Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Football-Gag! Well if you all enjoy watching someone else win or lose fine with me.
I bought a used elliptical trainer from Craig's List and have been enjoying forcing myself to use it a couple times a day. I told the girl I bought it from I wanted something real ugly to put in my living room to taunt me into exercising. It is ugly! Ruins the decor and forces me to not use the rain as an excuse!
Barbara- I grew up in Mt. View (next door to Sunnyvale). Love the area but it is crowded, busy and expensive. My DH and I sold our house in Sunnyvale and bugged out to the sunny central coast. I love having "SLO'ed" down.
I would rather live in Oregon. I have lot's of family there and love the landscape.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #77  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Val!

Kim- Okay, do you want me to start some controversial thread to get things moving?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #78  
Katie

Tuesday- I am with you. No interest in football whatsoever.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #79  
LAWL Salt Police

Kimberly - I guess we have to forgive them for being attached to the blankets.. Afterall, their team has given them nothing to cheer about for years.. ... Then again, neither had the "Boys" until this year, so I guess I should just shut up..

As for the Superbowl.. Last year, I had won a contest for a fully catered Mexican meal, which we shared with a bunch of friends.. No such luck this year (thankfully), so I would imagine it will be a muted affair.. Maybe I'll go and get the propane tank replaced on the grill and do up some bbq chicken or something...

Joni - I hope the job went well last night..

To the rest of yez.. Have a great day and may the POP be with you!

Last edited by Dan2112; 01-23-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #80  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Hi Val!

Kim- Okay, do you want me to start some controversial thread to get things moving?
Oh, no.. not looking for controversy!

But thanks - your post gave me something to read, I appreciate it. I kept wondering if a new week had started and we all moved to a new thread.

And, congrats being a POPstar!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Good Morning Everyone!

I down a bit this morning which made me happy but i'm not changing anything until next monday so hoping to still be down then.

I cant send DH to do grocery anymore because he compares the labels of things i tell him to get to other things then "makes a decision". LOL I told him to get some whole wheat bagles and he came back with these pepperidge farm mini bagles and says "now we can have both pieces" (everything was close to 1/2 less on the minis). LOL. I had one with PB this morning and OMG it was so good. We were having the double fiber bread and they didnt have it at the store so he started comparing again and i told him to go ahead and get another one which was 10cals more and everything else pretty much the same, he came home with wonder 40cal bread and says "now we can have 2 slices instead of one". You just gotta love him. LOL. Anyway enough of that.

Ok i scanned thru the posts and didnt see anything on TBL yet. Yestedays show was so good. How did you guys feel about the show? I loved how everything backfired. For some reason i like the black team and i was so happy when they had immunity.

Joni - Goodluck today.

GL to those of you doing TO and Congrats to all the Losers. For those of you who didnt lose, keep at it.

Hi Dan, Lynn, Nicole, Barbara, Cecilia, Katie, Michie, Kimberly, Kim, Tuesday, Angie, Amy, Liza and everyone else.

Hope everyone has a POP day.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #82  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Debbie - I watched TBL last night and I was not happy with how they tried to throw the WI but was kind of glad their plans backfired on them. Maybe it will show the contestants the repurcussions of that particular strategy. I like the grey team. They are so quiet, make no waves, seems they are just focused on losing the weight so they can get back home with their families. Maybe they have me fooled though. And I sort of like the blue team - the online team, I think - they are at a disadvantage to everyone else with not knowing each other and not having the support of the rest of the teams. Next week should be interesting. Looking forward to hearing Bob and Jillian's take on the WI.

Enough about that. I'm off tomorrow. DBF got me a remote starter for my car for Christmas so I'm getting that installed tomorrow. And going to a yoga class tomorrow evening. Other than that not much is new on my end.

I've been POP for 4 days now. I'm trying for a week POP. Stay focused on your goals and we'll make it!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #83  
Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Oh, no.. not looking for controversy!

But thanks - your post gave me something to read, I appreciate it. I kept wondering if a new week had started and we all moved to a new thread.

And, congrats being a POPstar!
Thanks! It feels good.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Laurie - Bob definitely knows whats going on with the WI lastnight so i want to see what he says to them. i loved that they did "gameplay" and screwed themselves because if they had just done it honestly then one of the other teams could have gotten immunity but dont they feel stupid now. i like the gray team also because they do seem like they just want to lose the weight and are not worried too much about winning.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #85  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Wow Kim, you're right everyone must be sleepin in!

I was down on my scale FINALLY but can't move my ticker til tomorrow since I'm really only supposed to w/i t/th/s since my center closed....so it will be day 3 of POP for me!!! I'm hoping to get 7 in a row!

Lettie- I'm glad you enjoy your job but I hate when there is conflict with someone at work. Esp. a woman.....it just gets awkward and catty. I hope it doesn't turn into a big deal. Yeah for summers off!

Joni-Can't wait to hear how you like it at the new company!

Tues- I have a lot of family in SLO-so beautiful! Everytime I'm there I get a little taken aback at how "snooty" it has gotten. Used to be so much different. But it sure is a great place to live. You had me laughin with the ugly treadmilll, I can see myself doing that too.

Where's Felicia?

Anyone seen Emily?

Val-so good to hear from you! GL with TO. I'm right there with ya in being stuck. I hate doing TO so I'm just trying to get back to a consistent POP. Have you been sneakin cheats?? Hopefully TO will get your mind back into it and you will see some movement on the scale!

Debbie, Laurie-- I totally agree about TBL. I was dissapointed that the team that left was voted off (don't want to spoil it for you TIVO people). They seemed to just be getting into their groove.

Debbie-what a sweet hubby! I can't send dbf to the grocery alone bc he comes back with frozen pizzas, potato chips and ben and jerrys!!!!! Sheesh!

Barbara- I didn't know your family was up in OR. The prices near Sunnyvale are absolutely crazy. The downward trend of the market has hit Sac and the suburbs pretty hard. DBF bought this house several years ago and the equity went down 100k since he had it appraised 2 years ago for a re-fi. So we hope it gets better before it gets worse bc I'd really like to move closer to the bay area myself!

Alright, time for workout #2 for the week. I really do hate exercising but I know it's so good for me so I'm going to go lace up the shoes and do TBL DVD.....check with y'all later!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #86  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Hey, finally got a minute to check in this morning and from the boards it looks like everyone is as busy at work as I am. Leaving soon for my annual mammogram....ladies if you haven't had yours this year please schedule it! I lost a very dear friend to breast cancer so I'm pretty much a crusader for getting mamograms.

Had a POP day yesterday but didn't get any exercise in. I had to work late and then DD wasn't feeling well. Not sure what is up, she seemed fine this morning. Could have been a plot to make sure she had extra mommy time That is okay too! We read and cuddled a lot.

I did watch TBL after she was in bed and I was not pleased with the whole WI thing. I'm like you Laurie, I can't wait to hear what Jillian and Bob have to say.

Well I better run....have a great day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #87  
Blue w/lites - No COD

S/C/G: 208/157/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!

Debbie - Watched TBL last night too. I agree with you that Bob definately knows some of them tanked the weigh in, especially the orange when they've had such good losses. I can't wait to see his reaction next week.

Dan - I, too, am a diehard Cowboys fan. I'm still upset about that Giants game so I don't want them to win, but don't like the Patriots either so that game will be a toss up for me.

Good week so far. POP & exercising every day. Didn't feel like doing anything this morning with the pain from TOM but made myself get up and do 2 mile WATP hoping it would make me feel better, but no such luck. Feel like going home & going to bed, but that's not likely to happen either.

Hello to everyone else. I hope everyone has a good POP day.
okie in il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #88  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Good morning friends!

Kim & Katy- I got a CRUNCH Cardio Go Go Dance video. It was on sale. It's so funny! The instructor is way too energetic and peppy for my liking. The dancing is alright, nothing too hard...almost felt like it wasn't a workout. If you guys find a better one let me know!

Amy- I'm doing TBL DVD too! I'm doing Power Scult... I really like it so far. I've been on level one and I decided to try level THREE yesterday.. just about killed me! Have fun!

Debbie- OMG I am sooooooo like your DH! It takes me forever to go grocery shopping because I sit and compare labels for the longest! My DBF hates shopping with me!

TBL- GREAT! I missed half of it again because I like to work out while I watch. So traveling from the gym to my house cuts out all of the challenge and most of the WI. Oh well! What I did see I liked. I didn't really like the pink team... they were a little rude. I was happy to see them go.

I just got back from my COD myself and... I was DOWN! Yay! Like 5 pounds down.. which puts me back where I was before I went crazy this weekend. Not quite... it's the lowest I've been so far. Now I have to keep it off and keep losing!

Hope everyone has a very very POP day! You can do this!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #89  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Michelle- holy crap 5lbs?!?! I didn;t know you had gained over the weekend but congrats on getting it right back off and then some! I'm going to have to get the Power Sculpt-right now I'm doing TBL 2 workouts- it's a variety and I love it but I can't do it everyday or I get burnt out. I think I'm going to pick out some new ones this weekend. Is Jillian the trainer on yours?

Hi Becky-congrats on getting a WO in despite TOM-that would be a huge accomplishment for more!

Hi Katy!

Let's keep up the POP everyone!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #90  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends

I did some soul searching last night.......

I watched a bit of Oprah yesterday....which is rare for me....and Dr. Oz was on there talking about stopping smoking. He made several comments about how you have to care enough about yourself to stop hurting yourself....and said something about how overeating is also in that category. He mentioned that a lot of the time we don't make positive changes for ourselves because we are afraid that we might do all the work, and it may not turn out the way we hoped........or the bottom line........that we still won't feel good about ourselves......so we decide to just continue to indulge and ejnoy short term happiness (blizzards, pizza, wings, m&m's, etc,). I was feeling quite empowered, as I quit smoking about 2 years ago, and have been OP for over a week........(well, except last night....and that is comming).........and I really felt like maybe I was truly making this lifestyle change come true...........until.........

DH called me at about 5:00 p.m. and said that one of his co-workers from Chicago was in town, and that they all wanted to go out to dinner and then to Harrah's. He aplogized for the short notice, and asked me if maybe we would just want to join them at Harrah's after we got the kids fed and settled. I really wanted to go........so I went to my room to find something to wear.......and within 5 minutes, I knew I was not going.........I had nothing to wear that fit right.......and the bottom line is, my inner fat girl kept telling me I was too fat to go. I TRIED sooooo hard to win the battle......but I just didn't have the strength. I told DH I just didn't feel up to it and that he shoud go without me. He offered to stay home.......but there was really no sense in both of us missing out just cuz I was feeling crazy. So he went. As soon as he walked out the door, I decided that I really did need to stop doing this to myself.......and that I have to just do this......and I vowed to myself that I would do my pilates DVD tomorrow.....and I cried for a minute......and then I comforted myself with Fannie Mae Mint Meltaways and peanut M&M's, followed by some Crunch Berries and a LAWL portion of popcorn. I am not proud.........and I am not deeply depressed........but I am awakened to the fact that I really need to start being better to myself. I looked at myself this a.m. after my shower, and I realized that my toenails have been neglected since summer......my hands look like those of a 70 year old.....cuz I, "just don't have time to baby them....." yada yada yada. This balance between wife, mom, and taking care of me is wayyyyy off. So.......today.........I am showered, dressed, have make-up on......my hair looks pretty o.k. and........I will do my pilate's DVD today. I may even paint my toenails tonight........but let's not get too crazy. When I met DH........I was a single mom of three........I did had a full time home daycare......and I was going to school full time (nursing). My hair and nails were beautiful......I was thin........and now.......I have lost myself. I am going to do my very best to uncover me ans start living again. Because......"I'm good enough........I'm smart enough........and doggone it........people like me!" --Stuart Smalley

Oh, and a big thanks to Lettie and Katie........the flylady doesn't have me completely trained yet.......but she is making me realize that there is more to life than a clean house, clean kids, and all that stuff

Ok, I am off to do my laundry now..........I know, I know......living on the edge!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote