Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:12 PM   #226  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

hey everyone! still sluggish re: getting back on track from vacation. no question my wagon is big enough for everyone - including MOI. and i'll be right back on it, in just a minute... got sick yesterday, still wiped out from spending last week with the in-laws. why is sitting around doing nothing so exhausting? i thought it was tough being jewish during the holidays...actually celebrating christmas is even more draining (at least for me.) yipes. eating for comfort, for fun, eating to get the junky stuff out of the house. as i write this the light is going off in my head. note to self: i am not a garbage disposal.

i still haven't had a chance to get caught up on everyone's posts, but am back at work again tomorrow, and i'm guessing there won't be a lot going on - may get that time back. hope everyone is doing fabulously!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #227  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies Today was a more laid back day, planning-wise. Having worked to the end of the Stage 1 exercises, I'm practicing now. In general, it was a good day. I need to work on giving myself more credit.

I didn't completely stick to my eating plan I'd written out yesterday (Skill 8). I was driving by a Starbucks and my afternoon latte habit I've developed lately reared it's ugly head. I thought at the time "oh, I'll just have that for my afternoon snack" which is what I did, and calorie and hunger-wise the day worked out just fine. But I lost an opportunity to build my self-discipline and follow my plan. It absolutely didn't enter my mind that I now have a plan I'm sticking to, until quite a bit later; I'm so used to dieting on the fly and making reasonable substitutions and so forth. I'm going to sit down and do my Cheat Sheet (Skill 9) after posting tonight. I think the solution is to remember that I'm going to want a fancy coffee and schedule it in once a week. I may also need to list out some non-caloric caffeine options, because that addiction also plays into it, and I have no interest or desire in cutting that out. BTDT, and I prefer it this way.

The plan for tomorrow is written and it does not include a $4 coffee, although it does deal with my parents picking up lunch for us, and dinner out for Mexican food. The restaurant plan is pretty detailed and I'm going to have to spend some time tomorrow afternoon visualizing not eating any chips and salsa.

I read through Chapter 5 of CBDL in detail last night. I'll be on the 2000 calorie plan, at least at first. I think I'm going to mostly follow the plan, since I like the calorie breakdown structure, and love the 150 free calories per day (lattes everywhere), with the caveat that I'm adding some of my own choices to the food lists--I think after 6 years of analyzing the caloric and nutritional content of the food going into my mouth, I've earned the right to do that. I'm going to take some time to digest the food lists, and add my own reasonable favorites to them. Anyway, it'll look like Stage 2 eating, with some Stage 4 modifications added in.

After reading quickly or skimming through the rest of CBDL, I think BDS is stronger on techniques for problem solving, identifying sabotaging thoughts on your own and building responses and plans. It is just an impression at this point since I haven't read Stages 3-5 in any depth, sat with them, and thought deeply about them. I'm definitely glad I have both books.

Oh yeah, DS has begun the process of weaning himself. I'm probably not exercising for a few days because I'm really sore. And yeah, I feel comfortable labeling this a legitimate reason and not an excuse. I expect I'll be massively hormonal soon, so please bear with me.

Heidi Advice for how to get back on the wagon is tough. It seems like life ebbs and flows, and some days are easier than others. I think the wagon is more about habits and commitment than willpower or motivation. Willpower is useless after the first couple days. I just keep trying and sooner or later life cuts me a break, and a I get a few good days in a row, and put enough willpower/motivation together to build a new habit. Then I just have to keep on keeping on. Recognize that sometimes this works exactly in reverse and I'll catch a few bad days in a row, along with enough discouragement or ambivalence and a bad habit is born. And recognizing that this is life and not a plan is a really really good way to ride the cycles. I figure I've got nothing but time. If you can get two steps forward for every one back, you're ahead. I'm gonna quit waxing philosophical now.

Andrea Next time you see the cookie monster, give him a good hard smack for me. He makes far too many appearances at my house too. The water and veggies seem like good steps.

RobinW Hope your husband feels better soon, and if it's contagious, that you don't get it. It is hard and/or foolish to exercise when you're sick and it is doubly hard to feel derailed about it.

onebyone A gentle restart is a restart. Good for you! I think not being able to get to good food selection must be very rough. That's the sort of thing I take for granted. Sounds like you are using a great deal of perseverance and creativity to get through the strike. I hope you are giving yourself lots of credit for that.

Jeanie i am not a garbage disposal. I like that. I always tell myself I can use the trash can, or I can be the trash can. Puts a new perspective on throwing out food that is doing no one any good.

to everyone else. Hope you're making it through the holidays OK. Almost through it now, and then we can all fight the resolution madhouse here in the healthy eating corner of the world.

Anne

Last edited by AnneWonders; 12-29-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Adding personals...
Old 12-30-2008, 12:55 AM   #228  

Hello there!
It is so great to get back into the conversations here. Thanks so much for the advice on "getting back on"...wish that there was a silver bullet but doing Beck is as close to that as we will see most likely.

My core is sore from the "power hula hooping" on the wii fit. Also, heading thos soccer balls and avoiding the soccer shoes and other objects factors in as well-too funny. Take the plunge BBE.... if you can, it is so fun and makes me laugh.

I read the intro of the new book and got pretty motivated. It is great to read the comparisons of the book from Anne-thanks for sharing your reviews! I like the little checklists in the back-and I have some index cards ready to make my deck.

We are in slushville here in the northwest after our big bout of snow. The snow was great for getting some exercise-kicking that soccer ball for the dogs is hard work in deep snow...now it is a mudpit in my backyard so it is slippery and super messy...thankfully we have the Wii... wonder if/when the novelty will wear off... I keep earning new activities though so hopefully that will continue so that it stays fresh.

Off to drink a tall glass of h2o and hit the hay.

Goodnight and it is good to see you all again too! Heidi
Old 12-30-2008, 04:52 AM   #229  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday - The Eve of New Years Eve

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Did another gym session with my personal trainer. CREDIT moi. Little CREDIT moi for a gym session, but BIG CREDIT moi for standing down my frugal nature that hates to pay for a trainer whose big contribution is to egg me to do more than I would do alone. It bugs me that I do a better workout just because he says "five more" when I'm ready to quit because I'm tired.

I console myself that his other contribution is big - he constantly corrects my positional errors in a way that makes the exercise work. It continues to amaze me that my body can find a way to work around the intent of the exercise and protect the targeted muscles by leaning back or hunching forward or, apparently my favorite, slouching rather than holding in my gut. Oh Well.

onebyone - Kudos for making the choice to do a "kinder and gentler" restart. Actively making choices to adjust our plan seems to be Beck stuff.

Ouch for the continued transportation strike, with the symptoms that both sides are hunkered down for the duration. Good for you for your positive attitude that you have an option to get to school, albeit an imperfect forced eight hour day. Is there a grocery shopping opportunity within walking distance of school?

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Love it, "I am not a garbage disposal." It is so universal to think of disposing of something by eating it. And it's as stupid as it is universal.

Ouch for getting sick yesterday. Congrats for making it through Christmas with the in-laws. Yep, doing nothing is exhausting.

Heidi (landlady6) - Yay for the "sore core." Laughing at the image of an adult doing power hula hooping on the wiifit. Do you have to wait until DD is asleep to keep her from laughing?

Neat that you're into the new book. Do you have any insights about making this tread about both Beck books (as is my inclination and the thought of those who have spoken out)?

Robin (RobinW) - Congrats for "the scale moving in the right direction." And Kudos for 100% on plan food. Sending healing thoughts, as well as virtual chicken soup, to your DH.

Anne (wndranne) - That dogie in denial story is just classic - makes my day. Loving the image of your adult dog turning his head to avoid seeing his image in the mirror.

Ouch for evil Starbucks. Super neat that you'll plan for an occasional fancy coffee to avoid going off-plan to get one. That's a good reminder that we gotta include the stuff we really love to avoid feeling guilty when we, eventually, go get it. CBDL seems to strongly emphasize adding one treat per day - sorta mirroring her own daily candy bar every evening. I'm gonna cogitate on your Starbucks planning in the situation of my falling into the bowl of candied pecans; perhaps I've been remiss in planning my occasional treat so that I had a Beck like defense - "I don't need those candied pecans because I'm having my candy bar at 8 pm this evening."

Andrea (thinkerbell) - BIG Kudos for posting while climbing back on the wagon, and for the water, veggies, and exercise. That's solid Beck thinking to plan new family traditions to replace the food centric stuff. For me, this was the fourth Christmas that I put golden colored US one dollar coins in everybody's stockings rather than my traditional gold foil covered milk chocolate. That chocolate coins tradition came from my childhood so it was a MAJOR mental adjustment to even THINK of changing it. What my kids seem to really like is the warm fuzzy of knowing what's in the toe of their stocking as they dig down. Traditions CAN change.

Readers -
"Resist Food Pushers

• You’re entitled to work toward your goal of losing weight as long as you’re not maliciously trying to make someone feel bad.

• It’s OK to disappoint others. Disappointment is a normal part of life. Their disappointment will most likely be mild and fleeting."

Beck Diet Solution, pg 207.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:01 AM   #230  
Hunger-not an emergency!

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Hey all. Sorry about be MIA. It has been pretty hard here lately. Dh is still trying to get his job back and until then is trying to get unemployement, but they are dragging their legs. So we hope and pray for the best.
Went into a-fib again on sunday. It was a long 4 hours and I was so tired too. Then we went out after that and I really go dizzy and sick to my stomach. Dh asked when I ate last and we figure that my sugar level was low. I am not diabetic but after the a-fib, it now takes so much out of me.
When I go to the dr this time gonna talk about the operation (abalation). Will let you know.
I have started reading the cbdl and think that it will help. Like it so far.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:33 AM   #231  

Height: 5'7

Dear Coaches,

I am in search of the magic bullet.....it seems as if "bad' eating starts a cycle that is so difficult to break....just as good eating starts a cycle. I feel this is a very inportant lesson heading into the New Year....I totally want this crap feeling seared into my brain.....nothing tastes as good as feeling light and empty and energetic feels....nothing!

I mentioned cookies, but honestly they are not the issue....when I am in a good cycle, all kinds of sweets can be left undisturbed....I don't really have a sweet tooth.

Which leaves me to wonder about ground beef? It all started with the gumpky's (stuffed cabbage) that my polish DH makes for Christmas and Easter...oh and a simply-made pototoe salad. Something in these is my absolute liver trigger....has anyone ever heard of these foods being a trigger?

Also I have noticed that the foods I crave are the foods that trigger the cycle.....spaghetti, soft pretzels, bagels, potato salad and gumpky's! Cookies, candy, ice cream etc do not hold the evil spell.

I had been choosing whole grains and whole grains do not start the cravings or the cycle.....very interesting to notice.

Besides the water and veggies, I am wondering if there might be a cleanse or vitamin supllemnet that might help eliminate whatever's going on....I was looking thru Dr Weil Anti-inflamation diet stuff on-line because I feel like that is what happens internally....a massive inflammatory response. Thinking of going to GNC today and to B and N for the Anti-aging Weil book......with 2009, 3 days away, I want to be set and inspired.

The next bite really does matter. When I was younger, my body was more forgiving.

Sorry but feeling too foggy for personals....I'll try and stop back because I do wish everyone much success and many blessings as 2008 winds to a close.

Andrea aka thinkerbell
Old 12-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #232  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Default Tuesday am

Hellooo, coaches,

Back home Sunday night at midnight. Have been pretty sick with bronchitis and sinusitis for last 4 days and was puny for several days prior. Last night was the first night I actually slept. I am still not 100%, but at least better enough to believe that I can get there.

My behavior during the 8 day trip to Texas was mixed but was much better than in my preBeck days. I did keep my Beck rules to never overeat and to always eat sitting down. Most of the time made good choices and was eating mindfully. However, even though I walked away from them some, I had way too many sweets. My MIL makes tins and tins of Christmas cookies and homemade desserts. Both she and my FIL could teach classes on effective food pushing. First 15 mini at their house, DH turns to me and says..."you know, mom and dad are really bad food pushers". He is learning Beck too by osmosis. We both realize how important environmental control is to healthy eating. Time crunch/planning is my other big hurdle.

Before getting too sick but while puny made three trips to the pool...which was awesome in that it took a 40 min drive each way. Did my PT exercises every day except yesterday (was sick enough I missed work; coughing was just too bad yesterday). PT is this afternoon...and I have a great report to give on that. I can actually see forearm muscles now!

Overwhelmed feeling is back...I have almost no food in the house, a party to prep for on Wednesday night (dont feel like that) and DD comes on Thursday to shop for a wedding gown (another high energy project). Plus, still way behind at work. Oh well...just try to get moving and do one thing at a time.

to you all and hoping I can get back to personals later today or if not...tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #233  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning!

Bill~ I agree with you on the cost of the pt and how much it stings to fork over that dough!! But I also agree with you that they are worth it Stinks tho doesnt it Kudos for sticking with it! Im considering going back to mine after my next 21 day challenge.

Thinkerbell~ I can see your triggers. It's starches and white flour! As for the ground meat....I dont know about that one tho. I only crave lean red meat once a month I give it to it with a juicy steak I feel that's better than a big chocolate bar!

Jean & Heidi

Anne~ I like reading how you are working thru the new beck book .... and how you are recognizing the way you are thinking. Im learning alot from you I would never have thought my own sf caramel coffee from starbucks should be worked into my daily food plan. Even if I only have this once or 2x a week. Sunday is the only day that the coffee is planned.
Good Job!!

Did great yesterday......even had a salad for supper!!!! Dd wanted to make salad for supper, so she made a nice ceasar salad. I bought a cooked chicken from the market and we had a nice chicken ceasar salad for dinner. It was really tastey .......ok I have to admit, ceasar is about the only salad I like The best part!?!?!?!? I have a sugar free salad dressing! Just awesome!

Ok, so food was good, exercise was lots of walking with dd, but Im down on my water. I coud certainly feel it this morning. I was feeling a little (stale?) I dont now, just not right. Like I needed a big jug of water to flush all the crud out of me.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #234  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking Day 2 week 1 of 8 - carbdown day

Good Morning Coaches!

Much success to report.

I've attached a jpg of one of my biggest successes: I managed to paint the kitchen! There, my friends, is morning sun yellow. It is the exact shade of yellow in my astronaut painting so I had to put it up there... but now I have the dilemma of a space themed kitchen Interesting. I may need to paint something just for the kitchen. I was going to paint two walls with this colour but it is so vivid that the impact might be, ironically, lost with too much of it. Like a spice or a seasoning, you need only a little to flavour the whole mood of the room. this is a colour that is, for me, impossible to stay mopey in. Look! It's even THE EXACT colour of spongebob (as seen in the tin on the microwave). Wow. Do I have an eye or what?

But now, since DH and I sat together at the table, having dinner by candlelight last night... FOR THE FIRST TIME in this kitchen since we moved here 3 years ago CREDITS ALL AROUND FOR cleaning, arranging, storing, throwing away crud, persevering through 3 days of gently moving forward, in spite of my own doubts, with one more round to do today to get the counters back in order (you'll see that in the other jpg I put up here)... today's tasks are cleaning the stovetop, emptying the dishwasher and refilling it and running it (SO GRATEFUL FOR A DISHWASHER!!!!!)and getting DH to mop/scrub/clean the floor. I told him that was his contribution. Anyway, the only thing I'd like to do now is the cupboards. When i sit at the table I just see their whole ickness--that ug-ly fake wood panelling. This is a rental so I don't think I can do too much but am wondering if merely changing the knobs to bright yellow could help? Any ideas for how to cover the panels with anything> I thought of car detailing...striping... Hmmm... maybe I could paint on watercolour paper cut to size and put that up over the cupboards... treat the surface of it so it's kitchen safe/sturdy? Not sure what to do. Any ideas?

I also stayed OP for my first day back and have had breakfast sitting down in the kitchen for the start of day 2. I have plenty of food for the day and a plan so I am good. Today is movie day and will have to forgo the popcorn. It's okay. It's well worth it.

Better head off, be back later for personals. Have a good day coaches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newkitchenthumb.jpg (24.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg cupboards.jpg (30.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #235  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Default tueday y'all!

hey everyone!

feeling even sicker today than yesterday. el nino is also sick - pinkeye AND an ear infection. little dude doesn't do anything half-assed, bless him. my mom has him today and i'll work from home tomorrow. have to agree with a number of my wise, wise coaches, anne in particular, with the comment that willpower only gets you so far - environment is key. today is my first day back at work, and i'm 100% on plan, no problem. the holidays didn't trip me up because of the proliferation of off-plan food everywhere; it was the change in routine and environment that did it. greatly simplifies things in a good way. note to self: work the standard environments first (work and home) and exceptions second (in-laws, cruise ship). then, no matter how off-track i get on vacation or whatever, it's just a blip. i'm not even going to worry about the 3 or 4 lbs i put back on. they're coming off again. there was a point on the ship when i thought, what would a thin person do in this situation? in a moment of clarity, i realized that a thin person would probably overeat, maybe gain a few pounds, enjoy herself, and get back on track at home. without obsessing about it.

welcome back heidi! it's great to hear from you!!! i told DH i wanted a wii fit for my birthday, but that's not until may. think i should push for one earlier? hi bill! agree with robin that PTs are expensive, but worth it. had one that used to say, "worship at the altar of the goddess of form, and she will double your efforts and return them to you." thought it was hysterically funny. still do - but it's so, so true! worship at that altar, coach. i'll be back in the gym as soon as my temp goes down and the dizziness goes away. looking forward to feeling strong again! flying pig training officially starts next week. hi andrea! agree with robin - the white starches got ya. i'm the same way, and those are stealthy little buggers who often hide under the guise of "healthy." like your observation that no matter which direction you're going in, you create momentum to keep going that way. in other words, a body at rest tends to remain on the couch, huh? hi shrinkin! isn't it funny how differently being off-plan now is from off-plan, pre-beck? no comparison. love the yellow, onebyone! i recall seeing something on HGTV (might have been candice olsen) on stick-on designs that can be peeled back off with minimal residue. not sure what it's called, though. and MAZEL TOV! on your kitchen! having a welcoming space is so critical. i'm still working through the remodelling plan on the house we've been in for 6 months now. the pantry is first - but the rest of it will be mucho money and time and work. i try not to think about it. hi robin! know what you mean about "crud". feeling it too!

keeping my fingers crossed for angelmomma. hope things resolve happily and soon.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:20 PM   #236  

An update.....went to Whole Foods and found a huge slection of teas for detox-ing.....some by yogitea but I bought a Clean out by the republic of teas...good for the liver. I can "feel' my liver when I eat poorly, not pain, jut an awareness.....the lovely liver is the body' de-toxifier, so I am giving it a little lovin'. Also, kinda weird, there happened to be a Health consultant/life coach brewing the yogiteas....shhe advised me to drink hot water with lemon for a detox. I also went to B and N and got a stack of diet books, including Becks new one.....I put them all back....credit moi! I am so proud of myself!!!

I did buy a book, but not diet related...books are my sweet treats!

Loaded up on some good food at Whole Foods and I am feeling better already! woo-hoo me!

Andrea
Old 12-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #237  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies Another really good day today. Perfectly on plan, and even avoided the chips at the Mexican restaurant. I've been a little spacey today, and broke into tears twice--the weaning is tough. Sad for this stage of my life to end, excited to have my body back, and just swimming in hormonal soup to boot. Not to mention a certain level of discomfort. I haven't eaten in response to it, although I did have to use (successfully) some resistance techniques this afternoon. "How will I feel about this in 10 minutes?" was particularly effective today. CREDIT moi. I have to write out my plan for tomorrow, read my response cards, and then I'm heading for bed.

Heidi Thanks for talking about the WiiFit. It sounds like a lot of fun! I may have to get myself one, once they get back in stock.

Bill Good for you for continuing to deslouch and recognizing that makes your personal trainer so worth it! Have I thanked you for posting here day in and day out every day? It makes this a nice, comforting place to come.

Chris Please take care of yourself. You are in a stressful place right now, and that's not especially healthy. Sending you warm and healthy wishes.

Andrea IMHO, if you think ground meats are causing issues for you, they probably are, if not for a physiological reason, then a psychological one. It doesn't really matter what the reason is, if it creates issues for you, it is probably best to leave it aside until you get a good streak going. You'll get there. Sounds like maybe you should make books your rewards for meeting your mini-goals!

shrinkin Welcome back. Sounds to me like you did just fine on the trip. Sometimes I think we beat ourselves too hard for not achieving perfection. I hope you're taking credit for all your successes! You are also inspiring me to get to the pool, once the weaning is accomplished and the discomfort passes in a another couple days.

RobinW Kudos on your supper salad! I'm with you on not being a big fan. I'd rather have a plate of steamed veggies myself.

onebyone Your kitchen is cheerful and beautiful and I especially like SpongeBob there in it! I bet you feel great about it and that helped with your on-plan day.

Jean Yikes! Pink-eye and ear infection. Is that one set of antibiotics or two?? Yikes! Hope you and he are feeling better soon. Your hypothetical thin person overeating on the ship sounds like my coworkers. I think you are exactly right and hope you enjoyed yourself.

'Nite all!

Anne
Old 12-30-2008, 11:44 PM   #238  
Hunger-not an emergency!

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Thank you for your thoughts. Dh has a phone appt with the eeo tomorrow. It is the initial contact and I really hope and pray that this is the beginning of the end of this seemingly endless nightmare. I appreciate that you all let me come here and vent. It does help.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:25 AM   #239  

Hello buddies,
Nothing too new to report here-I haven't done more with the new book yet but I have my cards and am practicing eating mindfully and drinking more water.

BBE: the hula hooping is so funny to watch of course-sometimes I wonder if my neighbors ever see me-it is a remote view and I doubt it but there is a small possibility. HA! DD was jumping and running this morning like a madchild-she yells hello to the miis that go by (friends and family and the Santa one I created..).

As far as incorporating both books into the thread-my vote is "yes"! Does the search engine look at the title of the thread, description of it or contents of the posts or all or none?? Hmmm...

angelmomma210: hugs to you and your hubby-this is a hard time..hang in there...

thinkerbell: Oh yes, I know the cyclic thing well. It is so difficult for me to break out.

shrinkin: So sorry that you are so sick-rest up and see if you can do some prepared at the store type things for your party????

RobinW: Good move on that salad-love the chicken addition. I love those rotisserie chickens-we get them sometimes and eat them for several days in different things (simple things like sandwiches and tacos...). YUM!

onebyone: WOW-I love your creativity. DD and I were at home depot looking for something and we happened upon a section that she was WAY into that could help you with the cupboards-they make these cling on things for walls-different designs and colors. Maybe they could be used even as a starting point for creative you who may cut your own shapes or something??? What a cool kitchen and I love that you guys busted your tails to make it a room that you are excited to use!

jeanie: way to think like a thin person! That really puts it in perspective. flying pig training? What did I miss?

wndranne: Nice work on avoiding those delicious chips at the restuarant. Way to apply your "Beckniques".. (vocab word by Heidi...it saved me typing -the "tech" part of the word...)

Goodnight!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:52 AM   #240  

Bill ~ I would like to say "ditto" to Annie's appreciation of your commitment to this thread.....it is comforting and reassuring and welcoming....many, many thanks! And yes, traditions can change....this was very insightful....thanks for your comments...an "aha" moment for this (sometimes) dim bulb! ;o)

Angelmomma ~ Sending prayers and warm thoughts as you wander thru this challenging time. "This too shall pass".....I hope it passes very soon. Keep hope alive....keep holding on....and never, never, never give up. Keep us posted on the ups and downs. ((((((angelmomma))))))

Shrinkin' ~ welcome home....has it really been 8 days already? I hope you got a chance to enjoy the warmer weather before the broncitis kicked in....we have yet to fly without someone picking up some kind of bug. Yes, the return from vacation can be overwhelming...the piled up mail, the no food and no routine. Take it slow.....and remember to breathe. Wedding dress shopping...oh, how lovely.....a very special time! Somehow, what needs to get done, gets done!

Robin ~ keep going! Wasn't it you who said that salad is what food eats? good job and finding a no sugar dressing...woo-hoo! And yes, my trigger is definitely white starches/flour.....and they set in motion the anti-inflamatory response...the sausage fingers is the 1st sign.

Onebyone~ woo-hoo! your new kitchen looks awesome....love the yellow and artwork! Fantastic! Hmmm...about those cabinets....painting is the easiest but if its a rental that's probably not an option....I shall mull this over....what would they do on Trading Spaces?

Jean~ love your thinking like a thin person observation! LOL! Welcome back to reality....there is usually no easy way to ease back into it!

Anne ~ woo-hoo for the thought "how will I feel in 10 minutes" ..way to resist. Recently Bill congratulated you on 6 years of maintainence....I just am realizing that it included at least one pregancy...wow! double kudos! Yes, the Wii fit sounds like fun! Just not easy to get a hold of. How's the weaning going.....for you and your little one? And you're spot on about the psychological "ground meat" issue....thanks for pointing that out.

landlady ~ the hula-hoping sounds fun! Do you have any of the other wii fit games?....the Jilian Michaels challenge looks good too....I'm am feeling very tempted to perhaps use a wii fit for my winter work-outs...for when the weather does not co-operate. As far as the cyclic thing goes, I am going to document this as a ARC...it is so much easier just to stay on plan and enjoy the Lightness of being (LOB) than to dig out from underneath the rock of excess.

Hope things were great in '08 and
may they be just fine in '09 (btw, Just Fine is a great song by Mary Jo Bilge)

Happy New Year's Eve
Andrea

Last edited by thinkerbell; 12-31-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Closed Thread