Old 04-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Kim- good luck on getting the water in- I know all about forgetting to drink- somedays I am on track others who knows what I was thinking.

Barbarab- thank you for the advice. I decided to do weights-cardio to see if that will help with the weight loss. I have been doing some research and you are exactly right about building up muscle to burn more calories. My new goal is to do cardio int he morning and weights at night.

Kimberly- i would just drink extra water to try and cancel out some of the sodium..
Amy- i will try the cookies. thank you for the information

Alannah- very nice to meet you

Hope everyone else survived Monday!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #17  

Height: 5'6

Morning all! So I need to get back on plam after roughly a month of struggling to stay on track and then vacation. Should I do the fast forward again or should I just jump back onto my plan and see how that goes?
Ugh, it'll be so embarassing to post my start weight this time I am sure. I wouldn't be surprised if I've gained back the 10 pounds...blah!
Oh well..can't focus on the past and what I should have done right? Can only move forward
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #18  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone.

Hi Alannah!!!

Kristen- Onward and upward!

Kim- We are finally warm this week. I am so ready for it!

Barbara- That was a really nice affirmation that you gave Amy. I think I will start a "Positive Affirmations" thread for everyone to post on.

I got to plant some cool weather crops in my garden yesterday. I am so excited! Between watching all of the starts in my house growing like crazy to watching my chicks grow like crazy, I am feeling very positive about new growth and spring.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #19  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone..i'm feeling quite horrible today. i got sick a few hours ago and am just so exhausted that i keep falling asleep on the couch while DS plays. he keeps coming up to me and i catch him staring at me with his face like 2 inches from mine. oops. so now i'm up off the couch, trying to keep myself awake. and drinking a diet coke to help calm my tummy.
the best part about this weeks so far is that former DH did all the household "chores" i normally do at his house on monday this past weekend, so i didn't have to do anything yesterday, or today pretty much. i may need to throw some dishes in the dishwasher later, but that's it. it was so nice of him! and it was nice to just lounge with jag and not worry about laundry, dishes or anything all day!

we're pretty much ready for the baby. i didn't have a shower with this baby or with DS either..so we had to buy everything ourselves (bummer!) but we've got almost everything except for a few things..like a diaper pail and bibs (my kids spit up alot and were droolers!) so other than washing the bottles and maybe getting another can of formula, we're set. i do need to finish packing my bag for the hosptial, but alot of the stuff that needs to go in is stuff i use on a daily basis, so i can't pack it until last minute. and former DH is gonna show DH how to install the car seat this weekend.
so now i'm just waiting...for the baby to decide to show up! we have tickets to take the kids to the circus on the 24th, so i'm thinking that since we have plans..that's when she'll come! ha. we'll see.

anyways..gotta get DS to the potty. be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #20  
Katie

Oh Jillian, I hope that your day gets better!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #21  
WonderWoman

thanks katie!

i think the positive affirmations thread sounds wonderful!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie, I love to watch things grow in the spring. Hope all your chicks are doing well. The deer once again have eaten my tulips. I have given up my garden, as it just seems like I'm offering those deer a banquet. There are basically 3 deer that live in the neighbor's backyard and come to ours for dining purposes.

Jillian, You sound pretty ready for the baby. I'm thinking that the labor might be a lot easier because you are so much lighter than with your previous pregnancies. I guess they keep you longer in the hospital these days than they did when my DD was born, as back then you really didn't need to worry about packing much as you were in and out quickly if you had a regular delivery. I hope your day is getting better. Sorry about your getting sick, I got a really bad stomach virus when I was about 7 months pregnant and that was a terrible thing. Maybe some gingerale? Sometimes that can be really soothing.

Amy, I was thinking about exercise and why it helps so much. I think it is more than just the muscle that you gain burning calories. I think it somehow helps with the biological processes that regulate your appetite. I think for me, the ability to stop eating gets better when I get regular exercise.

Kristin, Welcome back! Your choice on whether or not you feel like doing a fast forward again. Sometimes it is helpful if you ate a ton of starches to get yourself back under control again. At least for me that's the case.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #23  

BarbaraB- you are right about that. I was reading an article at lunch today about how hormones affect your ability to loose/gain weight. It said to concentrate on your calories in versus calories out. That as long as you exercise with a healthy diet the weight will strat coming off.

I have never been much on how much I weigh as I am tall and seem to carry weight better than some. It is more to me about wearing a smaller size. Seeing the physical results. I will probably always have big arms and big thighs but you can always hide those. It is always going to be a daily struggle for me to loose the weight and keep it off, but it is something I am commited too and appreciate everyones support.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #24  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey, who was that, last year, that had a wounded deer sleeping on their couch?????
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/165/120

Height: 5'6

Good morning ! I read the posts every morning but for some reason rarely post. But I found a cool little gadget to help with making sure I get enough water and figured maybe it would help a few others also.
http://www.hydracoach.com/applications/index.html
The thing I like is it calculates how much water your body needs by your weight,activities and a couple other things. Like I found out I should have 89 ozs a day and since I started pouring all of it down I have lost faster and felt better. It is kind of pricey though it runs 29.99 plus the shipping
Anyhow just thought I would share.Hope everyone has a great day !! Off to work I go uuuugghhhhhhhhh.
LoisKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #26  
Katie

Thanks Lois, that looks cool. I have started drinking Kangen water, which is water with a high alkalinity to balance the high acid that I have in my body. Since I have started drinking it, I have felt better overall, and I am loosing weight also.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #27  
Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Hey, who was that, last year, that had a wounded deer sleeping on their couch?????
Hmmmm, I can't remember.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #28  
WonderWoman

good morning all. i'm feeling better today than i did yesterday. still not sleeping the greatest, but it's to be expected at this point. i had to make myself a sugar free soy latte today with 3 shots of espresso, just so i don't fall asleep on DS again this morning. i feel so bad when i do that. i'm sure he doesn't care as much as i do, but it still makes me feel crappy when i do that.

anyways..not much else going on..just been feeling blah for the past few weeks now. my meds are being upped as i get closer to delivery, so that's good.

ok. DS is patiently waiting to play his daily games on playhouse disney..so i gotta go. be back later.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #29  

Last night was the 6th night in a row that I exercised. I feel good about that and hope this Saturday the scale will reflect my hard work. But even if it does not I will keep at it. I have been feeling better energywise for the past week and I fall asleep so easy.. if I could just get the baby to sleep better. He is a night owl just like his Daddy. Just a 4 day work week for me and I guess most people, So I am looking forward to that. I am trying to get motivated to get up every morning to execise too, but not to that point yet.

My new mini-goal is to do 5 real push-up's in a row. Man am I out of Shape!!!

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #30  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

so I was thinking about joining a geriatric exercise group cuz I am so out of shape. do you think they would be mad at me......you know, the old folks?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote