Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #106  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

*tsk! I didnt get here this morning. We opened the shop and I didnt come up for air until about 3pm. Then I had to get home, change and get dolled up for a networking event I had to go to.

I just dont know.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, I had a pretty good day today. I was a little slow getting going this morning, but nothing like it has been. Hopefully, things will continue to progress like this and I can attribute all of that to the lingering illness from the week before and not a bout of depression arriving. Food was pretty good today. I really paid attention to my breakfast and snack. I read my advantage cards twice today and packed my lunch and snacks for tomorrow. I also planned tomorrow's dinner and am soaking beans as I type. I took some time out today to also block out time in my everyday schedule for daily diet and exercise planning/3FC writing/food tracking and weekly food planning and preparation time. I am still working on the exercise identification and commitment.

BillBlueEyes, great job with the potluck! That is fantastic. I really appreciate you sharing so that I can try that technique next time I am in a similar situation.

Maryblue, sounds like you had some lovely revelations. That is so neat. I am craving some cold weather about now!

RobinW, credit for checking in, even though you didn't make it when you hoped you would. Tomorrow you will!

wndranne, to you. Here's hoping you get to relax some soon!

Have a great Friday, everyone.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:11 AM   #108  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

The lunch went really well. There's a new person on our advisory board and she's a vegetarian, so we got a potato bar with both meat and non-meat options and a salad and dessert. I went meatless on my potato and divided a brownie in half for dessert (good thing -- it was way too sweet, so two bites were plenty!)

The dinner was actually nicer than I expected. But I stuck to my plan, eating all my veggies and half of everything else. It was plenty of food, and I enjoyed each delicious bite! I noticed that the thin women around the table left about as much food as I did.

WI: -0.3kg, Exercise: +30, 464/1300 minutes for November, Food: op, Read my Advantages and Responses: no
Old 11-13-2009, 04:34 AM   #109  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Friday the 13th

Diet Coaches/Buddies - So I conjured my lunch; took the quarter cup of broccoli-cheese casserole left over from the pot luck (I know, any sane person would have thrown away such a small amount), added some getting-hard white rice leftovers, chopped in some fresh broccoli, and mixed in a can of tuna fish, blending them right into the Pyrex dish I take them to work in. Voila, I am an extemporaneous creative chef, me! And it tasted as good as it sounds.

But I ate it anyway; CREDIT moi. The nutrition was good enough and it served me right for not planning. Fortunately, my 1.9 quarts of raw veggies in addition always carries me through lunch anyway.

maryblu - Yep, gotta be leery of book recommendations from someone who reads at the speed of light and, worse, remembers what she's read. Neat that you inferred "One day at a time" from Beck - she often seems to come down on the side of the wisdom of the ages. Methinks you are sooooo on track with "eating exactly what I wanted to eat, just less."

Robin (RobinW) - Ouch for super busy at work and networking. But Yay that it means that you're keeping your own business thriving.

Anne (wndranne) - Bill is ROFLHAO at grouchy Anne. Boy do I ever need to make the list of things that boost me and do some substituting; sufficiently handling obligations isn't enough. Big Kudos that you've done that in the past and commit yourself to doing it again.

FutureFitChick - Having beans soaking is one of the best feelings in the world, IMHO; don't know why, but it makes me feel at one with the food I'm going to eat. Yay for continuing to feel better and Kudos for getting one day organized.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for making a plan and Kudos for following your plan for both eating events. Yay for a buffet that sounds yummy with limited options that include good vegetarian options. Interesting observation that the thin folks left food on their plates. I need to keep hearing that in hopes of learning that skill - it's the SCIC, you know.

Readers -
Quote:
day 6
Find a Diet Coach

How to Find a Diet Coach If you're not sure whom to select, consider the following:
. . .
Investigate Internet support. Face-to-face interaction is usually more desirable, but if you absolutely can't meet with someone in person, investigate weight loss support groups on the Internet. A study conducted by the University of Vermont in Burlington found that participants who enrolled in a weight maintenance program over the Internet sustained the same amount of weight loss as participants who met with a support group in person.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 86.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #110  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday

Outage - The error messages you received over the last three days weren't your computer - 3FC wasn't responding. I don't yet know the story behind the 3FC outage, but indeed there was one. I Googled and found one blog that said that a bunch of Internet Brands sites were affected, so there's a story to be told.

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Samples were offered at Trader Joe's. I loved the taste of the strawberry rhubarb pie until it dawned on me that I was eating pie crust. So I stopped, and tossed the remainder; CREDIT moi since I toss out very little. Was happy to shave a few calories and, in addition, indulge in a bit of self-righteousness. The latter was apparently enough to justify then accepting a sample of pumpkin ginger cake, LOL. Just reminds me of the notion from The End of Overeating, or somewhere, that some mere hint of healthy seems to justify our eating more of something. Oh Well. But I counted it as my morning snack.

Finished work early so I made it to the gym early on Friday, CREDIT moi. Felt odd working out with a bunch of strangers since I wasn't there during my time slot. Got to see a guy doing a bunch of pull ups even though he didn't look particularly muscular - just a young lanky guy. I liked that.

I incremented my ticker - one more month of maintenance; CREDIT moi.

Readers -
Quote:
day 7
Arrange Your Environment

I find it difficult to have junk food staring me in the face. At home, I make sure it's all on a high shelf in a cupboard or in the freezer. I don't keep food in my office or in my car because I don't always have the mental energy to resist urges to eat - particularly at the end of the workday. The dieters with whom I work also have found this practice to be a valuable strategy for losing weight and maintaining their weight loss.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 90.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 11-14-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #111  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies Things are OK. Yesterday was a bad day for the record books, but today has been reasonable so far. My goal is to get these wild oscillations damped into something livable and more like consistency. Bike this morning was nice.

maryblu Sorry about the time commitment on the Michael Scott series. I'm hoping it'll be worth it in the end. Hooray for skinny jeans! I'm so far behind on Survivor I can't even comment.

Thanks for your words about your journey. There are good times and bad times on this path, as we all know, but it is easy to forget the bad times pass when you are in one. I think this is a Beck thing too--Day 24, which also includes the one day at a time thing. What isn't in this book?

RobinW Keep on keeping on. I myself am jumping on kuhljeanie's wagon when she brings it back. Or maybe we should just make our own.

Futurefitchick sounds like things are moving along splendidly! I'm always happy to hear when people are doing well. Gives me hope.

gardenerjoy Just in awe of two bites of brownie. Nice work!

BillBE Cringing at your lunch! Spent a long time figuring out what ROTFLHAO meant. Google was unhelpful. But finally the fog lifted! Hurray for humor! ;P

Nice job figure out pie crust isn't worth it (it sooo isn't), and congrats on another month of maintenance!

Anne
Old 11-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello everyone!!!

gardenerjoy-great plan to deal with the 2 meals out. And it worked! Good going.

BillBlueEyes- OP eating and walking and going to the gym-- credit! What a nice moment you must have had looking in the mirror and liking what you saw. One day...

Bennyhannahmama- amazing going through your mediation not using cigarettes or food to cope. Excellent. Credit for all your successes during such a hard time.

FutureFitChick- glad you are feeling better. Good for you for working on your meal plan. Running away to Hawaii actually sounds like a pretty good idea...

Shepherdess-glad your DH is doing OK after surgery. It is always stressful to have someone you love undergo surgery.

RobinW- kuddos for eating well at the Chinese food restaurant. I find restaurants really tricky, so I admire your ability to stick to your plan.

KidsLibrarylady-eating slowly and mindfully mostly alludes me at this point. I find that so hard. Sounds like a nice day at the zoo with the kids. Your non-food indulgences sound great.

wndranne- Letting tomorrow worry about tomorrow. That is so positive.

maryblu- you had a great moment like BillBlueEyes while looking in the mirror at the hairdressers. That is fantastic.

For me, have not posted since Tuesday. My eating on Wed and Thurs was OP and healthy but I found myself caving for peanut butter toast at bedtime both nights. Nothing to do with hunger...only to do with stress. Friday was just terrible eating all day.

Late last night I thought, well this is the point where I have always thrown in the towel. And I am not doing it this time. So sat down and wrote up the way it was going to be today: eat a healthy breakfast, go for a walk, eat the usual morning yogurt and berries, eat a healthy lunch, eat a healthy afternoon snack, lift weights, go for 2nd walk, eat a healthy dinner. Snack in the evening is going to be more yogurt or a 100 calorie popcorn snack. Read response and advantages cards and post at 3FC's. And that is it. Just do it.

So far so good today. The healthy dinner is waiting and I am headed off for walk #2.

Thank you all for your support. It is really helping. I am back on track.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #113  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Coaches/Buddies -
I haven't been here in about a week or so; last couple of days the website was to blame...

But I've had a bad cold since last Sunday - out of work Mon & Tue, back to work on Wed but it wore me completely out, so I only worked a few hours... meant to be back full time on Thur but then my two herniated discs in my neck decided to whack out... trip to the chiro & another day in bed with ice packs... felt better today, but that's the whole week in a nutshell.

Coincidentally, I haven't been "on track" very much. Between the cold, the disc herniation, and being out of work for nearly a week - I haven't really kept up with anything. I have been having healthy oatmeal breakfast, but otherwise, I've pretty much lived on Chicken Noodle Soup and saltines. Not TOO bad, but not good either. And of course I've done no exercise at all.

I'm giving myself one more day of rest tomorrow... then I plan to jump right back on the horse on Monday. Food tracking, reading my cards, exercising, etc.

Until then... good luck to you all - and to myself. Man, it's been a hard week!

OH! AND I NEARLY FORGOT! - THE GOOD NEWS!!!!

When I weighed last Monday, I weighed in at 179. Then I went BACK in my diet journal & read from day one, which I recorded as 184 pounds... so really... I'VE LOST 5 POUNDS! - YAY ME!!!! But being sick & everything, I haven't weighed since then... so I'll start clean on Monday.

but... YAY!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 11-14-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:37 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all-- glad it was just me who had trouble with 3FC! Today was eat slowly and mindfully. I hate it. Truly. It goes against everything I usually do and is, sadly, most assuredly the key to my ultimate success. My snack of an apple was eaten with a baby on my knee and a toddler hanging off of my neck, literally, my lunch was spent trying to keep play-doh and a baby off of my sandwich and my dinner was spent singing the ants go marching one by one. I did eat my breakfast of oatmeal in peace as the baby was still asleep (hallelujah) and I am dead to my toddler if daddy is around, which he was. I put forth my best effort (CREDIT moi) and will go at it again! I will say I left food on my plate at dinner as a result of eating so slowly. Even so, I probably ate more than I should have. Recognizing when I am full is a challenge as I am used to busting.

Off to start my thirty day challenge on Wii Fit and perhaps a little time on the treadmill... but probably not.

Gardenjoy-- Glad your even went well and you avoided pitfalls. Interesting that the skinny women left as much as you. They probably did so without thinking... Oh, to have that be an unconcious event!
Bennyhannamama-- I, too, need to read the first chapter. I skimmed it this time since I have read it before and feel like I did my self a disservice.

Futurefitchick-- Glad you are feeling back on track! I feel like a lactose-intolerant vegetarian is some sort of urban legend. No wonder you struggle so much with preparing meals. I can't eat dairy (or nuts or eggs) when I nurse-- so a year with the first and now I am 9 months in with the second baby-- and it is a CHALLENGE to prepare food without dairy-- and I eat poultry!!! Yep-- no advice from me, just sympathy and encouragement!!

BBE- While I am sad that you had a negative thought at the gym, I am HOWLING at the thought of a man thinking he had on mom jeans!!!!! Also hysterical-- "And it tasted as good as it sounds." you gave me my guffaws for the day. YEAH!! at one more month of maintenance, that's great!

wndranne-- LOVE-- 'It isn't just about time, it is also about energy." thanks! Had to google ROTFLHAO, too

Maryblu-- your revelation at the hair stylist brought tears to my ears. That is truly [B]FANTASTIC[/B!!

Ceejay 'And that is it. Just do it' I say that's fabulous! Glad you got back on track-- love your intentionality of the list-- but am sorry you had a crummy day. Also sorry I now crave PB on toast.

Beach Patrol-- Good grief-- that is a pitiful week. I think our bodies should, at the very least, space out the disasters of illness and pain. Hope you are feeling better!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #115  
Green Tomatoes

Today was too nice to write, so my word count for NaNoWriMo suffered, but my exercise minutes for the month benefitted! The prediction is rain for a week, so I imagine that trend will reverse.

WI: -0.55kg (new low), Exercise: +110, 634/1300 minutes for November, Food: op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Good to "see" everyone now that the site is up and running.

BillBlueEyes: congratulations on another month of maintenance!

wndranne: kudos for a good bike ride!

CeeJay: way to go for taking that sabotaging thought of "this is when I quit" and transforming it to a postive action of "this is when I plan." And thanks for sharing it -- I'm going to use that!

Beach Patrol: good job on handling a rough week and planning your way back on track! Hope you're feeling better!

FutureFatChick: you're doing great working this in around your many challenges and finding ways to make it work for you.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Good evening,Coaches/Buddies. Hope you are all having a nice weekend. Today was my last football season babysitting day for my most handsome, although sadly teething, nephew. It was a joy to be around him anyway. Food came out OK. We had brunch again, and my original plan was to have fruit and a Belgian waffle, plain. Well things got mixed up and I didn't get my waffle as a result - so disappointed. But, I stuck with my fruit and had a slice of spinach quiche instead. Dinner, I had a salad, which in retrospect I wish I would have ordered with the dressing on the side (I hate it when I forget to do that) and shared a brownie sundae with the whole family. I got lots of exercise from cleaning and walking around on campus. I still haven't found an exercise routine yet, and I am going to make myself admit that to you every time I post until I do something about it! Tomorrow I am working on my meal plan for next week, and am going to grocery shop and prep ahead. I will also walk with my dogs.

My fantastic Friday story: had a MASSIVE craving for a SuzyQ (I've probably had fewer than 4 SuzyQs in my life) at work on Friday. I told myself that I had to distract myself from my impulse for at least 15 minutes before giving in to the vending machine. 15 minutes passed and that was still all i could think about. So, 10 minutes later i went to the vending machine - not a single chocolate item in it. So, did my best to get something more done before I headed home. Working was less than productive with the chocolate cakey thing stuck on my mind, so gave up after 1/2 hour and headed home. I didn't stop at the nearby cafe (though I really wanted to). I didn't stop at Starbucks. I didn't stop at Dairy Queen. I didn't stop at the grocery store to get something. I made it all of the way home. I then satisfied my craving with a small bowl of oatmeal with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a square of Ghiradelli chocolate in it. Such a better outcome than a crappy SuzyQ. I am still proud of my self 30 hours later.

I read my advantage cards once today and tracked my food. I sat down for all my meals and ate slowly. I overate my salad and wished I would have let myself "finish" before I did. Next time...

BeachPatrol, sorry to hear you've been sick. Great job on taking care of yourself though. I'm glad you'll be back on track Monday.

BillBlueEyes, I second that congratulations on another month of success. Just curious, how much would you attribute your daily posting to the success of your maintenance. Your broccoli casserole concoction actually sounded pretty decent on this end.

Ceejay,
Great job for getting yourself on track and having such a fantastic plan for today. You did it! You haven't thrown in the towel. You are changing for life and are an inspiration to me!!

GardnerJoy, so glad to hear your meals out went so well. That is terrific when things work out like that. Congratulations on the exercise - 110 minutes, WOW - and the new low on the weight loss. FANTASTIC! Thanks for the encouragement! Good luck next week on NaNoWriMo.

KidsLibraryLady, CREDIT to you for everyday being at home with the little ones. I don't know if this is feasible at all, but would it be possible to shift your lunch time to when the baby is napping? Thanks for the empathy on the lactose-intolerant vegetarian husband/low fat meal planning. It is a challenge and I appreciated your comment. I hope the Wii goes well for you. We've tossed around the idea of getting one ourselves, but I always go back to the fear that it would end up become an expensive dust holder after 6 weeks.

Wndranne, here's to hoping things settle down for you. Thanks for the encouragement. It means a ton to me!

Last edited by FutureFitChick; 11-14-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #117  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Made a batch of curried zucchini for my lunches next week - CREDIT moi- as well as a supermarket trip to get broccoli slaw to go under it. It's a positive step for me that I got back on track preparing my weeks meals after a week of failing to plan and gathering whatever I could find. I have that tendency to take any small stall as an invitation to slid backwards. The Beck strategies are good for me because they counter that. Just do it.

Apparently, with the rain, exercise is no longer required. Today I'll need to counter that one.

Anne (wndranne) - Seems wise to make your goal to damp the wild oscillations rather than to fix them or to make them go away. Sending supportive thoughts for that as well as supportive thoughts for continuing to make wise choices with your limited discretionary time. I do admire the effort required to juggle priorities with small kids, DH, a job, and a life. Thanks for taking the time to figure out that ROTFLHAO was a mod to Laughing His A** Off. I need to remember sometimes that obscure humor doesn't work where it's natural to just assume a typo.

FutureFitChick - MASSIVE Kudos for dealing with your SuzyQs cravings. Neat to give yourself a square of Ghiradelli chocolate - you should be proud 30 hours later. A bunch of super steps you took to wrestle it down. Just WOW.

Re how much I attribute daily 3FC postings to my success in maintenance: I've wondered that. I rate it pretty high because it forces me to confront a bunch of minimizing that I'm capable of doing that would lay the groundwork for dropping off my plans. I am so capable of having the thought that I've now done this weight loss thing, time to move on. This is the only place where I give myself credit for the small, daily steps that are key to remaining on track. Thanks for asking, it's a real question in my life.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for a sane response to being a bit behind in your NaNoWriMo work count plan - wish for myself to always be that sane when I'm a bit behind in my food plan. And Congrats for that new scale low.

KidsLibraryLady - LOL at the thought of trying to keep play-doh and a baby off your sandwich; clearly Beck needs to update her book with some examples like that. Kudos for recognizing that you're working on recognizing full; I think that's a challenge after a period of experiencing busting. Good luck facing that one head on.

Beach Patrol - Congrats on the "LOST 5 POUNDS!" Ouch for a bad cold and neck stuff in the same week. Hope you can find time today to peek at your cards and help your brain get ready for Monday's start.

CeeJay - Ouch for stress cravings. But Honking Big Kudos for recognizing that you were at a good point for quitting. And Double Honking Big Kudos for then making a plan and moving forward. Boy, do I ever need to see examples like that to remind myself that a bad day isn't inevitably the beginning of the slippery slide.

Readers -
Quote:
day 7
Arrange Your Environment

It's especially important to avoid environmental triggers when you're first starting your diet. "Out of sight, out of mind" is a good policy right now. Although you won't necessarily have to reduce environmental triggers forever, you may decide, as I have, that you prefer to keep certain foods out of sight even after you've lost weight.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 90.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 11-15-2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #118  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies Back to basics today. I made it plan on a post-it, right on my food journal, and so far it is guiding me to good choices. Brought back out the parking lot and am writing my cravings on it to incorporate into my plan over the next few days. I'm finding it comforting, rather than stressful today. I should make a Memory Card. Which reminds me, I need to read my ARC, my major RCs, and Memory Cards.

CeeJay I think it was genius to fight today's cravings by planning for tomorrow. I'm going to have to try that.

Beach Patrol Hurray for the five pounds. Good for you! Sounds like you've had a run of feeling bad, and hope you heal and get well. I never do well when I'm feeling bad either. Just not enough mental energy. I always wonder at the people who don't want to eat when they get sick. That NEVER happens to me.

KidsLibrarylady I can relate to trying to eat with small children. When I'm on plan, I try to follow the slow, mindful way, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Oh Well, right? Good luck on the 30 day Wii challenge. Last time I got on my Wii Fit, it harassed me for 10 minutes about who I was and what I was doing, and it was about time. I don't bother to tell it when I run or bike or swim though, LOL. It also wants my DD to come back, but she only likes it for the penguin-eating-fish balance game.

gardenerjoy I love days that are too nice to write. Hope you get another one. Congrats on the new low!

FutureFitChick WAY TO GO on the SuzyQ craving. Just excellent! I should say you should still be pleased 30 hours later. I had a great burrito victory in late 2002 that I still remember fondly. The good ones stick with you!

BillBE I love obscure humor, and I got it, but just slowly! Have I mentioned lately that I'm brain fried. Like of the extra crispy variety?? Good job with the zucks and the brocs. Now go show the rain who won't melt!

Have a great one Beckies!

Anne
Old 11-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default Hi, all

I missed you! 3 days W/O 3FC. I just assumed it was due to the acquisition thing.

wndranne, please don't apologize for making recommendations on reading that sorta helps ease the pain of no more Harry Potter. Do any of us think we will ever see the likes of her work again? I am not so sure. Hope you catch up on Survivor; I really wanna dish on it with you!

Re: eating slowly and mindfully. Kidslibrarylady et. al. For as much as I harp on things like avoiding the perfectionist trap, the all-or-nothing-I-have-blown-it-why-bother trap...fortunately Beck really, really helps make that trap so obvious and she makes the solutions so obvious..start over IMMEDIATELY. I think most of us have learned that lesson and behavior. For as much as I occasionally have to write things down again when I get off track, here's the deal:

If*I*am*eating*slowly*and*mindfully*I*don't*get*of f*track.

It is just that simple. If I am eating what I want, exactly what I want, and eating slowly and mindfully, enjoying it immensely and just stopping before I am full, then I don't get off track. I don't feel deprived; there is something that feels so powerful and in control when I do that. I like not feeling full. I have more energy and feel more alert and alive when I am even slightly hungry. I like that feeling.

Last night I went out for dinner at an Indian restaurant--enjoyed several flavors, not too much and two great bottles of beer. I then went dancing and actually got almost enough dancing in...could have danced more, but the band quit. I woke up in the night a little bit hungry, and just smiled. If I am hungry in the night, I am OK...I know it did it right. I could not begin to say how many calories I consumed, or burned for that matter, but I know it was right.

I think it is a true gift. I have often said, "I just got full". I would wish it for all of you, but in lieu of your getting said gift, Beck is the second best option I can offer. It is all so cut and dried and laid out..just do it.

That said, it will take someone much smarter than I to figure out how you do it with kids, especially those under 30 inches or so..and a career...and all the other challenges of health, both personal and family..I would challenge us to try to offer up some help about how to eat slowly and mindfully with little kids..I am thinking it might be less of a logistics solution than a change of mindset..I am not sure where I am even going with this, but let's chew on it a bit...Oh, dear, I *did say chew, didn't I?

OMG, BillBE, Favre is at it again..just through a 64 yard pass! He is something ..just threw a TD pass! OMG!!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

These last few days have been mostly on track. There was an incident with French fries after DH’s physical therapy appointment on Fri. We stopped at a drive thru so he could get some food and take a pain pill—he needed one after they ran electric current through his quadriceps. I was all set to resist, but they put an extra order of fries in the bag and I just couldn’t waste them. I also hadn’t planned well and didn’t have my snack with me. So I ate a few, and then it just felt good to do something bad. I wasn’t rebelling against my eating, which I was sticking to with no resentment. I think I just needed to rebel against keeping track of DH’s meds, appointments, bandage changes, etc. But the good news is that he is much more mobile and independent now. I quickly recovered from the fries incident and made up the calories in other meals. Fries was my dessert for the day.

I got my long run in yesterday, which felt really nice. We are having beautiful weather and I actually felt like I had some extra energy. I haven’t had energy to do all of my runs last week. I’ve been setting the alarm in the middle of the night for DH’s meds and then just having trouble sleeping. But the good news is that on days I didn’t run, I did make myself do yoga. It seemed like a good compromise. Running would have been too much, but I don’t get an exercise pass. I still need to do something.

RobinW, sometimes life gets in the way of our best intentions, but good job making a quick check-in when time allows.

KidsLibrarylady, the day at the zoo sounds wonderful and what a great experience for your kids. Kudos on success at sitting down while eating in a challenging situation. Good job at attempting to eat mindfully and sticking with it even though you have more challenges than most. Good luck with finding a way to eat mindfully while singing “The Ants Go Marching One by One.”

Gardenerjoy, congrats on your success with two challenging meals. I’m impressed that a brownie was too sweet for you and you could only eat a few bites. I’m not sure I have ever encountered a food too sweet for me. Way to make the most of good weather while it lasts.

FutureFitChick, kudos for blocking off time to plan meals. Huge kudos for ignoring your sweet tooth and finding a better way to satisfy a craving. Kudos on getting lots of exercise and good luck finding a good workout. Are there activities that you enjoy? I don’t think your exercise necessarily has to be a traditional gym routine. You could find a class or a sport you enjoy. You could even rent some dvds to try out some different activities.

Maryblu, kudos for taking a good look in the mirror and seeing your true skinny self and for getting some jeans that fit the new you. You’re an inspiration. I am looking forward to one day seeing something I like in the mirror. Your night of Indian food and dancing sounds wonderful, and I’m also impressed that you are to the point where there is no counting, just listening to your body.

BillBE, LOL at your leftovers casserole, but curried zucchini sounds like it more than made up for it. I can relate to the Trader Joe’s incident. Interesting insight that the feeling that we’ve done something healthy is a pass to do something unhealthy, even if the two behaviors don’t balance out. That’s something to think about.

Wndranne, yay for the bike. Consistency is always tough when you lead a busy life. I’m wishing you luck in finding it! Sounds like you are off to a good start with getting back to the basics. Writing down your cravings sounds like a good strategy. I’ll have to remember that one.

CeeJay, sorry for the bad day on Friday, but good job getting back on track. It is so easy to throw in the towel after a bad day, which is odd because what is one bad day compared with the several good weeks you have had?

Beach Patrol, congrats on 5 lbs gone! I know it was frustrating when the scale seemed stuck, but all your hard work is paying off. Give yourself a big reward. You deserve it, especially for a week out sick. Good job getting back on that horse after a week off sick.
Closed Thread