Old 08-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone! I’m counting down to the day I get my kids back… part of me wants to beat my parents when they finally bring them back! They said ONE extra week, which is quickly turning into TWO! I miss them like crazy and am having a hard time thinking of anything else but them… My DH and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary this weekend…if you can call it celebrating, more like we stuffed our faces until we were sick! Anyway, our dinner conversation consisted of laughing and reminiscing about all the fun times we have with our kids, we both miss them terribly.

Other than the pig out that we had Saturday night, I haven’t been that bad food wise… basically stopped cooking all together when the kids left and have only been eating very small dinner portions of sandwiches or protein shakes or salad. I’ve been very active, which has helped me assure myself that I really DO love to be active and that it really is all the running around that I have to do with kids that keeps me from being more active. Which only motivates me more to fit the activities into our lives. A lot of the things I’ve been doing could easily be done with the kids as well – like walking the dog through our neighborhood, riding bikes at the park, even exercise videos. I really hope I can keep it all up when the kids start school and sports.

Glad to see everyone is so motivated! Keep it up!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #17  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

nicole, that's awesome and totally made my day! tell your DD, thanks! and thanks for telling her that i'm much nicer. i seriously still want to get that "i'm a bully" shirt.
and i'm so proud of you for doing the Shred and for fighting your inner fat girl! hellyeah! kick her *** along with JM's! think of her as your doing the shred! it helps!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Nicole- I am proud of you for doing day one, you will be sore but it does go away I promise. I have not lost a ton of weight but I have toned up and my endurance has increased. I am not as far along as our Jillian but I am going to get to level 3 one way or another. My legs especially thighs were sore level one, but level 2 it has been the upper arms at least that is the way it is for me. I have one of Jillian Michaels other DVDs and the shred must be one of her first because she is a much bigger bully in the more recent DVD's. That was funny about your daughter and facebook.

Julie- Happy late anniversay and You kids will be home soon and soon you will forget why you missed them so much!!!

Joan- canning pickles is hard work that was really nice of you to help your mom. Good luck with the cleanse.

Dan- IT is the 30 Day Shred an exercise DVD from Jillian Michaels one of the Biggest Looser trainers. It is 3 levels of exercise that increases in intensity and you are suppose to do it for 30 days to shred the pounds. There is a beginner you can follow or more of an advanced person to follow.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #19  
WonderWoman

i'm right there with ya amy, i haven't lost much, but my endurance and stamina are definitely increasing, plus muscles are toning and i'm gonna take my measurements at the end of the 30 days to see. but either way, weight or inches loss, i'm proud of myself for getting into the habit of exercising more than just every so often..i'm making it a part of my daily life and am proud that i've made commitment and have stuck it out..even when i didn't want to get up and workout on the weekends, i did and continue to do so. my DH told me i'm more HOOAH (army term) than HOOAH! made me smile. he's pretty dang proud of me for keeping it up.
every time i get my workout done, and keep with it, i feel like my inner fat girls voice gets softer and weaker. that may sound stupid, but it makes me feel powerful knowing that i'm not quitting!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6

Can someone kick my inner fat chick? She just ate ice cream since the dentist said not to chew tonight...I could have made scrambled eggs or soup or something but noooooo...ice cream....after a weekend of camping, beer, and unfortunately some slip ups with the no smoking thing...ugh! Summer is sooo hard...but who am I kidding it's hard any time of year really.

It's been more good than bad the past few weeks though...down 4.6 lbs after 3 weeks of eating clean weekdays and bad on weekends...just gotta get those weekends somewhat under control and keep increasing the exercise.

We're also going on a financial diet...wanna buy a house but our spending is way out of control! I dunno why....I never buy new clothes, shoes, nor do we go to a lot of dinners out or movies. I guess it's just I have been paying so much down on past debts we run out of money before payday...

Anyway..sorry to be a downer with all you go getters and shredders! You guys are doing awesome!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #21  
Amy

Jillian- as a member of a Marine family, I'll send along an OOOORAHHHH to you!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #22  
WonderWoman

good morning all. day 23 of the Shred done! all 23 days in a row too! so excited about that. my arms are hurting a bit..i think i may have pulled something in my left arm, but i'm still pushing through it anyways. i REFUSE to stop and skip a day! i REFUSE to quit. NO WAY.

hope everyone has a good day.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Way to stay committed Jillian-- you are my hero!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day. it is so hot and humid here it is miserable to be outside much less exercise. I did walk yesterday evening but I am recommiting to the Shred tonight. Too hot to be outside!!! It is making me meaner or so my husband says. But I think it is the heat it makes me less patient. He also says that with every pound I loose the meaner I get. I guess my inner fat chick is the nice one. Oh well!!! I think I would rather be mean and skinny than overweight and a push over. Who knows.

Shool started off well. As you all know I have 5 kids in school. and as you can imagine they are all 5 so very different. We entered a different school system last year. They work in phases one, two and three. One advanced,two average and three below average. So it has been difficult to see the kids being placed in different groups. I have two phase ones, one phase 3 and one phase 2, and a 1st grder. So as a mom I am constantly trying to pretend for the kids that things are the same but when a 4th graders home work is harder than the 6th graders it is so difficult to explain not matter how I try. Same thing with football it is hard to accept one kid to get to play always and see the other stand on the sidelines. I guess I am not ready for them to learn how unfair life can be. They are too young for these life lessons.

There is nothing in this world harder than being a mom...
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #24  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Julie- I can so relate to you! I miss my kids so much when they are away. The funny thing is that after they are back for a day and they are fighting about something, you will think...can they go away again?????haha

Kristin- I need someone to kick my inner fat chick too!!!!! Way to go being down 4.6 lb though. I noticed that you have your Christmas goal up already. Aghhhhh I don't want summer to end.

Jillian- You have endurance girl...23 days of the shred, way to go! The name of the cleanse I am starting in 3 days is Total Cleansing. I can't wait actually.

So last night I went for a 40 minute walk and then I took my dogs to the park and ran with them for about another 20 minutes. When I got home I was so exhausted that I sat on my deck and had a glass of red wine. It really was so relaxing. My DH said we will do this together the rest of the week. I feel great today!

Okay well I gotta do some work no. Talk to you later

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #25  

Hoochie: Yep, I'm in a Christmas challenge on Wedding Bells. Plan to start dress shopping after Christmas so want to get down a couple sizes before then!

Jillian: Be careful not to hurt yourself! When I did the Active 30 day challenge my ankle was hurting for a week but I wouldn't take the time off to rest it and I ended up putting myself out for a month! But if you think it's just muscle soreness then power to ya for pushing through!

If the rain holds off tonight I am hoping to go for a nice walk tonight. I am so lucky to have discovered a new route to walk! I just cross my road, go through a path and I can walk a dirt road all along the ocean, then loop around and walk the main road back home! Takes about 45 minutes and is really quite beautiful! God I am lucky to live so close to the water. I have to remember that when I am upset about not having bought a house yet. There will be no way we can afford to buy the house we want so close to the ocean so I should enjoy the rented place while I can!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #26  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Kristin.........I didn't take the time to respond to your post yesterday......but girl......don't worry about the smoking over the weekend........you only have to look forward, not back. Don't smoke another one.......not today. Tomorrow, you can re-evaluate. You only have to make it through today.......and you CAN do that. How awesome you live by the ocean. I miss large bodies of water here in Missouri. I used to live very near Lake Michigan.......and although it is no ocean, it is still pretty magnificent. I think I will build myself a Christmas goal as well. I was thinkking about it the other day.....so what the heck

I completed day 2 of the shred.

I could barely lower myself to the floor, but I did it, and I am very proud of myself. As long as I have been on this forum, I don't think I have ever worked out two days in a row.........but today, this day, I did it

Ok, I think I am going to go jump in the pool with the kids. That is way more fun than doing laundry

Oh, and Amy M.......I think that is ridiculous about the grouping of the kids in school.........not cool at ALL!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #27  

Thanks Nicole! It's an ongoing battle! At the very least I can say I am not back where I started with the smoking thing, even after several slip ups the past few weeks...I honestly don't thinK i can ever completely quit until FH does...he still likes to have a couple a day...and he's been like that for ages! I dunno how he can do it...anyway...

Congrats on day 2 of the shred! Keep it up!

Amy...wow I can't believe they do that in the schools. Here it is soooo "everyone is equal" it's actually gone too far that way...they don't even make the kids make up work when they miss school! I'm very much afraid the kids coming out of our school system will need to be babied or will get such a shock at the real world it will cripple them.

I'm not an expert but I find what helps with my step-son (who is not the greatest student, but super smart) is just explaining that everyone has different strengths and even if he hasn't found his yet he will. I can imagine it would be super hard with siblings though...god I remember how competitive my sister always was with me...not to mention still is! (her reaction to my engagement ring was..."well it's bigger than mine, you must be happy." LOL As if that thought even crossed my mind..sheesh. Anyway, off topic rant...lol I'll be interested to hear how this new schooling system works for each of your kids.

Last edited by Kristinx; 08-11-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Hi. I am back The last few months have been downhill all the way. I am about 10 lbs away from where I was when I started LAWL 18 months ago. The kids home from school has made it impossible to go to the gym so I fill my time with eating horribly!BOO!

I placed a library hold on the 30 DAy Shred dvd. Yup, I am cheap like that for sure!
Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #29  
WonderWoman

nicole i'm so freakin' proud of you!! you're AMAZING! keep at it girl!! evert time you feel like quitting, DON'T. that's you inner fat girl trying to win. keep aat it and you will be so proud an amazed at how far you've come!
Old 08-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'9"

My DH has informed me he wants to go to the Paula Deen buffet while we are in Memphis. Really honey are you kidding me? Tonight my dad wants to take us all out for pizza buffet. I feel like everyone is trying to sabotage me. It's going to be hard enough to stay OP for vacation but man a buffet? So what do yall think I should do?
kimintexassahm is offline   Reply With Quote