Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #136  

Height: 5'7"

New news. DD started throwing up last night. She seems better now, but geez. I'd love to catch a break soon! I'll be back when I can, maybe tonight??

Waves, hugs all around.

Anne
Old 12-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #137  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Default Wednesday

Coaches,

Second attempt at post...lost the first one.

A good report considering that life is still bombarding me. Eating is OK although have not logged food in two days, so I don't know calorie counts.
Portions have been appropriate and food selection great because my environment has been controlled at home. Dodged two whole plates of Christmas cookies in the coffee room yesterday. Brain thought of BBE's "that's not about me", laughed out loud while pouring coffee and walking out. CREDIT MOI. Did PT exercises last night for first time in 3 days...and made computer spreadsheet to track these. Really want to get to working on strength before I have another problem.

Have not been back to pool..no car. Going for four new tires today in midst of snow storm. OUCH for the drive and the cost.

DH and I bought washer and dryer last night. Another unplanned OUCH. Supposed to be installed Saturday, just in time to catch up laundry before we leave for Dallas on Sunday.

Meetings all day today without even 10 min breaks between and I am supposed to be writing proposal that is months overdue. So, need to put in some long hours at the office today, tomorrow and Friday. Work just keeps dumping more and more. Oh Well. Food won't fix it.

Andrea- for your illness, sending warm thoughts you are totally over it soon. You are right...it will pass along with the life challenges. WooHoo that you refuse to attempt to fix it with eating and just staying focused on what you can do. Thanks for the Beck Win scores...think I am somewhere around a C-...which is better than a D. Realize that she refrained from giving an F.

RobinW- at iPod challenges! Your comments about waiting until a scale number reminded me of the Beck chapter on Enriching Your Life...no need to wait for weight loss to try new things. I realize that SOME things simply cant be done until in better shape...but no need to delay for others. Think about it. Proud of your progress!

Anne-WooHoo for at least a little sleep. Glad to hear DS is getting better. Kids are amazingly quick to heal...and get their energy back 1000%.

onebyone-Love that you are getting some time to care for yourself...and agree that one half is always better than one quarter. Good to nip that all or none thinking in the bud. You don't have to be perfect!

freer-Hello, sorry to have taken so long to greet you. WTG on the jazzercise and teachercize! And, welcome back!!

BBE-Decluttering is so tough. Sometimes, I think it is harder than managing the weight. I now have a dining room full of things brought back from my Mom's and have zero energy about dealing with it. Oh Well.

Off to drop the car for tires. Great day to all!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #138  

Height: 5'7

Some reflections after this mornings posting.....

I am having an aha moment that I wish to concretize by putting my thoughts out into cyber-space. I have lost 21 lbs slowly and steadily since June 1st by not focusing on the numbers, just focusing on my eating plan, my exercize plan, my water plan and hoping for just a 0.1 lb reflection on the scale.....nice and easy.

But here's the trigger....I have wanted to be in Onderland by the New Year and at my last weigh in I was only 1.4lbs away....now I am feeling the pressure and expectation and am having difficulty accepting that my life is not flowing in that direction....to not gain right now is a victory!....yet an inner resentment and frustration is building.

My body doesn't have a clue that the New Year is approaching...she lives only in the present moment, the eternal NOW. What my body knows is that the sunlight is dwindling as we approach the shortest day of the year in North America making this the darkest week of the year.....my body is fighting a cold...cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle.....and at the moment, she is content with the changes she has under-gone in the past 6 months.....New Year's Day is an artificial goal date that my Brain has imposed....ah, need to release this.....the numbers game still continues to trip me up, even though I have made progress.

Onederland, I will arrive when I arrive.....all is well, it really is. As we move thru these darkest days, I am holding onto gratefulness for having a plan, for finding this forum and Beck's book and for knowing that the sunlight will soon be increasing a minute a day once we get past Dec 21...the first day of winter in North America. I will continue to trust the process....I am headed in a down-ward direction and for this I am grateful! Ah, I can feel the resistance and resentment melting already......thanks for listening.

best wishes,
Andrea aka thinkerbell
Old 12-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #139  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Afternoon

Bill~ good job on getting the stacks of stuff in order!! Every time you post about this I think about my dining room table! I wonder if some of those picture books you have might come in handy to a scrapbooker? If you dont mind the thought of the books being cut up....they might be put to good use?

thinkerbell~ I struggle big time with night eating!! Here is what I have been doing. Staying away (completely) from the tv, until that one show that I want to watch is on. Otherwise I dont sit in front of it. Ive been reading in another room, decorating, christmas shopping and wrapping & making phone calls to family to get caught up. I'll make myself a nice cup of herbal tea for the evening and have that if Im feeling peckish. So far its working for me.

Anne~ it will get better soon.

shrinking~
Quote:
Enriching Your Life...no need to wait for weight loss to try new things. I realize that SOME things simply cant be done until in better shape...but no need to delay for others. Think about it. Proud of your progress!
I agree 100%!!! Thankfully I havent been waiting tho. I just know that some things will be alot easier without so much bulk on my body. For now Im doing the little things that I usually put off until Im where I want to be...like getting my nails done etc.

Kudos for making up your spreadsheet....I envy you, I can design car wraps, logos and cool stuff like that, but I just cant get the hang of spreadsheets and whatnots that would be so helpful to me

I did my networking meeting today that serves salad for lunch. I skipped the lunch!! Stopped at starbucks first got myself a venti coffee, and had that. I had my eggs and broccoli soup when I got back to the shop ~Yah me!!

I got a strange compliment today....kinda made me wonder just how bad I was looking One of the presentors today was the marykay lady. I have been using the timewise dermobrasion stuff for about 2 months and love love love it!!! The woman sitting next to me says "Wow, that's what you have been using?!?!!" I said yes. She went right up and bought it after the presentation. She said "I want this stuff, Robin looks like she has had a facelift!" So I guess that's good right?

Food is 100% but water is lacking today....I'll make up for it this afternoon.
Exercise is about 50%....which is a huge improvement. AND I have my pedometer on again today Yah me!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by RobinW; 12-17-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #140  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Default Wednesday update

Evening Coaches!

Here I am, chili cooking on the stove, feet up, laptop in my lap.
I sucked it up (credit moi) and met my friend at the mall, got in her car and off we went to the soutend of the sity to pick up the next person and then back to another part of the city to get the fourth person and then we headed downtown to have coffee and a sandwich at a very nice little cafe... a entrepreneur who wants it to become a cafe des artistes. I liked it there. And I really needed to meet people and talk to them... it was good. I feel much better mentally and emotionally. Much better. Credit moi for letting myself have what I need;. And to celebrate this fine day, I bought a book I have wanted to read Outliers: the story of success by Malcolm Gladwell. It's his theory about who makes it and why, and eternal puzzle to me so I am happy and eager to get into this book.

Foodwise it's been good. But I did eat two bananas in succession while standing up as soon as I got in the door. Too hungry. Oh Well.
So far today I have a) had my fibre
b) walked well over and hour, may still do the mini tramp later...optional
c) working on the water up to glass 4 now, with 4 to go

My diet is really a quest to get enough fibre and water. I am experiencing a mental shift brought about by a physical breakdown. I won't elaborate but I need to do this. My poor body. Last month and all the stress and all my nelect cannot be repeated. I cannot take it physically. I have to smarten up and take responsibility... so credit moi for leaving the chocolate at the store tonight. That was hard. (I am trying to eliminate sweets again.)

Gotta go check the chili. will be back later. to all.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:46 AM   #141  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches - Correction: The lentil-kale-veggie-sausage stew reported yesterday actually contained Swiss Chard, not Kale - according to my DW who can tell a parsnip from a potato. Oh Well.

Made it to the gym; CREDIT moi. Did my walking lunges a little better - that's encouraging. But I feel embarrassed that I'm a bit wobbly doing lunges, a feeling that isn't helpful since it leads to the thought that I could make the feeling go away by quitting. I think the embarrassment comes because I associate wobbly with old. It would make sense to be pleased that even with graying hair I'm healthy, active, and at the gym. Perhaps it would be helpful to remember that the guys lifting the heaviest barbells are wobbly under the strain. Or, perhaps, it would be useful to remember what I've been reminded here - comparison isn't helpful.

Today's challenge is a long lunch with friends followed by an early company party with buffet dinner - historically massive Chinese platters of yummy calories. I have a plan; just need to stick to it.

Robin (RobinW) - Drooling over "eggs and broccoli soup." Boy does that sound yummy. Also, of course, drooling over a networking lunch that serves all salads, but I know your feelings about salads. Congrats on that nice compliment on your face.

Yep, whoever gets my discarded books from Good Will is welcome to cut them up as they see fit. Interesting that you mentioned that. Yep, I hate the thought of cutting up books - left over from childhood I guess. Can't think of a reason to keep carrying that around. Will have to put that on my long list of obsolete thoughts that just won't go away. (When I was a kid, my grandmother thought that switching channels wore out the television, LOL.)

onebyone - Kudos for getting out and going to that little cafe - sounds like a neat place. And Big Kudos for leaving the chocolate at the store. You're taking great steps to keep yourself going.

shrinkin - Just loving the image of you "laughed out loud while pouring coffee and walking out" in the coffee room with two platters of cookies being abandoned. Kudos for eating OK with all that is bombarding you. Yep, Ouch for tires on top of the washer and dryer. Sending you supportive thoughts to stay the course.

angelmoma210 - Waving. Sending supportive thoughts.

Andrea (thinkerbell) - Great strategy to bring your own Wawa coffee to avoid the party's empty calories. Ouch that Sargent Sergio isn't doing her job on that night eating. Perhaps she can order you to drop to the floor and do ten pushups if you eat after 8pm, or something. Kudos for identifying the time and place and working on strategies.

Your reflections are so refreshing to read. Great perspective on onderland, "I will arrive when I arrive." It's always a conflict to use goals for motivation yet to avoid unrealistic goals that lead to feelings of failure. You seem to be striking a good balance here.

Yep, I've visited the flylady site, but haven't incorporated that into my life. Maybe that's what I need to do next. I appreciate your comment "unused energy and creates blockages."

Anne (wndranne) - Ouch for DD - sending her a virtual Popsicle to sooth that stomach. And sending you supportive thoughts to get through your over-busy times while remaining sane.

freer - Kudos for two days on plan, for continuing your Jazzercise by choice, and of course Teachercise (in self-defense, LOL). Ouch for "...new danger zone. No one is home so no one can see me eating. And Kudos for taking the initiative to plan a response. Will cheer for you from here.

Readers -
"Common diet related sabotaging thoughts:
It'll go to waste if I don't eat it.
... "
Beck, pg 193.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #142  

Shrinkin' ~ouch for all the broken things....there should be a rule about stuff breakin' right before Christmas! With how busy your life is, kudos for you for your continued awareness of all things Beck.

Robin ~ that was a fine compliment....what was the name of the product? Thoughtful strategies for the distraction of nite-eating...thanks for sharing them.

Onebyone ~ it sounds as if you got over-hunger which lead to the eating while standing.....are you getting enough protein and/or fat in your lunch to carry you to your next snack/meal? Just a thought. Woo-hoo to you for saying "No thanks" to the candy....you stood firm! and distanced yourself! DR. DRILS is jumping up and down with glee! Small consistent victories!

Anne ~ I hope your little one feels better soon.....that should be another rule in life...no sick kids before Christmas! Ouch....you have your hands full....sending you thoughts of calm in this storm. This too shall pass! Hang in there!

Bill~ wondering what others are thinking of us at the gym is a dangerous place to visit! Somewhere I heard this line....your opinion of me is none of my business!....LOL!.....it's a useful mantra sometimes when I feel judged by others. Good for you to have awareness of these subtle sabatoging ideas and the helpful thoughts you choose instead.

My stuff....

I decided to draw little blue stars on my huge kitchen calendar to mark every day when I do not nite-eat....and celebrate this. And the old red ghostbusters symbol thru the blue star whenever I choose not to follow DR DRILS (Sergio) commands and marching orders. I noticed I definitiely beat myself up pretty good for one slip and do not celebrate my successes with equal intensity....very, very interesting to notice this. Got one blue star already *...woo-hoo for me! It does all seem to be a head game....that's why I am very grateful to have found this book subtitled "How to Think like a Thin person"....the thoughts rolling around my brain is so key!

P.S. Good stuff today about Christmas and dieting on Maria's Last Diet website, under the section Daily Weight Loss Blog.

God speed,
Andrea ala thinkerbell

Last edited by thinkerbell; 12-18-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #143  

I wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts! No sick children today, and they are off to day care. I had a decent night's sleep, and a good breakfast and feel like I might be on track again. Plus I changed out the filters in my coffee pot (water filter and gold filter) and so the coffee will be extra good this morning. I'm due for a long day at work today to get a few things done before our holiday shutdown, followed by DD's gymnastics class tonight. I'm sorry I won't have time for personals until tomorrow, but I want you to know your support is really wonderful and I appreciate it.

I could use some help from you guys. I hit a major stumbling block unexpectedly yesterday on BDS Day 40 Enrich Your Life. I think the gist of the exercise is to get us off our collective backsides and start doing the things we want to do now, instead of waiting until we hit some goal weight to do it. But I drew a complete blank on enriching my life. A big dark nothing. My goal is to get a good night's sleep, and my plan to do it is to wait until DS is no longer nursing and book myself into a resort with no family for a couple days. Beyond that...nothing. As a side note, I generally don't wait until I lose weight to do the things I want to do, notable exceptions being things like not buy size 10 clothes until I'm a size 10 again, but I think that's a healthy thing. Any thoughts on what is going on? My working theory is the tired and overwhelmed thing.

I still have two athletic life goals (do an iron distance triathlon and qualify for the Boston Marathon), but those take years long foundations, and I am working those. I also have a dream vacation to France to watch the Tour de France, but that has to wait until the children are grown (or at least bigger) and I accrue enough vacation time to make it worthwhile. Anyway.

Day 41 is making the new to do list, and I'm planning to set that up on my computer tonight with a spreadsheet. The list is actually sort of overwhelming (there's that word again) to me, daunting maybe, and my plan is to pare it down, or make two shorter daily and weekly ones. Then tomorrow is Day 42.

As an aside, Saturday is my 6 year anniversary of the beginning of my life style change. I weighed 276 pounds on 20 December 2002, already down from my all-time high of 289, I stuck to my diet and I rode a stationary bicycle.

Barring more sick kids, I'll be back tomorrow for my Day 42 check in for Graduation, and personals.

Anne

Last edited by AnneWonders; 12-18-2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Coffee is good, not god, as much as it might seem like it sometimes....
Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #144  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

onebyone~ sounds like you had a lovely lunch with the ladies. Im glad you got out and it made you feel good!!

Fibre and water.....I put psyllium husks in my morning protein shake, and keep a mug of water next to the computer so I remember to drink it. Its a nice big one too! That was full 20 min ago..... You sound like you are on the right track. Taking care of "you" needs to be priority. Its too bad that when we get busy we forget this You are doing good!

Bill~ wobbly and old age? Wobbly at 2yrs old and learning to walk is a better vision....you are learning to walk the lunges, so you are going to be wobbly until you get the hang of it and you have built up stronger muscles. Has nothing to do with old age! As you build your core muscles, this will help with the wobbly feeling too.

Here is something else to think about....you see some other poor person out there being told to do lunges by their trainer....what do you think when you see them? (remember I hate lunges!) Id look like I was ready to chew someone's head off.....and Id be wobblier than all get out. I suspect anyone that has been watching you has been admiring you. You've gotten yourself to the gym and you are getting into shape. I also suspect a day will come in the not too distant future and one of those guys that are pushing heavy weights will come up to you and comment on your progress. So dont worry about it, you are doing this for "you". Think positive!

thinkerbell~ Im not sure what its called, but it is the TimeWise Dermabrasion stuff. If you have a marykay lady and tell them this, they will know exactly what you are talking about

About thoughts rolling around in your brain!! I couldnt agree more!! If you can put a stop to them, you are in a very good place. The trick is to recognize that you are thinking negative thoughts. I realized I was doing this after reading the secret. I built this huge neon red stop sign in my head, and used it when ever I had evil thoughts about the ex I still use that sign, but for other things now....it works pretty cool.

Anne~ Congratulations on your 6 yr anniversary!! That's pretty awesome! I was thinking about your "getaway" That might be a nice christmas present from family. Tell them what you want, have the weekend booked, sitters in place and just take off and enjoy yourself. This particular day was hard for me too......even for stuff like getting my nails done. I used to think, fat women dont get their nails done. So I'll wait until Im thinner and it wont look so silly. Ok, so I was being silly.....I went and had them done the other day. Sometimes its the little things we put off until we are "thinner".

As for me, everything is going good. Food is 100% exercise is still only 50%, but Im getting better at accepting that it needs to be done and I'll intentionally walk around the shopping centers just to get the extra steps in.

My pedometer didnt read properly yesterday. I had on my dress slacks, and the waist is too thin, and they are loose. So the ped kept sliding out of position. By then end of the day it said I had only walked 694 steps Oh well. I have my workin' pants on today and it should be fine.

Its all good......Have a great day everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my water mug.jpg (19.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #145  

Dear Anne,

I have a totally sappy thing to share about Enrich Your Life....I've been accused about being an annoying polyanna but as I wrote to Bill, others opinion of me is none of my business...so sappy or not, I want to say that I think nursing a baby/new life is one of the most creative, life-giving and enriching things that a body can do. It is a special time of life... nursing a little one....they grow up and away so quickly (my babies are now 19-17 yo).
Your life seems very enriched to me....and there will certainly be time for the other stuff.

Now I have not read that far in the book, so my thoughts here may not be compatible with what her point is....I just felt a bit inspired to point out that nursing is a very special time of life.

Andrea
Old 12-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #146  

Sigh. DS is now puking. OH @#$%ing WELL. Other than the puking he's happy as a clam, smiley, and now sleeping peacefully so I'm grateful for that.

Andrea, I had children to enrich my life, and enriched it is, puking notwithstanding. Although I'd make some minor tweaks, I'm actually pretty happy with the way my life is right now. Thanks for the thoughts.

Robin, I love the wobbly toddler image! I'm glad you're getting your steps in.

Bill, I'm wobbly with lunges too, and then I have to hobble for a couple days after. That is what makes me feel old.

onebyone, I think fiber is so important. And chili sounds like a really nice way to get it.

Shrinkin, ouch on the tires and washing machine.

to everyone. Boss is calling and I must get all the toxic pacifiers to their date with the dishwasher!

Anne
Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #147  

Update: I couldn't face the long Day 41 To Do list. It was Too Much. But I decided I could deal with a few items, maybe get those down, and then add a few more later. I find I can remember one or two things and after that, if it isn't a habit, it's gone.

I've modified a bit from the list, but I'm working these three for now:
  • I took steps to reduce stress.
  • I ate mindfully.
  • I used Mindset and Behavioral strategies to avoid inappropriate eating.

Going out to eat with the girls tonight. PFChang's. I downloaded the nutrition info and have a plan!!

BTW: I'm now a flosser. I just did it last night without even thinking. NO CHOICE worked.

Oh yeah, I'm reading a book called Brain Rules about how the brain works (not diet related), and it is fascinating. It talks about stress, sleep, memory, attention span, exercise and other stuff that I'm actively struggling with right now.

Oh oh yeah, I ordered the new Beck Diet for Life book. It should get here just after Christmas.

Anne

Last edited by AnneWonders; 12-18-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #148  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Good Evening Coaches

Hi!

I am reporting a 5lb loss this first week back. Fan-tas-tic. Fat be gone *poof* And don't come back.

Okay had another good day. I am cutting down my food intake to a reasonable level. Eating on plan and getting the fibre, vitamins and water in. Got my 30 minutes of exercise done too--walking this time. 1/2 this morning to meet my last special painting order customer who met me to pick up a painting for his daughter, and then other half just now out to the drugstore to mail a Christmas card and pick up a few things. Not much else to report. Started reading Outliers. So far Malcolm Gladwell's analysis of the successful is still pretty much "oh yeah. I already knew that." kind of stuff. Born in the right place at the right time kind of things. I just started the book so I'm glad he's getting the obvious over and done with. I hope there's more to it...

So I'm giving myself a and a credit moi for today. It was good.

wndranne You were mentioning not knowing what to do about Day 41 Enrich your Life and then you mentioned this
Quote:
My goal is to get a good night's sleep
Until you can get to that resort enrich your life now. What about putting fantastic new sheets on the bed, making your room seem cozier or more peaceful? What could you do to help facilitate your confort around the area of sleep at home? A book to read? I don't know but I am sure that there is something that makes you think "special" in a rooom? I always put fresh flowers into my guest's rooms if they stay overnight. I would like that and it makes me happy. Our lives are enriched by very small things/acts sometimes. Oh yeah I know how to put it treat yourself like a guest!

RobinW for being on plan and for 50% activity... soon to be 55, then 60, then....! All good! That sure is a big cup! I find it is good to have the cup always full and around. I have a big one near the sink and drink up when I am there. I'm getting much more consistent and glad I am doing it. Happy to read you are doing well too.

thinkerbell Hello! I used to give myself gold stars when I stayed OP. I found it very motivating. It's like seeing the advantages to weight loss list right in front of you, you are reminded of what your are doing and why and when you get a string of stars there you really don't want to break your streak... you're doing great! Kudos!

Billblueeyes Good luck with your plan this evening. I am sure you'll be fine! And lunges. They can shake the most firm muscle or resolve. But this is a good thing. You are pushing yourself beyond your comfort level, physically, emotionally, mentally. You're not going to grow stronger on any level without that kind of effort. Keep doing it... Kudos for your willingness to go forward!

Have a great evening.

Last edited by onebyone; 12-18-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:53 AM   #149  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday - BIG snow coming.

Diet Coaches - Re plan for yesterday's challenge for lunch with friends and company Christmas party:

At lunch ignored rolls and butter, had no liquid calories, ordered portabella mushroom stack over white beans. Ignored the offered french fries from the guy sitting next to me who was served aboiut a pound of them. CREDIT moi.

At buffet, had no liquid calories, had one plate (as in 1.0) with only two items: green beans in a light blackish sauce and beef and broccoli except it wasn't broccoli but a similar Asian vegetable. Skipped fried rice, sweet and sour pork, and multiple little encrusted things that I used to inhale. Ignored the wine and beer area. Ignored the Christmas cookies table. CREDIT moi.

Three cheers for the Beck notion of planning. It does seem to work.

Robin (RobinW) - Kudos for keeping that food on track and for working on the exercising. Ouch for a pedometer that isn't counting. BTDT. I once pulled up my sweat pants because of puddles and then walked for an hour with the pedometer happily counting nothing. I felt like my walk didn't really count - that my exercise was wasted.

Thanks for the encouragement about wobbly lunges. (I do remember that you hate them.) I like the image of a wobbling two year old learning to walk; that should distract me from the Sabotaging Thought that I shouldn't be so out of shape that I'm not already doing this with elegance.

onebyone - Congrats on the five pounds gone. Sounds like you're getting back to your eating plan.

Read in the paper that your man Malcolm Gladwell spoke in Cambridge Mass to promote Outliers. He apparently annoyed the crowd by spending more than an hour telling the story of the 1990 plane crash. In gruesome detail. And then more gruesome detail. And then more story. Didn't stop the crowd from buying he book, but it's a good reminder that even a guy who's winning big time can drift off-plan. Oh Well.

Andrea (thinkerbell) - Big Kudos for identifying the imbalance between beating up and celebration. And Kudos for the red and blue star strategy in response. That's just great Beck behavior.

Gotta steal your mantra, "Your opinion of me is none of my business!" Yep, even though it's my own embarrassment in the gym, it is also thinking about what they are thinking.

Anne (wndranne) - Congrats on your six year anniversary. That's one admirable chunk of time. And thanks for acknowledging that you're also wobbly with lunges.

Re day 40 Enrich your life: Yep, it's a bit difficult to envision cultural events when triage-ing between sleeping and cutting your toenails. Your planned weekend off sounds like a great choice. Perhaps you only need to redefine your concept of enriching. Maybe just choosing the green vegetable next to the one you always pick up at the supermarket. No opera was ever written by a working, nursing mother of two. It would fit the description of enriching to ask one of your friends who has the time to read what she thought about her latest read. Mostly, IMHO, you simply need the reinforcement that you're not in need of fixing.

Readers -
"Common diet related sabotaging thoughts:
I should eat it because it's FREE.
... "
Beck, pg 193.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:00 AM   #150  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Default Friday report

Coaches,

Wrote long post yesterday and then lost it before hit submit. Not sure what happens with that.

Still struggling just to maintain Beck concepts and not gain any weight. Yesterday did pretty well, but did not take time to pack lunch. Had a chicken wrap sandwich from the cafeteria, so not as bad as some options. Passesd on all the free desserts at the office. CREDIT MOI. Ate too many soy nuts last night after dinner while working at the computer. Oh Well.

Have decided that while life is chaotic, best goal is to maintain and just do what I can to hold to Beck thinking. Will forgive myself for not posting calories. Plan to read and post here at least every other day. Every day is better, but if that is the target and I don't make it...becomes a nidus for negative thinking. Will be in Dallas next week and may or may not have internet access.

Plan to focus on my PT exercises next few days and then do pool shopping in Dallas next week. Will be nice to walk outside without dealing with a foot or more of snow. We are in the middle of a snow storm here which is why I have time to post. Otherwise would be in to work already for a 7 am meeting. BBE, DD tells me Boston is getting ready for this one too, but that you have not yet had much snow. Envy that.

My two cents (worth less than others six cents ) on Enrichinig Your Life: Anything you do to add positive to life counts as Enrichment, but if you have been thinking: "When I am thinner, I will do X", and you can get over waiting...the bonus to the psyche is enormous. You get the benefit of doing it, but you also get a lift from doing something you may have thought impossible. Putting life on hold to be thin robs us of richness we could be enjoying now...at least for many, if not most, things. IMO, being overly concerned with what others think ties into this. Will also steal the "Your opinion of me is none of my business." KEY THINKING to add richness to life is not to care what others think about what I am doing. It really isn't about them. It's my life.

Sending out smiles and some warm hugs for all...great Friday to all!
Closed Thread