Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 276/see ticker

Height: 5'4

Today was a pretty good day overall. I'm down that 1 pound of water weight plus a bit more. Credit me.

I didn't get to mow my folks lawn or ride my new bike after work today as it was raining.

Not much else going on here. Everything is good. I'm just a bit tired. I think that is due to getting used to working the long hours. I hope in time that goes away.

Oh, I did do quite well this morning. We had a brunch for my father and I followed my plan and stayed on track. I noticed, but did not comment, on just how much everyone else ate. I'd say 4 to 5 times the amount I did. The funny thing is, I was full and even a touch too full with my small amount of food. I love that! It was a large breakfast for me, I'd say 500 calories, but I used my breakfast calories and a few of my lunch calories, so it worked out. Credit me for sticking to my plan. You know what they say, fail to plan and plan to fail.

I have several social events this week, lunch out, dinner out, and maybe another evening out. I will have to plan very well to keep the scale moving downward.

RobinW - Hey that's great progress, not wanting sweets in the morning. Credit. I know how it feels not to sleep. I've always had problems as well. I find that if I take the same thing to sleep night after night after about 3 nights it doesn't work, so I tend to mix it up. It's been working lately.

Tera - I hope your mother is doing well. I would imagine that being at home makes her a bit more comfortable. It's truly amazing how quickly she came home after such a major operation.

Moving is always a huge pain. The only reward is how nice a new place looks / feels once all the boxes are empty and it becomes home. Do take some time to enjoy.

Onebyone - I hope the graduation goes well. I'm sure you'll be happy when it is all over. Take some time to catch your breath. It also looks like your plan is going well. Credit for finding something that works for you.

Anne - Hope you enjoyed your ride today. I can't wait to start riding my bike. I did sit on it for a minute yesterday to check the seat height and such. My backside started to hurt immediately. Yikes. I always hate the first week or so when I haven't been riding for awhile. After that, the pain seems to go away. I guess, that's the price to be paid for not riding!

ChinaMaine - You must have quite the gardens. I love flowers, not so much into the veggies, but I don't ever seem to get them in. Too much work, I suppose, and I'm too lazy.

Hope everyone had a good day.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down Sunday

I slept over 10 hours last night. DH and I had a few more plants to put in the ground today. Before we headed out to do it, I got very tired and said I’d take a quick power nap. 3 hours later DH woke me up to let me know we could eat dinner whenever I liked. So, I didn’t get any exercise in today…
WI-unchanged Read my cards, made a plan. Food – off-plan by about 150 calories. I was very hungry today, but not for any good reason I could think of. Exercise – 0 minutes. Fatigue 2.7 (1=Felt Great, 5=Extreme Fatigue).
I'm not feeling up to personals tonight. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #153  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #154  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Height: 5'7"

WI: steady
Pain: 1/3/7
Activity: 4

Credits: calorie counting , insisting on IHOP for breakfast so I could order from the light menu (as opposed to local greasy diner that probably didn't even have a light menu) , not finishing pancakes , ignoring donuts that have been in fridge since yesterday morning , resisting samples at Costco (except quarter cup of green tea) , getting most of the kitchen and bedroom unpacked .

There is still so much work to do here. The living room is the worst of it, containing everything that will eventually be packed away in the utility room. But B and I already love the place. We keep discovering ways that the new place makes us feel more comfortable... the extra 12 inches from one side of the kitchen to the other, the wide hallway to the bedroom, the extra shelves in the bathroom. Scampers Underfoot finally has a place where he can again live up to his name. (For two years, he's just been Underfoot without the Scampers.)

I think I have a real strategy for dealing with the hip pain. Knowing how much Aleve I can safely take, and how it affects my pain levels... well, if you notice my pain level is much higher yesterday than the day before, and I believe that's because I took a third less naproxen. Knowing that long-term use of NSAIDs can ruin my liver (and I really don't need any help with that), I'm going to adjust my dose based on my anticipated activity level, and take only 1 at bedtime from now on (or at least until I see Dr. Rashid on the first of July).

I haven't heard from Mom over the course of the move, but I expect an update today. (Did I mention we had to take her shopping last Thursday? She insisted we take her to Avenue to get some comfy trousers and then to Jarrod's jewelers to order her Med-alert charm bracelet!)

Robin: Good luck finding that book and I hope it works for you. I can't say I've ever gone through what you're experiencing. I've had sweet cravings, but I think they were pretty much emotional. Not constant, inexplicable hunger for sweets like you described. At least you're sleeping well!

Beth: for sticking to plan during a big family brunch! You're doing so well working your plan into your busy schedule!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #155  
Lovin' Life

found the books at the library!!

Im stocked up on strawberries, and some assorted veggies that arent the same ole thing.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #156  

Talking Monday, Monday

Saw a doc today. She says having TOM 4 times in 7 weeks could be due to either menopause or thyroid. So, I had blood drawn to determine if it’s menopause or not. I hope it is; it’s been 35 years and I’m ready to be well rid of it.
WI-up .5 lbs. Read my cards, made a plan. Food – op. Well op in terms of calories. I did stop at McDonalds for a small fry on the way home from the docs. Somehow my sat fat and fiber numbers are up to snuff too. I thought for sure I was blowing the numbers out of the water with those tasty fries. Go figure.
Exercise – op. Fatigue 2.8 (1=Felt Great, 5=Extreme Fatigue).
It’s another flyby – I’ll try to catch up tomorrow. Good night all!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #157  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Smile Week 1 of 6 - day 7 fats oils sweets

Reporting in with my stats coaches before I head to bed:

today's WI: -2 (268.2 this morning)
yesterday's stats: Calories 1228
Fat (g) 19
Carbs (g) 192
Prot (g) 74
Sodium (mg) 3439

I did major walking in major heat yesterday. It was good. I'm out of shape. No surprise there. credit for the walk then and today too. Also a major amount (which gave me a major blister).

I felt awful this morning and hello TOM. Sneak attack. The mood shift should have been a clue but it wasn't. let's get the painful first day or so overwith before the grad sneak peek on Wed afternoon. credit to my bodily cycle for that one...

I have had anxiety dreams like crazy the past few nights. In my dreams all is frozen, including the sonic boom of a stealth bomber! That was last night. Holymoly can I have a more apt metaphor for being frozen, waiting for the big boom, the blast, the getting graduated already? Today we got the room ready fpor the ceremonies and our work is sitting in the gallery waiting to be put up. At least we don't do that. SO GLAD. I wish I had tomorrow off but I don't. I have to do work inthe ceramic room, making a glze for the class. But after that I can come home and flake out. Wed is busy as is Thursday. wed night I got us tickets to see a favorite singer Fred Eaglesmith. So happy to be going to see him! That was my grad present to myself.

Ok time for bed. Credit to me for getting through.

Have a good evening folks.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-22-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #158  

Coaches/Buddies Ho Hum. I did skip my run this morning, but I desperately needed the sleep. I like ho hum.

Tera Congrats on accomplishing your move! Hope your salt flushes soon. Hope your strategy for the hip pain works out.

Robin I have major sugar issues when I'm not sleeping, but otherwise not too bad. I think that definitely could be a factor for you.

Beth Hooray for the bike! Have you taken it on its maiden voyage yet? Nice job on the controlled breakfast in the face of abundance.

onebyone Life is too short not to have a brownie treat once in a while, especially if you planned it. And perhaps once in a great while, even if you didn't.

Hooray for under 270 again! I think you are doing very well.

ChinaMaine Hope today was a better day for you. Some days are hungry. Who knows why? Hope you get the results you are looking for with the menopause test.

Have a good one, Beckies.

Anne
Old 06-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #159  
stand-up philosopher

WI: -.5 new low
Pain: 0/4/8
Activity: 4

Credits: calorie counting , water , PT , books shelved , collectables and holiday decorations stored , bathroom nearly organized

There's little left that I can do. The rest is either tools or furniture, all of which B is going to have to deal with. Tonight we are scheduled to be at Carter Blood Care, but that should take an hour at the very most.

I just saw my cat zip past me. It's so nice to see him running again!

I haven't said it in a while, and I think it's time to announce that I will be so on plan today!

Robin!

ChinaMaine: I'm glad you got into the doctor's office and that it's menopause.

onebyone: for staying on plan and for all that :walk:! Hang in there. Graduation's right around the corner; you're almost through it.

Anne: I hope you're having a well-rested day!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default ho hum, indeed

We are not as lively a group without BillBE, are we? Heaven only knows what adventures he is having!

Still, everyone is moving along, solving problems, making discoveries.

Still too bummed out to be wanting to eat. Milking that for all it is worth. The word I think is melancholy. There is a nagging sadness behind all that I do, but that in turn makes the bright spots brighter, and the regular joys, treats of summer all the sweeter. I know that last summer I was so caught up in my workload, so determined to get a lot of new gardens in place and planted, and so taking for granted the most important parts of my life because they were all there, summer whizzed by without my savoring each day. I have been determined not to let that happen this summer.

Got so hot mowing and weeding last night, I almost took a dip. Almost. Talked to a neighbor from a nearby lake yesterday and she said the water temp. is 67 degrees. If her shallower lake is only 67 degrees, I'll be the water here is only 60. Haven't dipped a toe in yet.

Enjoy your day, all.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #161  

Default Personals

Anne Kudos for the ho hum and glad you were able to catch up on sleep.

Tera I’m glad your move is going so well. for the New Low! It’s neat that the chain diners have healthy options now. I had a great breakfast at Jimmy Dean’s when I visited my son’s. I have found you can ask at most diner’s to cook your breakfast ‘dry’ (no added oil, non-stick spray only). I do this at a diner we go to in South Dakota, and it works quite well. You might try it if you get stuck at a ‘regular’ diner sometime.

Robin Ouch for the ambulance bill! But I’m glad you found the books at the library.

Beth Kudos for getting a new bike. Hope you make it out for a ride soon! Credit for flexibly adjusting your plan to allow you to enjoy the brunch. And extra credit for staying op when you are tired!

one by one the brownie sounds so yummy! Credit for all the walking, and keeping track of your daily stats. Yikes for the dream! Hope you dream of floating in sunny Caribbean surf tonight!

maryblu for feeling melancholy. But credit for making the effort to be in the moment and savoring every day.

I'll be back with a report later tonight!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #162  
stand-up philosopher

Default Wwbd?

I made my first ever batch of home-made granola... and exchanged the powdered milk in the recipe for whey protein.

Maryblu: sending for consistently warm weather to heat up your lake!

Last edited by twilit tera; 06-24-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #163  

Cool Tuesday

Had a good day. I had no fatigue and worked a full day with some spunk to spare!
WI-down .5 lbs. Read my cards, made a plan. Food – op. Exercise – op. Fatigue 1.2 (1=Felt Great, 5=Extreme Fatigue).
Old 06-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #164  

Coaches/Buddies I upped my calorie target by a couple hundred (to 2000) recently with all the exercise I'm doing. Feels like a lot. Food was mostly on plan today. I ate a small cookie at work, but I was legitimately hungry. Not an emergency, I know.

I ran this morning. It was hot by the time I was done. 4.5 miles total, but the last mile was tough with a couple walk breaks. Oh well.

Tomorrow is mountain biking in the am, and an aquathlon race in the evening. Thursday is a rest day!!

Tera on that new low. Glad your cat is settled in. Hoping B gets the rest of your stuff together. LOL on the wwbd granola! Is it yummy?

maryblu I miss BillBE too! Hope he's having fun. Glad you are enjoying your brights spots and wishing you more of them. Dip a toe in that chilly water next time!

ChinaMaine Hurray for spunk!!

to onebyone, Beth and everyone else!

Anne
Old 06-24-2009, 07:46 AM   #165  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Im getting there!!!! No unplanned food except for a banana yesterday

Even went to workout with pt. The bad news about that...she's about as over worked as I am and plans to take a few weeks off. She's also letting some of her clients go. Im happy for her tho, she really needs to back off a bit. After talking to her about the hours she is putting in....she isnt leaving any time for herself. None!!

Things are crazy busy at the shop, gus macker tees for this weekend, and a cancer run this weekend as well has us hopping.

Has anyone here tried potaotes not prozac? I had tried it 10yrs ago when it first came out....but Im not sure how it went Im going to see if this will help with the sugar issues. The program was first put together for alcoholics, and Ive always thought sugar addiction and alcohol addiction were linked. As far as this author thinks...it is. It would be wonderful if this was the "answer" and stopped the crazy crap in my head.

When I get like this...my excess weight is the 2nd issue, the first right now is getting the "control" back. Control for me, is getting the sugar crazies in line.

Im off.....doing pretty good today so far!! Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread