Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #46  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Joan - I did the WW meetings but did not "click" with the leader. So now I have all the materials and do it online. So far I like it. If I feel like I'm backsliding I'll probably start going to the meetings again only this time I'll go to different ones to see if I can find a leader that inspires me.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #47  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

my LAWL center is still open and commericals are still on the tv for them too..i keep thinking about going back, but it's on the opposite side of the city for me and would be very inconvienent to get there. plus, the money. i don't want to pay them to weigh me and hound me about bars/supplements, ect. too stressful for me. and i usually just need them for a jumpstart...and then i'm good.
but i'm doing well so far on my own. i've lost about 30lbs since baby X was born, so that's pretty good.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #48  
Laurie

Baby X - I just love that. I also like your new pic.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #49  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!
On day 3 of eating healthy, but only day 2 being OP. Hoping to lose a bunch before the next music fest is upon me.. then I'll have to recover from a drinking marathon. Playing tennis almost every day, which I suck at - but hey, embrace your suckiness and acknowledge it's exercise, right?
Have a great day everyone!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #50  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquita623 View Post
Baby X - I just love that. I also like your new pic.
haha! thanks!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #51  
Katie

Height: 5'1

That is right Wendy, embrace your suckiness, LOL!

Barbara- Glad that your hypnosis was good. I do past life regressions on clients in our clinic, and the process is very similar to hypnosis. Most of them say that they felt like they could get up and move at anytime, but did not really want to.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #52  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Went bathing suit shopping last night. It sucked!!!!
Maybe I can sweat off all my calories in Vegas!!!! haha
I am going to drink like 12 glasses of water today................try and lose my bloatingness...

Wow Jillian- 30 pounds since you had the baby is amazing. Way to go!

WW sounds good yet I know I can do it if I just follow the LAWL plan. I have a hard time not being accountable to someone which is why WW sounds like a good way to go.
Today I would just like to throw my scale out....haha
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #53  
WonderWoman

joan, try to add some lemon to your water. it will help with the bloat. maybe even eat some watermelon, since it's full of water too! help flush you out! and i hear asparagus is good for flushing you out too.

i've been pretty productive today. got a workout and shower in, dishes done, laundry going, and the house picked up for the most part.
and i just made some cinnamon apples with fiber one on top.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Starting in August I no longer have a commitment with LAWL. So i will be on my own. I use the Dailyplate.com as my accountability. It track my calories, weightloss and exercise all for free. It has most foods in a data base and that helps track calories. It can hold you somewhat accountable if you enter your foods daily and weigh yourself to keep track of your weight loss. I am they type of person who does well with visual data and seeing charts/graphs and percentages motivates me somewhat.

What I have found with the new LAWL program is it divides your meals into specific calorie combinations. What I think helped me the most with LA is learning what my body can and can not handle and learning the proper portion control. if I continue with that it should help me continue to loose. The counselor I worked with the most has left LA and I feel that I actually know more than the new workers so my emotional attachment has already been broken. I just hope I am dedicated enough to continue. on my own

WW is a great program and I know people have lost a lot using the program but for me I did not loose. the nutritional information is what I lacked with WW so with what I know now it might be more effective. I thought with WW as long as I stayed under my point s I would loose..I see that I just made bad food choices and did not loose because of that.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Hi all, tonight is the weight loss hypnotist workshop. It is 3 hours, and I'm looking forward to it. I do think part of it is just opening up your mind to the possibilities that you can be a different person. So often we fill our minds with all sorts of negative thoughts. I do know that in our society it is very hard for a woman to feel secure about her body, no matter what her weight is. So I do think I need to reprogram my mind somewhat into thinking about what I can do instead of what I can't. Ultimately we should all be accountable to ourselves. Since the main one cheated when we cheat is ourselves.

Jillian, 30 pounds since the baby was born is wonderful.

Joan, Swim suit shopping is one of those things that can bring a person way low, but don't dispair. Green tea is good for debloating too. I buy unsweetened green iced tea at starbucks, and it always leaves me feeling fresh and cleansed... I get the vente (just about every afternoon too).

Amy, you are getting so close to the under 200 mark! I felt that the first 3-4 months on LAWL and going into the center all the time were life changing, and after that, not so much. Some of the counselors were wonderful, encouraging, educational and supportive. And some just seemed to like to lecture people that they are obviously not following plan.... which if you had is really something to tick a person off. One gal claimed that I hadn't lost any weight because I once had had a whole pear and counted it as 1 fruit when it should have been 2... OK... but that means you don't lose a single ounce for a whole week due to one extra half a pear? I don't think so... I don't know why she just could not say, well you seem to be stuck on a plateau here for a bit.. which was the truth instead of searching for something I did that was bad... I mean I was truly trying to follow that plan 100% and just hadn't noticed that pears were 1/2 of a fruit for a serving... Sorry it has been 2 years at least and I'm still mad at her for being such a witch with a b about it.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #56  
Laurie

Barbara - the hypnotist sounds very interesting. I know I am guilty of feeling insecure about myself in so many ways. I am intrigued about how the mind works and how we can "adjust" our thinking through things like hypnotism.

Joan - I hate, hate, hate swimsuit shopping. I needed one before we went on vacation in May and didn't buy one until the day before we left. I put it off as long as I could!!

Not much new on this end of things. Going to DBF's moms tonight to help her move a sofa and chair to the basement. Thinking I'll get a little workout with that. Then probably out for dinner. Who knows where though.

Better go. I hear my name being called by one of the bosses (I have 4 and they are all male and can't find a thing in their offices!!) Be back later.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Hi gals and Dan,

Just checking in. I read your posts every morning.

Saturday is moving day for me.
My mom and I have done a lot of work over at my townhouse. The entire downstairs has a fresh coat of beautiful paint, new curtains courtesy of my mom and her awesome sewing abilities.
Ex-BF said I could leave things behind if I needed to, like two huge pots full of dirt that I planted tomatoes in last year. They are under the deck in the back yard. I just don't know if I'll have room to store those in my garage. My townhouse isn't big, so space and storing things can become an issue.

It's been a very difficult week for me, with more to come.

I have not been eating much at all. I can eat a little for breakfast and that's what I've been going on. When I did try to eat some dry cereal for lunch, I got sick. So no eating has been my weight loss plan the past two weeks. Not healthy I know, but when nothing sounds good - it is what it is. But my pants fit again and are even a little loose.

Back to work as best I can.
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Angie- Sorry things are so rough, but it sounds like they will get better. I would take everything you have so there is not linger thoughts of going back. Make room or get rid of it but leaving something behind is an inviation for contact. Starting over is hard, but you are worth it, there is someone out there for you and until then take care of you.

BarbarB- I know what you mean about LA it seems like it can be a blame game sometimes. I appreciate all their help but since they know I have 3 more weeks its like they have totally written me off but that is ok with me. My mom stopped going about 3 weeks ago because she is a creature of habit and does not like the new additions to staff, she says it is hard to take weightloss advice from a skinny 19 year old. The 19 year old did do LA but she had to loose like 14 pounds or something like that and it is hard for her to relate to people who need to loose 50+ pounds.

Laurie- sometimes I feel everyone in this place thinks they are my boss, so having 4 actual bosses must me draining

Joan- I feel for you about swim suits I should not even have one as I wear a cover up 99% of the time.

Jillian- good job on keeping motivated today!!

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #59  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Barbara- Oh yes to Starbucks. They are right next door to my office. I am there too frequently. An iced green tea sounds good.
Laurie- I am in the opposite situation. I am the boss and because I am going away next week, my staff has been bombarding me with questions all day...
They won't miss me when I am gone though...lol
Angie- Enjoy your renovated townhouse. Its like a new start...
Amy- Yes, now I need a cover up to put over my swimsuit. Actually, I always wear those tankini swimsuits but yesterday I went for the one piece, oh and it's black too because it makes me feel skinnier. Actually I don't even want to put it on.
I am starting my cleanse next week. I think it will definitely make me feel better.

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #60  
Laurie

Joan - What kind of cleanse are you doing? And have a good time on vacation in Vegas. I've never been but hear it's something to see.