3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Summer Slim Down #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/171965-summer-slim-down-2-a.html)

sweetandspicy 05-18-2009 08:17 AM

Summer Slim Down #2

Summer Slim Down #2

Starting from Monday May18th – Thursday June 18th

A 4 week challenge: to challenge ourselves to lose weight and feel great

A goal of creating a slimmer you, whether with weight loss, budget cuts, eliminating your house of clutter or whatever you need to accomplish to feel better about yourself.

Lets set 5 personal goals to change your life in a positive way

We will use this thread to support and inspire each other on our weight loss goals as well as lifestyle changes.

sweetandspicy 05-18-2009 08:23 AM

I have finally realized that I am not just trying to lose weight I am trying to change my life for the better. Of course I want to be thin, that will always be in my mind, but I also need to lose weight for my health. I do not have any health problems yet, but I am sure in the future with all this extra weight I could easily develop them. so with my new life style I am also trying to "Slim down" the other areas of my life. Below are a few things I would like to do:

My personal goals:

1.Loose as much weight as possible for the next four weeks

2. Stay on plan- drink at least 64oz of water a day and no more Diet Mt. Dew

3. Exercise 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time

4. Clean out Closets – to reduce clutter, create space and have a yard sale

5. Figure out how to slim down my budget - save some $$$$

JLem311 05-18-2009 09:50 AM

good thread amy! :) i'll be thinking about this and post back later!

cecil 05-18-2009 10:36 AM

I am in!

5 goals

1) Lose at least 10 lbs by June 18th.

2) Get a handle on my anxiety and realize I can do this!

3) Continue my workout routine and try to add some strength training.

4) Clean Closets and get rid of things that are not being used. (Good one Amy)

5) Spend as much time with my son as possible!!!!!!!!!! This should actually be number 1.

Clanori 05-18-2009 11:24 AM

This sounds like a great idea.I am in.

1.Lose at least 10 pounds.
2.Start exercising and doing my Yoga 3-5 times a week.Go for walks when my daughter asks.
3.Start visiting the farmers markets so I have no excuses not to have fresh veggies and fruit at a fair price.
4.Clean out my closet.Finally get rid of my clothes that are to big so I have no excuses to gain back my weight.
5.Avoid the wonderful desserts my daughter makes.Not feel bad when I have to tell her I will not have any.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...fHS/weight.png

JLem311 05-18-2009 02:20 PM

1. start journaling again
2. make sure to drink at least 80oz of water each day.
3. start exercising again.
4. workout at least 3x's each week.
5. put up a WL ticker again..by June 11th (six weeks post-partum)

Luckybustert 05-18-2009 11:52 PM

Count me in!

1. To stay on plan (Red w/lites).
2. To exercise at least 3x a week for 45 minutes.
3. To finish that huge honkin' application to consolidate my student loans (finally got my degree in January 2009...woohoo!)
4. To declutter/organize my kitchen.
5. To drink 156 oz. of water a day. (It sounds like a lot, but this is the amount that makes me feel best.)

sweetandspicy 05-19-2009 08:38 AM

The goals everyone has set are wonderful and very attainable. I think that by adding other goals this month I will not focus so much on trying to lose weight and share some of my focus on other things. I got started on my goals yesterday. So far I have gone 10 days with no diet Mt Dew so the no caffine headaches have finally stopped which is great. I did exercise Last night but had to cut it short to about 20 minutes to help with yard work so I think I got about 30 good minutes of some kind of movement. I also started on closet #1 and took a lot of clothes and some kitchen items to a domestic violence shelter this morning. I figured if I do a little bit every night i can accomplish my goals in a month. Also carrying boxes and cleaning is suppose to be good exercise too..

Luckybustert 05-19-2009 09:18 AM

A friend told me that vitamin B-12 is helpful for getting past the caffeine headaches. I went out and got some and while I haven't fully tested her theory yet, I sure had more energy yesterday!

Stepped on the scale this morning.....237.....have 102 pounds to lose. Ugh! But like Amy says in her sig - one day at a time and one pound at a time.

KityCat 05-19-2009 03:03 PM

Count me in and I am so very excited!!

These will be my goals:

1. Drink at least 64oz water (this is tough for me to get in daily)
2. Jillian 30 day shred ( and stay committed)
3. Stay on plan (journal food daily)
4. Clean out closets,get ready to have yard sale (earn extra $ hopefully!)
5. Gardening and planting flowers :)

I am off to a great start I have already been doing the jillian 30ds, and on Sunday our adult coed kickball started which will be on sundays, that is actually a work out, but it's really fun!!
I am also drinkin gslimfast for breakfast, as I barely have time for breakfast, nor like eating that early. Hopefully this will boost my metabolism or get things going earlier for me!! :)

Good luck to everyone. Looks like some of us have similar goals other than weight loss, which is great! I enjoy chatting about other stuff along with the weight loss just gives us a little ore to discuss and chat about!! :) LOL

kennedy5672 05-19-2009 06:33 PM

Count me in too

Okay Ding...Ding...Ding... Round TWO. Hello ladies count me in for Summer Slim Down #2.

My WEIGHTLOSS goals starting from May 20th to June 18
1. Start keeping a food journal
2. Only eat frozen food entrees (Lean Cuisine) once a week only
3. Drink at last 64 oz. of water daily
4. Eat every 3 hours totaling 5 mini meals a day
5. Lose 10 pounds between 5/20 to 6/18

My PERSONAL goals starting from May 20th to June 18
1. Do Laundry every week regardless how little I have
2. Visit my mom more
3. Leave work on tim everyday at 4:30 pm

kennedy5672 05-19-2009 07:03 PM

Hello Ladies - I would love to hang out with you guys for another round

Mommyofsix: I love the whole clean the closet idea. I have all these clothes "skinny clothes" that I have had in my closet. I consider them good office clothes. Mind you some of them are about 12 years old. I am trying to figure out should I save them so I could fit in them later or get rid of them and get new stuff when I get to my goal weight. Boy am I so torn...(ha, ha, ha). You are right to about setting other goals it sure does take the mind of of the constant weight monitoring. Good for you that you got yourself to stop drinking Mountain Dew I know quite a few people who were addicted to it. But you will thank yourself later for staying away from it. I think it is so awesome that you donated a lot of your stuff to the domestic violence shelter. I am very much into helping that cause in addition to fighting teenage pregnancy which both runs in my family.

JLem311: Hey you had your baby, Congratulations. Did you do your walk yet.

Cecil: Wow I hear you about the anxiety I think I need to get a grip on myself too. My child says I have anger management issues (and boy does that make me so angry by hearing that - ha, ha, ha). But seriously that is an issue I really need to work on. I think it is something that runs in our family. Nice goals Cecil and good luck to us both on losing the 10 pounds. WE CAN DO IT :carrot:

Clanori: It feels good once you put your foot down and say NO thank you I can not eat this. I had a similar problem, I come from a family who loves to eat...and should I say eat all types of stuff..they especially love going out to restaurants. No I am looked at as a strange one because when I go to my family's house for dinner I would have my own food. I go to lunch with my girlfriends and while we are in the pizza place and they are scarfing down pizza and french fries with gravy I am pulling out my own lunch. NO MORE GIVING IN.

Luckybusert: Congratualtions on earning your degree! What do you have a degree in? I was about 237 pounds in 8/2008 and my total weightloss goal would be 117 pound weightloss. So I guess we can be buddies. If we focus and follow the plan to a T we will be there in no time.

KityKat: Kickball I want to play too! Is it too late to sign up? Maybe we should all join your team. Good Luck with your team sounds awesome.

Luckybustert 05-19-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennedy5672 (Post 2748441)
Luckybusert: Congratualtions on earning your degree! What do you have a degree in? I was about 237 pounds in 8/2008 and my total weightloss goal would be 117 pound weightloss. So I guess we can be buddies. If we focus and follow the plan to a T we will be there in no time.

Bachelor of Science in Business with majors in Accounting and in Information Systems. Graduated with honors :)

I'm aiming for a little bit less of a weight loss because I normally don't look so good under about 135 lbs. And at 135 I normally look like I weigh less than that. But we'll see, I'm getting older and that tends to change the way things are distributed. LOL

Being buddies sounds good, and yes we WILL get there!

sweetandspicy 05-20-2009 09:24 AM

I am very happy to see everyone posting and setting such positive goals. I know that with all of our determination and support we will all be able to reach our goals.

I walked last night and did some arm weight exercises. I bought one of those things (can't remember the name) that counts steps, distance and calories. I walked as long and as fast as I could and was quite disapointed at the estimated calories burnt. I know it is an estimate but I was sure hoping for more. Anyway it was some kind of exercise and I got my heart rate up fo awhile. On the opposite I doubled up my weight on my arms and did really well with my strength training. I really want my arms to slim down. But as in the past they are usually the last to loose. Oh well. I also went on line and researched some of the new tax credits and stimulus offers to see if any of it applied to our mortgage in an effort to save some $$.

Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday!!!

KityCat 05-20-2009 11:36 AM

Hi Girlies :)
Happy Wednesday. I am doing great with my water, Still working on journaling, I forgot to bring it with me today, I am going to write on paper and put in journal tonight after work. I also am trying to eliminate pop, I am only allowing myself to have it the late night I work, Mon/Wed/Fri. This should help me a little to cut down. Then I will have more time for water!! LOL

I will not be able to start planting until next weekend, we are going out of town this weekend, to my dad's house we haven't seen him since February. So it's time to visit!!

Kennedy: Kickball is fun, I wish you could all join!! We won one game and lost the other. Good start we have never palyed since school it's fun, alot of our friends that we say "we have kickball on Sunday" they all thought it was for my kids!! then I tell them no it's for adults!! LOL It's something that is getting more popular around here, and it's fun!!:)

Amy: That's great that you are doing well in strength training, you go girl!! So any luck with some tax breaks for the upcoming year?? :)

** I am trying to figure out if there is a better frozen meal than others?? I would like to start planning to bring a luch but I know they are high in sodium, any ideas for a hot meal for lunch. Or something good!?!?
Here are my ideas, if possible can someone let me know if they are good ideas for plan?
turkey cheese dogs
lean cuisine frozen meal ( I really like the french bread or pizza ones)
pitas? with chicken salad (wheat with lite mayo)?

**************Thanks so much for all your help!! :)****************