if I eat those M&Ms because they don't count.
Sounds like a page right out of the book!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #129  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies Credits:
  • I read my ARC.
  • I Got Back on Track.
  • I talked myself out of another Off Plan food.
  • I planned for today.
  • I recorded all planned and unplanned eating.
  • I checked in here.
  • I calmed down before I ate.
I'm sure there are more. A good day today. Not perfect, but good will have to do. Tomorrow is a run.

Reconnected with an old, dear friend today. I'm really happy about that. And best of all DH sent me a love letter of sorts last night. Wow!

maryblu Cheers for enjoying Indian food, beer, and dancing. Food is so much better when it is savored, rather than just shoveling it in.

Shepherdess How far are you running? I used to do a lot more distance and am trying to build back up after kid #2. Good job on the fries recovery!

FutureFitChick Sounds like you had a great weekend, and I think your eating out plan sounds good. I actually love the parking lot for cravings. I'm not sure it is a Beck strategy, but one day I realized it helped me to make the "I can always eat that tomorrow" more concrete. This was really good because I was having issues on the 2nd day of craving/desiring a food if I had forgotten to plan it in.

Great work on getting all your chopping done. That can be quite a chore.

CeeJay Congrats on recognizing the real trick: perfection may not be achievable but consistency and persistence are!

KidsLibrarylady Sorry about the Wii absence! Nice job on the walk though. It is funny how mad I get at my kids when they eat my food that I've planned for, weighed, and measured. I'm quite immature about it!

gardenerjoy Looks like you are on track for the exercise goal for November. Good work on planning. Out of curiosity, why do you think you didn't read your RCs? I ask because I resist it myself, and am never sure why. It isn't that big a deal. And on that note, here I go reading...

Aside OK, my Memory Cards are very, very powerful! I forget what I can do! And my "short term" weight goal is one pound less difficult to reach than I remembered, which makes a big psychological boost!

BillBE I continue to be impressed by your consistency. I'm glad you're here to set that example. Me, I'm the Queen of Persistence (read stubborn as ****) but consistency is tough for me!

Kim Glad to see you checking in. Sending positive thoughts for getting into a routine.

disneynerd I often think of my food/caloric budget like a monetary one, but don't have the problem of overspending. I can see how they'd feel connected but don't have any specific thoughts for money issues. I'd think CT techniques could help, as they do for depression, insomnia, and on and on and on, all in addition to overeating, but you might want to look up some specific strategies related to that.

'Night everyone. Have a good one!

Anne
Old 11-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

hi all! just taking a minute to check in before I try and start up the Wii. Today was changing my environment. Didn't take much since we don't keep any junk in the house, really. My struggle is the check-out line at the grocery store. Or any store. That and eating enough for 6 people. Still working on eating slowly and mindfully. Ate slow, mindfully, not so much. Dinner was another round of the ants go marching. I was putting pasta on my plate and thinking that I didn't want to take too much b/c it would take too long to eat. I still managed to eat too much, feeling too full, but didn't have a second helping. That, at least, deserves some credit as I still would have taken a second helping before.

Have a great night!

gardenerjoy-- How did you come up with the exercise for the month idea?

BBE-- love me a rotisserie chicken. So many options, so little time.

FutureFitChick-- you got your groove on!! What exercise DVDs are you using? I miss my meds.... seriously. I have tried several but Concerta seems to work the best for me. I am considering going back on after the baby is done nursing, should she ever choose to eat solid foods. I was self-diagnosed (I work with kids so I know the symptoms well) but didn't get on meds until I was 28. I self-medicated thru undergrad on diet mountain dew but was happily medicated all through grad school. Thankfully! I think I will try the more natural route-- fish oil and something else I forget (of course) for a little while and see how that works for me. Until then, I will just deal. It ABSOLUTELY makes sticking to a diet more challenging, especially as I, like many, struggle with planning and a love of the spontaneous. Combine that with a short memory and DISASTER. Love teh quote and will make that into a response card.

Disneynerd-- welcome! Glad you found the group. I am new myself and have already found it to be helpful!

wndranne-- yum- a love letter. love it. Someone told us before we had kids that since having children they just missed having their own stuff. I didn't fully understand that until everything (in the most literal sense) became fair game for sharing or interruption. Sigh. They are cute though. Good thing, yes?

Bennyhannamama-- hope you get in some down time. You need a break with all you have been through. A healthy break, but a break nonetheless.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #131  
Green Tomatoes

It looks like my brother's significant other is going to start home hospice care this week. She has lived with rheumatoid arthritis and an assortment of other health problems most of her adult life. Since July, she's been dealing with congestive heart failure which means, among other things, that she can no longer take the more effective forms of pain relief for the arthritis. The best life the doctors can promise is pain-filled and house-bound. So, she's going to refuse the treatment for the heart failure, which qualifies her for hospice care, expected to die within the next six months.

My brother and I lost our dad in 2001 and our mother in 2005, so this hasn't been a good decade. I know this kind of thing happens as you get older, but I'm not even 50 yet.

The dangers for my weight loss journey during this time are mindless eating and not taking the time to exercise, so I'll try to keep an eye on both of those.

WI: -0.1kg, Exercise: +45, 699/1300 minutes for November, Food: op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

BillBlueEyes: good job on the pre-packed lunch for an early day

FutureFitChick and KidsLibraryLady: I got the idea of a cumulative month total for exercise from the Chicks Up for a Challenge monthly exercise goal. Several of the ladies there track monthly minutes or some variation. I track it in detail on that thread and find it very motivating. It's helpful to have it for the whole month, because missing a day here and there is no big deal -- I have time to make it up.

bennyhannahmama: yay for not struggling quite so much -- and noticing it. I tend to think of that sort of thing as an on and off state which isn't that helpful.

disneynerd: I'm finding all kinds of weird ways that I'm connecting what I'm learning from Beck to the rest of my life.

wndranne: it's great to see all of those credits to you! I think I probably need to get my RCs in a place where I will read them everyday. Right now they are in a notebook with other things that I would like to look at everyday -- it's fun and visual, but even that doesn't mean that I'll pull it out and look at it. BillBlueEyes suggested putting them on a sheet in the same Excel file where I record my weight. If I did that, I suspect I could develop a daily habit.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:53 AM   #132  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Going in to work early again this morning to stay the guillotine. Been here before, always full of the thought that I could have done more work earlier and not faced the crunch of a deadline. But seem to be a deadline driven person. Yay for coffee.

Food and gym OP; CREDITS moi. Seems that I used almost the last of the onions making my zucchini this weekend and didn't replace them. Ooooops. The chef of the house desired me to scoot to the store and get some so that dinner could proceed. Was a neat walk in the dark - CREDIT moi. I still had on my gym shorts and the evening was warm enough.

Anne (wndranne) - Yay for Anne with both barrels. Thanks for the reminder about the power of your Memory Cards; need to kick myself into starting some of those. And thanks for the kind words. LOL at "Queen of Persistence (read stubborn as ****)" - good thing that given the situations you get yourself into on your bike.

Kim (bennyhannamama) - Kudos for unpacking and organizing to set up your routine. I'm jealous since I have problems in that area. Ouch for the struggling. Keep the faith.

FutureFitChick - Yep, it's cool alright to enjoy a restaurant meal without "why can't I have that XXX when everyone else at the table is?" Hopefully that's a transition in your life that needn't be crossed again. Kudos for the work that got your mind to that place. Re the rotisserie chicken: Yep, I remove the skin and treat it as a roasted chicken. When I was de-boning the remainder, I pulled the meat out of one wing and was astounded at how much fat and skin was left. Chicken wings are deadly; no wonder they taste so good.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Sending supportive thoughts to you and your family as you face your brother's significant other in home hospice care. Count on us for support in your eating and exercise during difficult times. I hope you have some additional real life support for the emotional challenge of the hospice journey.

KidsLibraryLady - LOL at "I didn't want to take too much b/c it would take too long to eat." Whatever works. One solution for the diabolical check-out line at the grocery store is to indulge in the scandal magazines; I give myself permission to waddle in the salacious for as long as the waiting takes. But it's a little like eating - the first bite is best and then it gets repetitive.

disneynerd - Makes sense to me that overspending is using the same mindless actions as overeating. I'd bet there was a Cognitive Therapy book about that - I do know there's a Cognitive Therapy for Dummies at Amazon, but the title is all I know about it. I've had the same thought to try Cognitive Therapy in other parts of my life but haven't done anything yet. Kudos for making that connection to begin the search for a path out of that.

Readers -
Quote:
day 8
Create Time and Energy

Dieting takes a commitment that goes beyond eating differently. For starters, you'll need time to plan meals, to make lists, to shop for food, and to cook. You'll need to eat slowly, to exercise, and to read your Response Cards. It all takes fortitude and mental energy, especially if and when sabotaging thoughts get in the way.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 97.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

DH made it through another PT appointment yesterday. We suspect the “T” stands for torture, not therapy. But DH was distracted from the electricity running through his leg. The therapist that put his brace on post-op did a very funny impression of dh coming out of anesthesia. All DH remembers are half a dozen people holding him down. I’m the brutal task master at home, making DH do his exercises. In solidarity, I have been doing some tough exercises while he’s doing his, so I have some sore ab muscles right now. I also got my run in yesterday and eating was OP. Last night, I made my mom’s black bean soup recipe. I don’t know why I never think to make it. It’s good, healthy and filling, and it’s really not that difficult to make. I have enough for lunches for the rest of the week.

FutureFitChick, kudos on two meals out with healthy choices, and for getting a start on a week of healthy eating, with meals planned and shopping done. Kudos getting your exercise and glad it was lots fun. Diddo that this is a great group. I have glanced at a few different weight loss forums, but have never been very interested. I find this group very supportive and there are lots of good heads for problem solving.

Ceejay, great job doing everything you wanted to do this weekend. It is tough getting back on the wagon after a few rough days, but it’s so great to teach yourself that a those rough patches don’t ruin everything.

KidsLibrarylady, LOL at your dh’s TV set-up. Kudos for getting a walk in with your kids. LOL at not wanting to take too much pasta because it would take too long to eat. And resisting a second helping deserves lots of credit—one victory at a time.

Gardnerjoy, kudos on getting halfway through your exercise goals for Nov. I think the month goal is a good strategy, since it allows you some wiggle room on a day-to-day basis. So sorry to hear about your brothers SO. Good for you for recognizing ahead of time all of the pitfalls related to the emotional turmoil. You do deserve comfort during this difficult time, but food is not the right form of comfort. And it’s easy to skip exercise, but it will give you some good time alone with your thoughts to work out your feelings.

BillBE, kudos on getting all your lunches prepared. This week you’ll skip the leftover surprise. Good luck on avoiding the guillotine. I’m impressed that you are able to stick to healthy eating and exercise with all of the work stress. LOL at the unplanned exercise walking to the store. Yay for evenings warm enough in Nov that you can walk outside in shorts!

Bennyhannamamma, sorry that you’re going through a rough patch, but good for you for looking at what you’re doing right. It’s hard when you’re in a big transition. Good luck getting organized.

Disneynerd, interesting insight that spending and eating are similar. It is true that it’s all about budgeting. It’s easy not to count those few calories from the candy that you eat while passing by, or the few dollars that you spend here and there, but every little bit adds up, whether its pennies or calories. Good job reading Beck carefully and taking your time.

Wndranne, kudos on getting back onto the wagon, sticking to the plan and resisting off-plan food. Kudos on reading your cards, since it is difficult for you. I resisted reading the cards at first. Just seemed really dorky, but reading them first thing in the AM was helpful. Now I just need to remember to read them when I’m having trouble. . .

I run 25 to 30 miles a week. My goal is 30, but it there are some runs that just don’t happen. I have been working up to that mileage for 3 ½ years now. Right now, 30 miles a week seems to be my ceiling.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #134  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

BILL ~ Big YAY for staying OP with food AND gym time. You're an inspiration!

SHEPHERDESS ~ Congrats for your "tough exercises" - some soreness just proves you're work'n it! And KUDOS for your run and OP eating. I admire you for your running! - I've never been a runner ... walker, yes, at one time was doing 6 miles per day... but running? My feet rebel just thinking about it!

MARYBLU ~ "If I am eating what I want, exactly what I want, and eating slowly and mindfully, enjoying it immensely and just stopping before I am full, then I don't get off track. I don't feel deprived; there is something that feels so powerful and in control when I do that. I like not feeling full. I have more energy and feel more alert and alive when I am even slightly hungry. I like that feeling." That is EXACTLY what I'm doing. And it DOES feel SO good (powerful & in control!!!) and I LOVE not feel over-stuffed. Congrats to you!

FFCHICK ~ YAY for making healthier choices for breakfast (I bet that veggie omelet was kick'n!!!!), and another YAY for stopping at the full point. WOO HOO for reading your adv. cards & sitting down & eating slowly. You rock!

CEEJAY ~ CREDITS for healthy eating and walking & weights & checking in! "What an absolute relief to know that I can have a few bad days and get back to it." Ain't it tho?!?!!?

KIDSLIBRARYLADY ~ Congrats for choosing your diet coach! - that was actually kinda a tough step for me.

(I'm sorry if I missed anyone!!!!!)

I am back on track with my eating plan & exercise after such a blah week last week. It felt SO GOOD to get out & walk today. We're still having mid 70's weather, and that's helpful for exercise planning!

We made spaghetti Sunday night, and had left over last night. Both times I put my spaghetti in a BOWL instead of a huge plate... I didn't over eat so I didn't feel stuffed - and I know now the "power of the bowl". WOOT!

Here's some for everyone!
Remember - EVERYDAY'S A NEW DAY!
Old 11-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #135  

Coaches/Buddies, last night I got my cooking done and meal prep for today too. I did not yet read the next day in Beck like I said I would, but will try to do that tonight. I read my advantage and response cards last night and this morning. I started to take a bite of food standing up, took it out of my mouth, and waited until I was seated. WI: 0 lb change

BeachPatrol, your lamenting about your great weather makes me depressed about mine! Great job on not overeating and otherwise staying on plan. Fantastic!

BillBlueEyes, great job on the extra walking. Thanks for the chicken info. Hopefully the craziness at work will end soon (but not too soon so you can get it all done)!

CeeJay, a routine must be tough with all of the changes. CREDIT to you for sticking with it!

Disneynerd, I think the spending and overweight often occur in the same person. I just try to focus on not giving in to feel good and remember the big picture (e.g. response/advantage cards).

Gardenerjoy, that is so sad to hear about your "sister-in-law". That has to be tough. We'll be thinking about you and sending extra good thoughts your way in this tough time! Great job on meeting your daily goals! That is spectacular.

KidsLibraryLady, way to go on recognizing your fullness! That is terrific. I got 2 dance DVDs at Barnes & Noble, but honestly have no idea what they are titled. Good to hear it is possible to make it through grad school!

shepherdess, glad to hear DH is continuing his PT work with a great home coach (CREDIT to you). Also, credit for the healthy cooking of black bean soup. Sounds lovely.

wndranne, look at you soar! I am so impressed! I know you can keep up the great work!
Closed Thread