Old 05-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #16  
Amy

Hey guys!

I am in!

I will get back to you on my goals. I am going to go sit outside in the beautiful sunshine and think of my 5 goals! Thanks Amy!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #17  
Amy

Ok, here goes...

1.) Lose 10 lbs. This is DEFINITELY doable!

2.) Walk at least 3 times a week.

3.) Get 100% unpacked and moved in.

4.) Drink at least 72oz. of water a day.

5.) Keep up with my daily devotions.
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Amy- you goals are great I love your new avatar. How are you liking Virgina? I am sure once you are back from your trip and get your home ready you will feel better and when school starts and you get in a routine you will definately not have time to be even a tad depressed. I also think the tennis class is a great idea and you will get so much exercise.

Kelly- I would go with the pita with chicken salad and low fat mayo I find that the frozen meals are so high in sodium that they make me retain a lot of water and do not really satisfy my hunger. Kickball sounds great. what a fun way to get exercise.

Kennedy- Hey we all need anger management from time to time. I think you setting a goal of leaving work by 4:30 would probably help with your stress level and that would help with the anger management all by itself??

Cecilia- now that it is summer i am sure you can do all kinds of fun things with your son.

Hope everyone is having a great day!! 2 more days until a 3 day weekend..
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #19  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I messed up or actually fell of the wagon on my last day of take off as the oranges I do not care for, and I was eating nuts and felt like I failed once I found out they are no good!!!
SO I am wanting to do take off tomorrow and friday is anyone up or able to do this with me? Kenneedy you on board this time?

I am looking for other options other than juice, please does anyone know the options available for take off??
I have yet to incorporate my la lites that I have, I am not sure if I should just start taking them or if I need to wait until after take off?
KityCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #20  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

My daughter had track and field day yesterday with her homeschool group.We had a blast.Walked around the park and helped the teachers chase there little ones so I figure I got some good exercise and sunshine.Also screen printed about 40 vests which is a great workout for my arms.I have been doing really well staying OP.I haven't lost any weight but my clothes feel looser so that is good.Hope everyone has a great day.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KityCat View Post
I am looking for other options other than juice, please does anyone know the options available for take off??
I have yet to incorporate my la lites that I have, I am not sure if I should just start taking them or if I need to wait until after take off?
My hubby and I just used cantaloupe in place of the juice. I don't believe the bars are used on take off, or at least they weren't on the list that we had received from our center.
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #22  

The new take off is of course the take of juice. only 6oz of protein and unlimited green veggies and 2 lites.

Kelly- I will be doing take off Tuesday and Wednesday 5-26 &5-27. I do the new version eat 2 oz of protein at b,l,d and eat veggies all day with the lites as snacks.

Lori- sounds like you did get some great exercise and it is showing. I tend to loose more inches than weight when I exercise and to me it is more about looking and feeling better not as much about the number on the scale. Because eventually that will go down too..

Suzanne- Do you think the canteloupe works as well as the juice?

I am so glad it is Thursday only thing better would be Friday! I am so looking forward to this weekend and catching up on some sleep and housework. I know that sounds boring but to me it sounds like heaven. I have been getting my exercise in and staying on plan so I am happy about that. I told the kids they had to help me get the clothes they cant wear anymore out of their closets. So I hope to work on that this weekend too. Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #23  
Kelly

Amy: I will do the take off with you. I was thinking it has been two weeks, but next week it will be. I would rather wait until next week as I am going out of town this wknd, visisting my dad's side of the family and we haven't seen them since February so I am excited. I will probably do the oranges to see how that works, I was trying to save money and not buy the juice and the cantalope deff. will not work I can manage the oranges better, which is still hard for me. last night at work I only had 1/2 my diet coke that I allowed myself and I got in my work out (jillian) along with all water. The journaling is going ok for me, need to get small spiral noteook or something, I don't have lawl book they closed here!
Gardening and cleaning out house for garage sale will be next week once I am back in town.

How's is eveyone else doing with their goals??
Seems like ppl are really busy and not on here as much, I usually have time during the work week, weekends are hard, lately my internet at home has a mind of it's own and I hate it!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:12 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
Suzanne- Do you think the canteloupe works as well as the juice?
I think so. After three days back on plan (2 of those days I did take take off using the canteloupe) I'd lost 4.8 pounds. That's about the same as I did when I started LAWL the first time and used the take off juice for the first 2 days. A bonus for me is that the canteloupe tastes so much better -- I really didn't like the taste of the take off juice, and another bonus is that it costs so much less.

Take off is really just a couple days on a low carb, high protein plan to jump start your weight loss. It breaks your sugar and carb cravings. Canteloupes have a low carb count (low enough that you can eat it on Induction when doing Atkins).
Old 05-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #25  

Suzanne- thank you for the information about canteloupe as a substitute. I will use that next time. I have one more bottle of takeoff and I will use that this week. I do not care for the taste either, I think I would also do better having something sweet to eat.

Kelly- I hope you have a good trip and have a good time with your family. Great job with limiting your diet coke and getting all your water in. some days I feel like I might just float because I have drank so much water. Also I think using a small note book as a food journal is a great idea.

I am very glad it is Friday. We get to wear jeans on Fridays so last week I noticed the jeans i had been wearing were getting loose!! So last night I went to my closet and found some jeans I have not worn since Winter 2007 they fit!! I am so excited. The waist is a little snug but oh well!! I am sure it will loosen thoughout the day!! Anyway this is just the motivation that I need to continue on plan thoughout this weekend. Hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday and a great Memorial Day weekend!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #26  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
I am very glad it is Friday. We get to wear jeans on Fridays so last week I noticed the jeans i had been wearing were getting loose!! So last night I went to my closet and found some jeans I have not worn since Winter 2007 they fit!! I am so excited. The waist is a little snug but oh well!! I am sure it will loosen thoughout the day!! Anyway this is just the motivation that I need to continue on plan thoughout this weekend. Hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday and a great Memorial Day weekend!!!!!!
Congrats on the jeans.That is always a great feeling.Hope everyone is meeting there goals.I will be cleaning out my closet this weekend.Also planting my garden and putting in some more herbs.Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #27  
Kelly

WOW!! Congrats On the jeans Amy!! I love that feeling there is no better feeling while loosing weight! What an accompllishment! WOO HOO!!!!

I will be doing take off next week on tuesday and wednesday with the oranges this time. I am not fond of cantalope and the juice costs more I will really do it and stick to plan as much as possible this wknd!! I just know we are going out on Saturday so I will have to keep the drinks lite and as fw as possible!!

Have a great wknd everyone! I will not be able to check in again until Tuesday, but you are all in my thoughts
Old 05-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Talking Hello Ladies!!!

I know I am tardy as ususal. But I see you guys are doing fabulous

It seems that many of us have that one common goal of besides losing weight to clean out that closet. I have a closet that is filled with clothes (skinny clothes I call them) every year I keep them, thinking I am going to use them some day. I was thinking since they are office clothes, you know blazers and skirts (e.g. suits) that they are pretty much oldie but goodies I have been holding on to them. As I am typing I am realizing that some of these clothes are probably over 12 years old (please don't laugh). Why am I holding on to them? Also I am realizing that I only know what is in part of my closet and in fact the whole closet in mine I just realized that my husband has his clothes hanging in the closet in our spare bedroom. Okay now that sounds whacky just me typing this. I guess at one time (back in my thinner days) I was a shopaholic.

Also let me tell you guys that I played hookie yesterday and went shopping with MOM. We went to Kohls because I need an outfit for a wedding I will be going to on Sunday. I will only be going to the wedding ceremony and not the reception anyway. My MOM found a really nice black dress that was previously $90.00 but was on sale for $30.00 and it happened to be my size. I belive that if I would have went in there previious to losing weight I would have come out in tears. So I am pretty happy about it. I am still deciding if I should wear this black dress or should I just were some dressy capries, colorful shirt and open toe strappy pumps. Because as I mentioed before I am only going for ceremony.

So let me take a poll with everyone should I keep the clothes that have been sitting in my closet for over ten years or donate them?
Please help me make a decision

Well I had my last weighin this past Thursday for Summer Slim Down #1 and I was 6 pounds short of my 20 pound weightloss goal. Even though I didn't meet either of the two challenges I previously had. I must say I learned a lot about myself and made wonderful friends along they way. Thank you ladies even though all conversations are through typing I appreciate each and every one of you.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Luckybustert: Good for you on your degree and with HONORS - woohoo. I know it must have took lots of commitment and self-discipline on your part. You go girl, WOW that is a nice drop on Take Off. Tell me what your eating was like, what food choices did you use for such a dramatic weightloss.

Mommyofsix: I want one of those walking pedometers but everytime I see them I talk myself out of buying it. That's is a very bad habit of mine. Good for you on increasing your execise. I also hear you about the upper arms. My arms are in such bad shape I would be suprised if they went back looking normal. I have some cords (training bands) I would like to start using again. I just need to find the papers that came with it so I know which excercises to do. I understand the whole concept of cleaning the house. When the house is clean and in order my overall mood is great. So great that everything else that's going on seems to fall in place. However, that's only me. Also, it puts everyone else in the house in a calm mood. Good for you on those jeans...I have these jeans in my drawer that I am dying to fit into.

KityKat: That is so nice that you are visiting your dad. That was one of my goals for this challenge to spend some more time with MOM. She spends lots of time watching TV and doesn't go anywhere and I worry about her. She spent many years taking care of my brother who had severe cerebral palsy and next month will be a whole year since he passed he was 40. Most of her time was spent making sure he was comfortable and had everything he needed and wanted so now we need to think of ways for her to spend her time doing other things. It's quite a challenge because for years she has built a wall around herself. But I am truly going to get her out there this summer and to enjoy everything and anything.

As far as your food journaling goes I am going to forward over to you what I use as far as Journaling my food intake.

As far as Lean Cuisines go I try to only use 1 per week due to the high sodium content. I try to choose the Lean Cuisines that are less than 200 calories and there are many to choose from. I stay away from the Flatbreads and the other stuff that fall into the 300 + calorie range. But of course this is just my preference. With my Lean Cuisine entree I usually have a salad with it and some cut up fruit and lots of water or sometimes I have hot green tea. Just remember that these meals are considered 1 protein and one starch regardless what it has in it.

Also sorry for not coming in and reading the posting like I promised myself I would because you asked me to to Take Off with you on Thursday and Friday. But I will do it with you this Tuesday and Wednesday As far as replacements for the TO Juice, oranges and cateloupe I don't know of any. My question would be what do they all have in common that they say you can use either one? Is it Vitamin C? Are they considered part of that "SuperFood" concept? If it's Vitamin C kiwi I think has more Vitamin C than an oranage. I am currently following the Purple Plan with Adkins Protein Bars which are great.

JerseyMadChen: I am in with you for the 10 pound weight loss. That would put me in what Amy calls Onederland. I am so excited and I can not weight.

Clanori: Yes it sounds like what you did on that one day might be equivalent to a weeks worth of excercise WOW! Also, it seems as if you enjoyed the whole thing. Congratulations with staying OP and for your close feeling loser. I like that feeling. I bought a pair of pants in a smaller size. I can put them on but I can not zip them. So I am eager to see when I can start using them comfortably.

Hey Cecil ... How are you?

Last edited by kennedy5672; 05-23-2009 at 12:55 PM.
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Measuring Fruit Question

I forgot to mention. I must honestly admit the reason why I never ventured out to eat fruit like cantelope, watermelon, grapefruit, honeydew etc... is because I do not know how to accurately measure it using a cup.

Can someone help me?
Should I cut them in fine pieces and put them in a measuring cup.
Does anyone know in terms of ounces how many ouces of cantelope is equivalent to one cup. It can't be 8 oz. right?

Thanks for your help Ladies

Last edited by kennedy5672; 05-23-2009 at 12:49 PM.
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #30  

Quote:
I am very glad it is Friday. We get to wear jeans on Fridays so last week I noticed the jeans i had been wearing were getting loose!! So last night I went to my closet and found some jeans I have not worn since Winter 2007 they fit!! I am so excited. The waist is a little snug but oh well!! I am sure it will loosen thoughout the day!! Anyway this is just the motivation that I need to continue on plan thoughout this weekend.

What a great feeling that must have been!!