Old 12-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #91  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

The weekend is upon me and it's gonna be a tough one. Today we have our office Holiday potluck. I BELIEVE they are having turkey too so I can be good and avoid the ham. The extra stuff I should be able to avoid, that never really trips my trigger anyway. This afternoon is a movie which if I eat enough turkey I should be ok. The theater we go to serves full meals and very fattening ones I might add. Tonight I'll be partaking of one liquid fruit but it's a margarita so it's a bad one. Again, if I eat enough turkey I can avoid the mexican food that goes with it.

Tomorrow is the state championship football game and corresponding tailgate party. I don't know if I'm going to have any good options here. I said that I'd bring queso but how stupid is that. You know I'll eat some if I make it and it's not the best of all choices. Now I'm trying to think of something I could make that I'll be able to eat. I'm pretty sure they'll have burgers so I can just eat the meat. Maybe I should just put together a fruit tray. Any ideas out there of what I can bring that others would enjoy as well. I think it's going to be cold tomorrow too.

I got 5 lbs off this week and I'd sure hate to pack it back on.

Sunday will be the saving factor. I FINALLY meet with the guy at my gym to show me some machines. This has been going on since November 10th (well actually since we joined the gym a year ago). Better late than never I suppose! I will also be talking to my son's friend next week about giving me a couple of trianing sessions. Since this weekend is going to be such a challenge this is all good timing I think. Oh, did I mention my neighbor brought over a plate full of goodies last night. BLAST IT ALL!!!! I'm going to instruct my son to remove them from my sight!!

Everyone have a great weekend and will me some extra will power!
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #92  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

Amy - I am feeling much better. Thanks for asking. It must have been a touch of the flu...just hit me like a hammer

To everyone who's center is closing - First of all, I am so sorry to hear that a program that obviously works well just can't seem to keep their doors open. It really is a shame. But each one of you should look at what you have accomplished so far. You can do this on your own! Some of you may remember a few months back when I tried to go back to my COD and they wouldn't let me unless I purchased the entire program again. With the support of everyone here, I was encouraged to do it on my own. And now I'm almost at my goal weight. Not because of a center...because of YOU!!! You have all taught me and supported me more than any counselor EVER did. Don't give up! Lean on us for support! You have the tools you need to be successful.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #93  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Tina! Thanks for the motivation. You are SO right. I know we can each do this without a COD and with this site. I was so un motivated after finals, and then after getting the message the center was closing--until I came on here to see that everyone was still losing and still doing great while I was away from the site. SO inspirational.

Congrats on being SO incredibly close to your goal weight! Are you the front runner for the chicks to the finish?! What an amazing feeling it will be to start 2008 at 135?! I can hardly imagine. Congratulations!

Shannon-sounds like this is going to be a TOUGH weekend for you. Stay focused and decide in your mind before you get to the potluck and the tailgate what you wil and wont have! Margaritas are the worst for any diet-but if you know you can't resist I suppose it's better than a margartia plus chips, quacamole and sour cream! GL and do not let those 5lbs back! Have a great time at the gym. That's exciting!

Amy Jersey-back on track for you!! Centers closing is no reason to go crazy! Pick yourself up and get back to POP. Don't let this weekend get away from you-you can do it!

Nicole-come out, come out wherever you are!

Lettie-when do you start your job?
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #94  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Thanks Amy. I drink very rarely but every now and again I want a margarita. Now is one of those times! I will just avoid the rest of the junk and if I order I'll try to stick with fajitas.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #95  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Shannon your weekend sounds like the last few days and the next few I have coming up. Isn't it frustrating having to be around so many temptations. Yesterday we had a free holiday meal at work. Basically a Turkey meal and potatoes gravy corn and stuffing. I did pretty good. Mostly turkey and a spoonful of each of the rest. Tonight my bf has a holiday party which is going to have an appetizer bar before and after dinner. What? That is so mean! And Sunday my bf is having Christmas with his famliy and they are getting pizza? Seriously! I give up! Ha! I know I can do this , and then that little devil in the back of my mind is like a little bit extra won't matter... and then I have to beat that little voice up! Ha Thanks for all of your support! These next couple weeks are going to be tough!

Last edited by cecil; 12-14-2007 at 02:47 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:48 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Cecil, Just make the best choices possible. I find it is a balancing act of trying to save some extra exchanges so you can eat a little bit at the party and not showing up so starved that all reason goes out the window. We had appetizers and drinks for a work Christmas celebration Wednesday. Desert should not be served after I've had the wine.... although the chocolate cake was wonderful and the bread pudding to die for. It was a wonderful restaurant with spectacular food, so I just cut out a few exchanges from the next day (when you are on maintenance one of the counselors I had said it was acceptable to cut back down to weight loss portions for a day after a splurge day to help keep yourself even) Of course if you are already on weight loss portions, I don't think that is a good idea. Anyway, don't submit to all or nothing thinking, you can do better even if you are not perfect. If you slip a little, just start right back on plan and in no time it will be just a small blip in the forward progress you've made. Sometimes I found I had better weight loss when I had a small splurge, as I think it reved my metabolism up a tad. So don't go crazy, forgive yourself if you slip and don't stress over it. It is really hard to predict when the scale is going to be kind. Oh but avoid the salt since that will make your weight go up crazy always (well at least for a few days).

Shannon, I'm so pleased to hear that you actually have the training session planned. I know it is hard to get started, but if you really want to transform your health and your looks there is nothing like exercise to do it. Good luck with the tempatations. I know you can make at least better choices than in the past. Think of how good you will feel on new years if you are lighter than at Thanksgiving instead of trying to just get back to where you were before the holidays.

Amy, congrats on seeing the 239 even if it was just on the scale at home. I know you've been looking for that number for awhile now. It sounds like you have your Christmas plans well in hand. I too am one of those people who can over do the food for a holiday, and it has taken me some planning, since I'm so BAD when that stuff is in my house. Luckily for me my DH is also glad to see it gone, since he doesn't want to gain weight either. I bet your body is just reacting to the less stress now that you are done with finals. My DD called last night after her last one just walking on the clouds that it is all over with. I guess I'm so touched that she wants to talk to me when she is so happy and not just when she is in the dumps (although I get those calls too, they are harder to deal with since I want so badly for her to always be happy)

Anyway, today I have the day off. So far my plan to exercise has not been realized. Perhaps I should get myself up and going... as so far I've laid in bed and read romance novels... actually a lot more relaxing that work.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 12-14-2007 at 01:50 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #97  
Cecilia

Barbara thanks for the advice I really appreciate it! I think I will be able to do good. I will let you know what happens! Then I will be more accountable. In the back if my mind I will have a little voice saying what would Barbara say? ha ha! The comment about your daughter reminded me of my mom. You are soo sweet! Hope you have a great day off! Happy Excercising!

Last edited by cecil; 12-14-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #98  
Blue w/lites - No COD

S/C/G: 208/157/150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry, I don't mean to be butting in to your thread. I didn't see a thread for new 3FC users. I am a transplant from the PWL website, which I'm sure will be disabled soon. I wish I had known about this rather than paying $99/year for their site (which I just renewed ). My question is, if anyone can help me: I didn't reach my goal because I didn't want to pay for any more weight loss weeks. I'm on week 3 of stabilization. Can I go back to weight loss to try to get these last 8 pounds off then start stabilization again? I don't want to screw up my body to where I put weight back on. I've worked too hard for this. Thanks in advance!

Becky
okie in il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #99  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Hello all! Been busy all week taking care of my DD. She has had a horrible virus but did feel well enough to be back at school today so I'm trying to catch up at work. DH was in PA on business and it took him until 2am this morning to get home because of snow...mind you it has been in the 70's here in NC. It is tough being a single parent, I hand it to you folks out there who do it all the time. We got some bad news yesterday about my MIL. She has apparently had a light stroke. She lives in GA. They are running tests and monitoring but it seems she has lost the movement in one of her legs....most of her speech, etc has returned.

All this going on and I've not been good at all with staying on plan. I made peanut butter fudge yesterday....can you believe it? It is actually DH's favorite and with him stuck in an airport and getting the news about his mom my old habits just took over and I cooked! I only had one piece though and thank goodness I'm at work today so I'm not tempted.

Haven't had too much time to read posts...did see something about a lot of the pure centers closing. Sorry if that is affecting you.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll try to catch up on the news soon.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #100  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Hello all,

I don't have long will have to go get my DS from school. I am taking him to the theater tonight to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. He has already asked me can we get popcorn. I don't want to deprive him but I don't want to tempt myself either. I guess we'll figure it out as we go. I am also supposed to take him to dinner. This is the first time I have went out to eat since starting. I hope I don't mess things up.

I went to WI today and lost 2.4lbs. I was so happy that is a total of 9lbs since the third. I just hope I don't mess it up tonight.

I asked one of the counselors today if they were closing on the 4th and she said no that they were privately owned that it was corporate that was closing. She did not seem to be concerned at all and assured me that the Mobile facility was safe. I hope she is telling the truth.

I will talk to you all later.

Dionne
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #101  
Cecilia

Dionne, where are you planning on going for dinner? It won't bad as long as you go into the situation knowing you are going to make good decsions. Do you do the lites? Bring one with to the movie that's what I did the other night and it really helped and a bottle of water. You will do great! I know it! Good luck!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #102  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Thanks Cecil. I think we are going to go to Applebee's or Chili's. I have been studying the menu planner so that I didn't eat the wrong thing for lunch. I think I will have 1 protein 1 starch and 2 veggies left. That is a good idea about the lites with me. I had not thought of that.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #103  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Becky, your not butting in! I would offer advice but I am still learning things about this everyday! There are A LOT of knowledgable people on here who I am sure can answer your questions!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #104  
Cecilia

Do you have a ruby tuesdays? I loved going there it was really easy to stay on plan and I felt stuffed when I left.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #105  
LAWL Salt Police

Becky... You don't have to be paying for weeks to keep losing weight! You can kick start the process again.. Just get back on the plan where you were and take it from there.. I would start off with a Take Off, just to get yourself into the swing of things mentally and physically...

We're here to support each other, so fire away with any questions or offer advice as you see fit!! Welcome!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote