Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #16  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Goodafternoon everyone. I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I'd check in. I went to weigh in and I'm down a pound which puts me only 4.5 pounds away from my halfway point so I'm determined to stay on plan to get there. I got engaged over the holidays so now I have to work up some extra motivation to stay POP so that I can lose enough weight to be able to try on wedding dresses. Every store I've looked in stocks size 10's as the samples for people to try on. What's up with that!!!!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #17  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. not much going on with me..but i thought i'd check in. i got a new pilates burn and firm dvd a few days ago so i tried that out today. it's pretty good. too many lunges for my liking, but otherwise not too bad.
i'm still stuck at 199..but i'm sure i'll go down again sooner or later. not really worrying about it too much. at least i'm not gaining. and i'm working out and TOM just ended, so i'm sure i'll drop down again soon.

not much else to say really. just here. still struggling, but trying to manage.
i have a 3 day weekend coming up..so i'm happy with that.

hope everyone's week is starting out well.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Default Just me checkin in

I'm back too! I've not done so well the last few weeks.. Trying to get creative with my sweet tooth and still stay on plan. I have totally lost a taste for water so I've done HORRIBLE with that.

I am sure that is why I've been slowly gaining a few increments here and there.

I'm really in a better place though about my body image. I'm finally starting to see me for the size I really am! Smaller!

I have three little ones so I don't post often but I do lurk on occasion. Thanks for all the great motivation and advice!

Now for a question: I always seem to lurk around 145. in the last few postpregnancy LAWL diet plans as soon as I got to goal, I didn't go back for stabilization and then ended up pregnant. I wonder if it a sign of where my body naturally likes to be or is that just an excuse to stop weight loss? I do feel ready to not to have to watch my intake so closely. So, I haven't done as strict as usual! Back to the POP boot camp!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #19  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hiya everyone! Made it through another Monday... My home sclae was kind to me today so we'll see what the COD says tomorrow! Kitty and his paw seem to be slowly healing and thank goodness the dog's intestines seem back to normal again too. Yay!

Stay POP everyone and take care
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Good day all. I am doing great, if you do not count TOM. I am still down but will be eating some conciliatory chocolate this evening. I feel an overwhelming need to sleep (after the chocolate).
Wishing you all the best and hope for a week of success on all levels. T
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:45 AM   #21  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by almsthere View Post
I'm back too! I've not done so well the last few weeks.. Trying to get creative with my sweet tooth and still stay on plan. I have totally lost a taste for water so I've done HORRIBLE with that.

I'm really in a better place though about my body image. I'm finally starting to see me for the size I really am! Smaller!

I have three little ones so I don't post often but I do lurk on occasion. Thanks for all the great motivation and advice!

Now for a question: I always seem to lurk around 145. in the last few postpregnancy LAWL diet plans as soon as I got to goal, I didn't go back for stabilization and then ended up pregnant. I wonder if it a sign of where my body naturally likes to be or is that just an excuse to stop weight loss? I do feel ready to not to have to watch my intake so closely. So, I haven't done as strict as usual! Back to the POP boot camp!
Ok, so obviously I can't relate with the whole pregnancy thing, but what I can tell you is that once I started losing a bunch a weight a I started getting approving comments from Liz and others, I mentally shut down when it comes to the desire to lose weight.. I started diviating from plan and not caring as much... My really good COD counselor noticed and got my butt back on track..

He said that once we start feeling comfortable with where we are, we can tend to conciously, or even subconciously taper off in our desire to lose weight.. I was still about 50 lbs from goal, so I had to mentally recommit... It's hard to make that tangible for you, and of course there's the whole pregnancy thing, but I think you're a a comfortable place and subconciously don't want to rock the boat as it were.. You need to take your brain by the horns and kick it into gear, if you really want to lose more weight...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:49 AM   #22  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by almsthere View Post

I just typed out a whole long message and then lost it for some reason..

The gist of it was that even though I can't relate to the whole pregnancy thing, it sounds to me that you've gotten comfortable with that weight and subconciously, your mind is telling you to knock off the weight loss. Now it's up to you if you're going to listen or not... Seems to me that you're here for a reason and that's to get below where you are right now... You CAN tell your body and brain to shut the heck up and let you get on with it, but be prepared for it to be a challenge for a while.. I hit a comfortable spot about 50 lbs. into my weight loss and it took me a couple of weeks to really get going again.. Thankfully one of my COD counselors saw what was happening and was able to get me to realize the problem...

You can do it if you want to...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #23  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Happy to report that I was close to POP yesterday. I got all my water in but missed a starch. I guess if I'm going to be off plan, missing a starch is the probably the best way to do it. Did better planning for today and will have that extra starch in the way of Triscuit crackers with my Laughing Cow cheese. By the way, thanks to whomever it was that mentioned that as a good choice for dairy. And my grocer is carrying some different flavors of it in the light now, French Onion for today

Dan - Had not really thought about it but I think you are right. I've been at this a year next month and have lost 66lbs. All along I was getting compliments but at about the 55 - 60 mark they started rolling in; I didn't have to shop in the plus size stores anymore; etc; etc; Well I chalked my "backsliding" to the holidays which did play a big part but I also think the experience you describe has played a big part too. I've got about 35 more lbs to go to get to my initial goal so I need to get it in gear with the plan basics and some exercise!

Well, better run and get some work done this morning. Hope everyone has a great day! Hello to everyone out there

By the way, where is everyone? The board seems really slow
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 AM   #24  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, it does seem slow. Come out and play everyone!

Katy- I love Laughing cow too. I put it on a half of an english muffin with an egg for breakfast, or in a pita pocket with scrambled eggs. Also, I like to steam a big bowl of broccoli and cauliflower and add the Laughing Cow to it after it is done cooking and has been drained. If you let it sit for a few minutes to soften, then stir it all up good, it makes awesome broccoli in cheese sauce.

Dan- You are so right about getting too comfy. That is exactly what I did when I was in the 160's, then my weight shot back up.

Tuesday- Step away form the chocolate!!!

Liza- GL at weight in!

Jillian- Great job exercising!

Almosthere- Keep on swimming, you will get there!

Ternoway- You have come so far, great job!

Amy- I like your "wait and see" on your WL goal. You will know when you are there and happy with the size you are.

Kimberly- Good for you! It is success like you are having that really kept me going hard and strong for a long time. Plus, I love that your DH is taking you to your choice of place for V Day when you hit the 220's. You deserve it!

Dionne- Oh, wisdom teeth have seriously screwed my up on my plan twice. Just jump back on the wagon and keep going. Stupid teeth!

Michelle- I can't resist. You were unhappy about your rain? We were having 35 mp/h winds with 50 mp/h gusts with snow. Why, oh why do I live in this place? Let's both do the sun dance, huh?

Yesterday the wind blew so hard that the huge window in my daycare room cracked. I moved all of the kids in to the living room while DH built a big wooden mostrosity to go into the window frame. We had to custom order a new window since it is an odd size. 35 mp/h winds and snow were blustering into the room. I had to stand in front of the window and hold one of storm windows up for ever trying to keep the snow out of here. It was insane. Luckily though, we got the wood put up and sealed it with that shink wrap plastic stuff. My house is looking pretty fancy with that in place of a window, let me tell ya. I am working on day 9 POP with exercise. I am also going to start working on a bulletin board for my bedroom to help keep me on track. I am going to write a letter to myself spelling out exactly why I want to achieve my ideal weight, and how I am going to get there. I am going to write down my desired weight and what date I will achieve it. I will put up skinny pictures of me, pictures of clothes that I want to wear, and lots of motivational quotes and stuff. I know that having board such as this have helped me to achieve other goals. It will help a lot this time too.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #25  
Katy66

Katie - I love all your ideas to motivate yourself, the letter, the pictures, the clothes. One of my old counselors that I really miss told me to go out and buy a size smaller pants that I really love and hang them in the front of my closet for motivation. It worked well then so I did it again recently. I can get in them now but they are still too snug to wear out It won't be long though!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #26  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Yay! Only two pages to catch up on so far this week. That's managable.

Paula -- It is hard to fight those munchies...they hit at about 9:00 pm for me. I've been trying to just have a few extra baby carrots or celery sticks to fight them off.

Amy -- TOM just left me and not a minute too soon...I'm back down to where i was before his arrival last week today. I'm sure you'll find the same in a day or so.

Cecelia -- Why does your company have your holiday party in January? Are you in a service industry?

Michie -- You'll be out of the 220s and into the teens before you know it. You're doing great!

Kimberly -- That's amazing!

Dionne -- .2 is great -- it's not a gain, and it's going in the right direction.

Ternoway -- Congratulations on being halfway to goal, and on your engagement!

Jillian -- Any luck meeting new people in your new area? Maybe you could join a running group?

Liza -- Glad your kitty and puppy are feeling better. Our cat developed diarrhea last night...fun fun fun. DH slept in the living room and had to change the litter box a few times.

Katy -- I love laughing cow cheese. It fulfills a dairy exchange, and it feels like a 'treat' to eat cheese and crackers.

Katie -- Thanks for the reminder about vision boards. I had made one for myself on the computer, so I could look at it at work too. I'm dying for something to break the picture window in my living room...if something flew into it I could claim it on insurance...lol it would save me the money out of pocket.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #27  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning guys!

Scale was nicer to me this morning-but still not where I want it to be by a long shot. I absolutely have to be 7 days POP (and beyond) in order to determine if moving back to red is where I should be. I'm just wasting time by cheating!!

Katie- I'm with you on thinking positive. I think I'll create a I will weigh____ by this date________ and put it on my computer. I've got to strart visualizing myself thing!

Dany, Katy- I completely agree with the compliments making it easier to cheat. Once I lost 40lbs everyone started noticing and I was feeling way more comfy in my clothes- but I'm SOOOO far from anywhere I want to be, so now that I've stayed about the same for the past three months I'm ready to start losing regulalry. Just have to get on that track again! I'm there, just have to keep it goin!

Katie- sorry to hear about your window!! That wind sound horrid.

Hi Angie! Yes, TOM isn't even here yet, but I'm already getting all of his lovely symptoms. I'm determined to continue to exercise (got it in today!) and eat right all the way through.....glad the scale is back to normal for you!

So what's with the ghostown round these parts? what's everyone up to? Hope no one is cheating and being bad!!

It will be day 3 of POP for me today! YAY!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #28  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everybody. I agree with the comments about getting comfortable when we start getting compliments about how we look. I know that is part of my problem. Everyone tells me I look good, can really tell I've lost weight and I think, OK well if I look so good and have done so well, just one little bite/big portion/sneak/cheat won't hurt me. Bad, bad mindset.

Katie - the window thing sounds terrible. Hope you get it fixed soon and you stay warm. Here it was 50 yesterday and today it's supposed to be -4 with blowing snow this afternoon. Crazy weather!!! I love your ideas about how to motivate ourselves. I really hadn't thought much about doing visuals until you mentioned it. I'll have to come up with something.

Katy - Maybe I will go get me a smaller pair of pants and put them in my closet just to see if they call to me and inspire me to get serious about this weight stuff.

Ternoway - contrats on the engagement!! You'll do awesome in losing the weight and getting into the perfect dress.

Where's Nicole, Emily, Joni, Tina, Pearl, and everyone else been that's missing? Come back, come back wherever you are!! We miss you.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #29  
Katy66

Hey, just got back from lunch. It was yummy and very ON PLAN Hope everyone is having a good day.

Katie - Sorry about your window but sound like you guys found a way to stay warm and dry in the interim.

Paula and Angie - my munchie time is in the evening while I'm cooking dinner....I want to snack on everything I'm fixing. I've been trying to have some celery or cucumbers out to munch on so I don't nibble on anything else.

Laurie - give the smaller pants a shot, it worked for me last time.

Amylou - glad the scale was nicer today! They can be so ugly sometimes and for no good reason.

Hi to everyone else I've missed Have a great afternoon.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone, It is quiet here!

It is easy to slack off once everyone compliments you on your weight loss. It is even easier to slack off once you've declared that you are at goal. My DH got into sort of an anti-diet snit there for awhile, but just a few days off plan over the holidays and a few extra pounds on his body that he did not like at all, and he is back with me trying to make the lifestyle change permanent.

I do think we should all reevaluate our goals to make sure they are reasonable and maintainable. I do think you can look great at a much higher weight when you are working out and have a bit more muscle on you. I thought this was only true of men, but I was reading where Kate Bosworth had weighed 17 pounds more when she filmed Blue Crush (where she was a surfer and in swim suits all the time) and she looked great in that movie. So if you are currently closer to the "blue crush" kind of weight, perhaps you should not get all tweaked about it... I do think a lot of men appreciated the buff body more than the starved one.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote