Old 02-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good luck Kimberly!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

OMG what a heartbreaking TBL tonight. I hated to see that person go. I so wanted the other team to lose, they are so annoying. Ugh!

Anyway have a good night everyone.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:15 AM   #48  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang..

Some serious news today.. Seems as though Liz's mom suffered some kind of heart attack and is being flown to Lubbock, TX at this moment.. They have a top notch heart facility there, so she's in good hands... Liz dropped everything and drove down to Roswell at my urging and is flying with her mom.. Her dad will follow tomorrow, once he's got his business in order. On the bright side, Liz's mom is awake and alert and cracking smart *** jokes as usual..

My mom has the kids and I'll be getting home tomorrow as soon as I can, but I'm somewhat hamstrung as I'm in a state-owned vehicle and can't cross state lines, even though Lubbock is only an hour and a half away from where I am right now. Best that I get home and deal with the kids and try to keep everything going as normal as possible. My daughter is pretty upset about this, as she's very sensitive to this sort of thing... The fact that MIL seems to be stable and doing better makes this easier to take at the moment..

She's been "out of sorts" for a while, so I think, in reality, this event is a good thing in disguise as the doctors will have some idea as to what's wrong with her. Or at least that's my hope.

As always, prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated..

Amy.. Quit screwing around and commit yourself to getting back on track.. We all have our periods of little (and big) cheats and we have no choice but to get them out of our systems and get back to living the good lifestyle..

I think that like life, this "diet" has it's up days and downers... But we have to be careful about getting back to eating crappy full time.. Thanks to months of living well, our bodies can bounce back faster when we deviate off plan once in a while.. That said, we will never have "carte blanc" to start eating everything that presents itself to us.. While the dab of gravy and biscuit I ate this morning isn't "on plan" I know my body can deal with it.. If the scale goes up for a couple of days, so be it.. I have have the power and the physical ability to get it back down again.. YOU CAN DO IT!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #49  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the kind and motivating words. I did a similar to TO yesterday and today I feel alot better and a lot more focused. I think those starches kidnap our minds and take over our bodies. LOL Its also not helping that there is not a log going on a work for the past few days and its DREARY here.

Sorry to hear about your MIL Dan. I will keep her in my prayers.

We had some snow here this morning so the schools are going to start 2 hours late. We get so excited when stuff like this happens.

Good Luck today Chickies -Its Wednesday!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #50  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow Dan, I will for sure keep your family in my thoughts!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #51  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Hi, everyone! I'm trying to keep caught up with the posts, but life (or should I say work?) is getting in the way! How dare I actually have to spend time on work at work, instead of of browsing the boards and chit-chatting?

So, I'll do my best to remember what I read. If I miss anyone, I'll do better next time!

Amy, you can do this! I can so relate, but you are so close to goal! I'm sure you can taste it! Do this for yourself ... and do it for all of us too -- show us it can be done (no pressure, just thought a little guilt might help -- it helps me! )

Dan, I'm so sorry about your MIL! I think you were right to urge Liz to go with her. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Debbie, I'm not a huge watcher of this season -- though I did see bits and pieces last night. I thought those 4 in Vegas were so cute!

Kimberly, good luck on TTC! DH and I have talked about it. My little one turns 3 on Monday (and I have a 5 year old). So we are in a place where we need to decide. But I want to get much closer to goal before we start. My advice is like everyone else. Relax ... have fun trying ... and let nature take its course!

Katie, thanks for the urging to come out and play! I'll try to do better about keeping up. I need the motivation from all of you ladies.

Stars, the bars are expensive -- but good. My favorite are the double chocolate. Chocolate crunch is also really good. Cookie dough, peanut butter are also good. Lemon is okay -- something a little different to throw in the mix. I didn't like coconut, and I haven't tried the honey nougat. I have also tried the luna bars which have comparable ingredients. But what I like about the LA bars is that they are covered in chocolate and just FEEL like a candy bar. My DH bought some protein bars this weekend for less than $1 each. I can't remember the brand, but they are good -- they are also chocolate covered. If i remember I'll look tonight and let you know what the brand is.

Happy Hump Day, everyone!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #52  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Dan....I must have been feeling some crazy vibes yesterday, as I thought of Liz a few times throughout the day. When you talk to her, let her know we are all thinking of her

Good morning eveyone I actually stayed OP yesterday......and boy, did it feel good . I highly recommend it.

Do you guys remember Julie Marie? Man, I miss her wit. Hi JM if you are reading this!!!

Ok, off to get my boys in order, I can hear them going crazy in their bedroom, starting off todays session of WWF. It is such an adventure raising boys..........

Have a great day everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #53  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just popping in quick for the day and probably until after i get back from NC. i should be packing, but i'm feeling a bit lazy and procrastinating is what i do best before a trip.
so..yeah. that's about it. i worked for a few hours this morning too, so i'm a bit tired. gonna try to get a nap in today too..not sure if i will though.
going to be staying at a friends house while i'm in NC, and they know i'm vegetarian..so hopefully the food won't be too terribly off plan..and if it is..so be it. i'm not too worried about it these days. if i gain a little while i'm gone, i know it'll come off as soon as i get back. but i usually end up losing about 3-4lbs while i'm on any vacation..so that's what i'm hoping for.

ok. i hope everyone has a great day and rest of the week. it's dh's bday tomorrow and mine in a week and a half..wish i could call him, but i know that won't be happening for a while. oh well. i can't even send him mail right now because he's in between bases right now..boo! makes me a bit more than sad, but i'm trying to keep my head up and stay strong. ah..military life. gotta love it.
ok..gonna go and possibly start packing!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #54  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Kimberly - Good luck!!!

Dan - I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. At least she seems to be stable at the moment, right? =) I hope she'll recover quickly, though!

green - If you get that brand, that'd be fanastic!!! I'm going to be talking to the counselor today about purchaing some more. I thought the coconut one was really good for some odd reason. I'm leery of the lemon flavored one, though....I HATE lemon with a passion. I'll try it regardless, just that it's not a favorite of mine! Peanut butter's pretty good, chocolate chip cookie dough was kinda oddish, but that's probably because it was my first time eating that. Overall, I did like the bars. =)

Today is Wednesday...which means that I have no more classes for the week! YAY!!!! I'm gonna be quite busy all weekend, though! I'm gonna stick with the plan, and be more careful with what I eat, for sure. =)

Happy Hump day, everyone!!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:38 PM   #55  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey, guys. DS started karate last night and LOVED it! It will be really good for him as far as teaching him some discipline. So that's Tuesdays and Thursdays for his karate and Wednesdays for DD's dance...whew! I'm glad DS decided not to play baseball this season!

Our event photography business is entering its busy season since there will be lots of races, triathlons, marathons, and little league games coming up. Those are what we shoot the most of. For my portrait business, I also have scads of senior portrait sessions booked as well as several children's sessions to be taken while the daffodils are blooming. There's a local field full of them where we'll go for those. All that to say, we're about to get BUSY!! But it's exciting, too - especially the portrait stuff. That's where I get to be creative and have fun!

Dan - your family is in my prayers. Please tell Liz that we are all thinking of her!

DD has finally learned to spell her name out loud - hey, it's a long one so it took us a while! She's such a mess. Yesterday on the way into daycare, she stopped everyone she met and said, "Hey, listen! ELI...ZAB..ETH! That's me! Can you believe it??" She cracks me up. She will be here at my school next year for PreK. I've already started apologizing to everybody! The school will never be the same again!

Last edited by bayoubelle68; 02-27-2008 at 12:39 PM.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #56  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi Ladies and Dan,

Just stopping by quick to say hi! Hope all is well with Everyone!
Dan my thoughts and prayers are with your family.
Michelle love the new Avatar very pretty!
Not much time for personals I will try later....
Stay POP all you Popstars!
PS. I am finally back down to 179.6
NSV ALERT! I fit into all my old pants! That was one of the reasons that I joined LA. When they asked what my reasons were! OMG! I was sooo happy I was litterally walking around my room trying on every pair of pants in my closet and grinning from ear to ear! YEAH ME!

Last edited by cecil; 02-27-2008 at 12:52 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Felicia - how old are your kids? I wanted to start Ryan in karate this year but i think he's still a bit young at 4. I was thinking we'll do swimming again this summer and then next year start karate. He also learned how to spell his name last month but its a short one so he got it pretty quick.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Felicia, My DD is Elizabeth too... When she was young we called her Beth or when she was in trouble Elizabeth. So when she got mad at her dad when she was little she called him Elizadaddy. It still cracks me up that she figured you just added Eliza to someone's name when you were trying to get their attention. There was a time when she went by Lizzie, and her friends called her Lizzy Borden, and I was called Lizzy Borden's mother by her friends, which I found troubling.... Now she tends to be just Liz...

Katie, I did eat just all sorts of extra food yesterday when I went skiing. I didn't have any drinks although just about everyone else was ordering all sorts of interesting things from the bar. I liked the names of the Naked Snow Bunny and Sex in the Snow... So today I feel bloated since I think that all had a ton of salt in it, so lots of water today, back to spin cycling class this morning, and give me a few days and I will be back down to normal. Sometimes it feels like being On Plan is like base was in childhood games... the weight can't get me as long as I get back on plan... even though I ran wild through the food yesterday.

Cecilia... How great to put on your old pants and to be under 180 again! Fantastic!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:22 AM   #59  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Just popped in for a quickie.....I weighed in today at LAWL. I lost 3.2 pounds!!! Since Monday!!!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I took DH in at about 8 last night. He was really sick about 4 weeks ago. he had a temp of 103 for almost two days. but no other symptoms, then he just had a pain in his chest for the longest time. He said it felt like an ape was sitting on his chest and it hurt to breath. finally about a week after the fever he went to the Dr. and he said that DH had the flu and gave him a shot and some pills. but even after the pills were gone he still had the pain in his chest plus he has been having night sweats something awful all of a sudden he is just completely soaked like he was thrown in the lake. He floods the bed or complete drenches his clothes. Amber had a scrimmage game last night, so we went and sat on the cold bleachers, after that he just couldnt get warm so he went in to take a bath and when he took his clothes off he was covered from head to toe with weird big read bumps, some of them with a oozy head to them. So I called the 24 hour nurse on our insurance card and talked with her for a while. at first she wanted me to call 911 and have an ambulance come, which I thought was kinda of silly, to put up with the symptoms for 4 weeks and then not even drive the 7 miles to the hospital ourselves. so finally she said ok, but get him in tonight. So we went into the ER and they pushed him in ahead of everyone else, ran an EKG, Chest Xray, blood work, urine test, etc, etc..... everything came back normal. at 12:30 the Dr. sent in another Dr. and then the two of them went and talked. then Dr. #1 came back in and said that he was 50/50 as to whether to admit him or send him home, so he wanted Dr. #3 to come and break the tie I guess. He said, it should be much longer and he will come in....... well at 2 AM the nurse came in and said, "you know we are keeping you, right?" So I went home at that point. They didn't admit him, they just tucked him in in his ER room. So I came home, got a couple hours sleep and am now getting the kids up and going, then I will go back over to the hospital. I haven't gotten a call yet. so either they haven't been in to see him yet or they are working on him I guess.

I just ran to McDonalds and bought a coffee so that I could break a $20 so that I could send each of the kids with some lunch money today. When I got home I was walking with my coffee in one hand and the cash in the other and my foot got caught on one of the rocks on the walk way up to the house and stayed caught, so I fell flat on my face, well.... on my hands and one knee anyway...... coffee went flying, money went flying....... so now I have two sore wrists and a sore knee and my back is starting to hurt....... all these things and a team of 20+ from our church just left sunday for a mission trip to Honduras, so both our MD Dr.s that go to our church and that we see and our Chiropractor are in Honduras. The ER Dr.s thought that was kinda funny.

more later.........
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote