Old 11-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #46  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Emily - Technically its not POP because not getting all your calories in can hurt more than help(anyone remember that from BL last night??) So I just ate some shredded wheat ceral last night after I posted. But if I have had a lot of heavy starches sometimes I count an extra one when I havent even had it.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #47  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Yes- skipping food is NOT POP. When I skip it really impacts my w/i. You've gotta get it all in. And yes-I thought it was interesting they highlighted that to B on TBL. I can't believe he was only getting 1500 calories while working out 4+ hours a day! Not good!

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! Wow I am so impressed. I am also happy to report another POP day yesterday! I did split a protein which I know is not the most wise thing to do-but I still counted it POP.

Yes-the day to day challenge is SO much easier than focusing on the big picture. If you are still struggling-take it meal by meal. Make sure every item you put in your mouth is POP and just be conscious of it. Doesn't it feel good to post that you were POP on here? Be conscious of that as well.

Jaime- I am in mid TOM myself and for me its the pre-tom that is the hardest but during I just make sure I am eating wholesome foods with lots of nutrients-that is what your body is craving (although you might think it's chocolate!)

Anyway- I just had a great breakfast that is definitely POP (1 egg, 1 lite cheese, 1 fiber wasa cracker) so yummy! Now I'm going to make a banana chocolate shake and head to work!

POP thoughts to you all!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #48  
LAWL since 9/06

Well down .4 from yesterday. Let's hope it keeps going down. I really need to try harder to stay on plan. THis morning I had a non-fat green tea latte and a reduced fat blueberry coffee cake. I counted the coffee cake as both starches and the tea as a dairy. It is probably more, but should keep me from eating anymore dairy or starch. And I am really trying to get in my water. Was doing good and now I am not, so I am really trying.
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #49  

hi all,

On plan yesterday...my DH made the chicken veggie loaf for dinner...it was actually pretty good...moist. He never cooks, so it was quite a treat for me. Its nice that he is being so supportive.

Okay, so sense this is my second time going onto the program, I have forgotten a lot and it seems that a lot has changed. They put me on the red plan with no lites (I am glucose intolerant)...but i am hearing that there are numbered plans now? Can you explain the differences to me? I am bummed that I only get one dairy since I love cheese. And Peanut butter is under protein from me (3 tbls).

Thanks!
mujiboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #50  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Afternoon Everyone. I was POP yesterday and again so far today. Wow, if I can do 2 in a row maybe 3 won't be so tough to get in!! Congrats to all on their POPness and their losses. I WI tomorrow so we'll see if this is helping or not. Even if it's not, it helps me get my head around being more conscious of what I eat throughout the day and stops me from mindlessly nibbling on junk.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 134/120/110

Height: 5'2"

I'm on my 3rd day in a row of POP! I've already lost a pound since last Friday! Reading these posts really helps! It's hard to diet by yourself, specially when my roommate is a skinny mini and eats allll the time in front of me and my DBF has the metabolism of a 12 year old boy LOL!!

Amy..you're are definitely right!! When I look to my long term goal it seems impossible but just having a day-to-day goal really helps! Thanks for starting this!

I've also been wondering about the numbered plans...does anyone have information about them?

Keep up the good work everyone!!!
Beacon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #52  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyLashea View Post
Question to Kimberly, or whomever else wants to answer... When you find that you haven't eaten anything off plan for the day, but you didn't get everything in either, do you still call yourself POP?

Thanks everyone for the advice..

Tues- I am the same way with pasta.. I could eat until I made myself sick if I cooked enough at once.

Katy- You're right.. it is so much easier to think of things one day at a time.. It seems it is easier to talk myself into doing what needs to be done if I just look at it as making good choices today, instead of being on a "diet."

Lets have a POP day today ladies!!
As long as I get in all the exchanges I would've gotten in during the weight loss phase I consider myself POP. There are just some days that consuming my insane amount of exchanges just doesn't happen.

So minus a fruit and a starch, I ate the Red maintenace plan today--so I'll consider myself POP.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #53  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

If you're a fettucini person, go to hungry girl and get the fettucini alfreado recipe. The shiritake noodles count as 2 condiments per package. I've actually grown to like them more than pasta.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Did it again

I love being able to tell myself just one day at a time. I wanted to eat crap today but I told myself that it was just one day and made it through without making a poor choice.
POP 4 days and counting.
I was only down 4 oz but I weighed in 4 hours later than usual and it is TOM (raging TOM I have never felt such strong food cravings)

I think I will celebrate with popcorn. thanks guys, T
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:22 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

I am on day 3 of pop. wooo hooo

Have a good day everyone
Jamiep03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #56  

Me too Jamie! Starting day # 3 of being POP! Feels great and I may even hit 239 before this week is over!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #57  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

POP yesterday & started today off with a nice POP breakfast Hopefully my WI tomorrow will show my hard work...
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #58  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

O.K I have 4 days of POP behind me (even with the Pecan Pie and Stuffing I ate yesterday) !!! Love the Maintenance Plan and the scale was down 1 pound too. Course I was up a few from salty turnip greens over the weekend. I forgot about the salt when I was wolfing them down thinking I was doing good having this OP food. About 1 more to go and I will be down to my lowest (142). I may try to lose some more next spring, but not much more.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 AM   #59  

Awesome Amy! I am shooting for the 230's which will put me at a 4 year low! WOW, DH and I met on November 4th of 2003 and I weighed around 230. So I am excited (and so is he) that I am getting close to that weight again!!

Last edited by bradleys mom; 11-08-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #60  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

ok I'm hesitant to post another POP day bc I just filled in my journal and while everything fits into a slot I'm not sure it was exactly POP. I think I over did it on the fat seeing as I had 1/2 mayo at lunch and then an unknown salad dressing for dinner. It was so yummy so I know it was not good for me. I tried to keep it to a small amount so I'm counting it as 1/2 a fat so that I'm still POP....lol-I know you all don't care but I don't want to cheat! I also think I went a little over on my dairy...hmmm

Regardless-I've been doing really well eating wise despite my extremely stressful week. I am thankful for this challenge bc you have all motivated me to stay on track and be honest with myself!

KEEP it up the weekend is almost here and I can't wait to post a POP weekend!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote