Old 01-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #136  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Ha - talk you out of it, that's a good one! I haven't officially applied yet to the program! (Freud would have a FIELD day with that) - I have to finish my application before February. Ugh. I took the MAT - was going to do the GMAT, but they accept the MAT - and it was silly easy, so I did that. Just a bunch of word puzzles. My main hurdle is thinking about how long this is going to take - I need a masters and then a grad certificate, so it is 60 credits!!! It seriously makes my brain and stomache hurt.

But, in the long run, I'll be very marketable. Even if I stay here I will benefit. And, more importantly, if any of the twinks in my classes end up being my boss, I would want to kill!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #137  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Kim- I dread going back to school. I want to do just a complete career change. I have a bachelor's and I want a bachelor's in something else. Kudos for doing it. I keep saying I will when all my kids start school. The youngest are almost 2 and I had my tubes tied. No turning back on that

Katie: sorry about your DH. You are right...it will all work out. Btw, do you watch Monk? We love that nad it comes on before Psych.

Nicole, yeah...my name is Mary and my userid WAS marbear at one time but THAT is a whole other story Miss Katie knows about. Too much drama to rehash, but remember this is a PUBLIC forum and sometimes nosy drama queens can be VERY resourceful with the google.

Going well today. I have protein, veg, 3 fruit, fat left. I am hoping DH wants to go out for supper so I can get a good salad with grilled chicken. We'll see.

Hey, I wanted to share something one of the twins loves. He shovels it. I don't know how to count it, but I plan on making it a lot. Maybe you gals can help on how to count. I roast or steam some green beans and I add chopped tomato and red onion that has been marinated in light italian dressing overnight. I also add some rf feta. It is SOOOO good and I wanna keep making it at least every 2 weeks because it is a veg he will eat and I want to encourage any veg eating. The only one all 3 eat is sweet potato...well...unless you count russet potatoes that are roasted.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #138  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy View Post
Nicole, yeah...my name is Mary and my userid WAS marbear at one time but THAT is a whole other story Miss Katie knows about. Too much drama to rehash, but remember this is a PUBLIC forum and sometimes nosy drama queens can be VERY resourceful with the google.
Mary, Mary, Mary.........I had some drama here last year.....one of my real live friends did some searching and it just happened to be the one and only time I did some out of line complaining about her. Yeah, that sucked.
Live and learn, right?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Well the flat belly diet is kind of a gimmeck, but hey it is just meant to be a short term break inbetween doing LAWL for me.... it is 4 - 400 calorie meals a day each one with a serving of good for you fat. I've also still tried to stick to all healthy whole grain food and to always get in fruits and veggies. Surprisingly, I've not used this opportunity. I didn't buy the book, I just read a prevention magazine and kind of took what it said and formulated my own take on it. 400 calories for breakfast is wonderful. 400 calories for dinner is hard for me. So it has managed to get me to shift more of my food earlier in the day. The diet book says that is meant to be a 32 day thing, and I think I will attempt to stick to this that long and then revert to good ole LAWL Blue plan.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #140  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Mary, Mary, Mary.........I had some drama here last year.....one of my real live friends did some searching and it just happened to be the one and only time I did some out of line complaining about her. Yeah, that sucked.
Live and learn, right?
Hahaha- replace "friend" with "mother-in-law who was not on speaking terms with us." Yeah...btdt. So are you 2 still friends? My MIL and I are getting along much better now...now that she helped with the twins a lot and also she realized by being in my own home that her precious son can be a handful and that I am a darned good woman for taking on that handful
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #141  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Is everyone sleeping in today!? Lucky you!!! I am at work, and upsettingly had to be here at 7am and our first client was a no-show! GRR! I could have slep in til 8am! Oh well... Here's to a POP Saturday! I screwed up last night!! I have found stress is my source of going off plan!! Yikes!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #142  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Good morning all...had my gall bladder surgery to remove it yesterday afternoon and GAINED a pound...so much for hoping...

Hope you all have a great day. Myself, I will be lounging on the sofa with jello!

Peggy
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #143  
Amy

Morning guys! Happy weekend!

Kimberly- where do you work that you work on Saturdays?? Don’t worry about the slip-up. Keep going! Those 5 lbs will turn into 10 and so forth, really fast!

Nicole- thanks for adding me on FB. You have such a beautiful family!

Barbara- there’s a great article with recipes and such on the Flat Belly Diet in Prevention magazine this month. (May be January’s edition.) I was really bored at my in-laws so I read it. Pretty good article with some amazing success stories.

Not much going on here today. I joined a book club online (Double Day) and I got my books today. All cookbooks of course as I love cooking. 4 out of the 5 are WW though and Ellie Krieger. I think I remember Amylou liking her. I like watching her, she’s adorable and cooks everything LIGHT.

Well, have a great day chicks!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #144  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning friends! We are out the door to lunch and a movie. I'm going to be good!! Promise!

Bunco was pretty good last night. I had eaten relatively light during the day so I was ok for the casserole and ceasar salad.

Peggy-glad the surgery is over! That lb will be off in no time.

Amy-yes! I love watching ellie kreiger. I also found a few videos on foodnetwork with a girl who does healthy (relatively) cheap meals. She doesn't have a real show yet that I know of, but I loved her recipes. I'll have to look for her name.

Hi Barbara-my hearings went pretty well. I still have SO much to learn. I think it will take me about 3 mos before I feel comfortable with the law and the rules during the hearing.

k-gotta run! Have a great weekend all!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #145  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Morning guys! Happy weekend!

Kimberly- where do you work that you work on Saturdays?? Don’t worry about the slip-up. Keep going! Those 5 lbs will turn into 10 and so forth, really fast!
I work in a test center. We give computer based exams. I only work 2 or 3 days a week for usually 8-10 hours per day. Its a pretty easy job. I sit behind a desk and watch a monitor, then every ten minutes me or my co-worker goes in and proctors the room. I get a lot of studying done when I am in school!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #146  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi gang..

Hope today is a good one for you.. Did well until lunch, but with racquetball tonight and TO planned for Mon-Tues, I should be back on track..

Sige.. Don't worry about it.. I'll bet your body, faced with invasion (surgery) went into conservation mode to help it cope with recouperation.. It's probably just water weight... Hope everything went well and that you're back in fighting form soon!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #147  
mugwhumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sige View Post
Good morning all...had my gall bladder surgery to remove it yesterday afternoon and GAINED a pound...so much for hoping...

Hope you all have a great day. Myself, I will be lounging on the sofa with jello!

Peggy
sige,
I had mine out last April... best thing ever - good riddance! anyway... don't get into weight loss mode just yet - you need at least a month to heal! I did the light foods for a few days until I realized my body was SO MUCH happier without the gallbladder, then I kept basically on plan but a bit more of protein, dairies, veg - don't overdo the exercise (hopefully a good nurse would have told you this anyway before discharge...) eat what your body tells you to... haha not your mind with an ice cream sundae! but I'm sure you know what I mean. My program was on hold a month with my COD as per policy after any surgery. So good luck !!
mugwhumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #148  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sige View Post

Peggy
Peggy, Peggy, Peggy - Good Lord, you feel OK enough to get on a scale????
They pumped you full of fluids before and during surgery - you'll be fine after it all settles down.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #149  
LAWL since 9/06

Hey there everyone! I am back and ready to go. Dan and I talked it over and have decided to start this again. We have cantelope ready to cut up for tomorrow and Tuesday. I gained back about 25 of what I originally have lost, so I need to stay on the ball. So I am going to reset my ticker and starting tomorrow, going into full gear.

My first goal will be to make it through the next 2 days. My second goal will be to lose at least 1 to 2 lbs. Give me some will power guys.

And yes I got quite a chuckle off of the bike pants. It was just too weird.

Last edited by LizzyW; 01-11-2009 at 06:54 PM.
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #150  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

OMG - Liz is posting!!!! Go for it Liz...you've got a good support partner close at hand...you can do this! Hope everyone is getting the hang of their new lifestyle...I know I am. The secret has been working out...A LOT! Celebrated DH's birthday yesterday (played Whirlyball with a group of friends) and went out to eat afterwards. While those around me drank and ate hot wings, I had the healthy choice on the menu...something with grilled chicken and a lo-fat tortilla...my reward was a .5 lb loss (for the day).

Let's all keep plugging away.....we have goals to make; skinny jeans to wear!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote