Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:40 AM   #76  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all-
I'm new- I've been reading from afar and thought it was about time to commit.

I've also tried pretty much every diet available and found I wasn't able to stay with them long term, so the Volumetrics approach seems at least more doable. I've read through past blogs from you and got some recipe and dieting ideas, and liked your blog so much that I thought I'd join because I need the support. I've ordered the new Volumetrics book (I read the old one from the library already), and also ordered the Beck book. People have also mentioned the books Mindless Eating and Thin for Life (I don't know which one), but for now 2 new books are enough. I tend to read a lot, and then not follow through.

Any advice is welcome-
thanks, Liz
Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #77  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to our group LIZ and too. You have definitely come to the right place for lots of support as you travel the long and sometimes bumpy road to better health and fitness. So glad to have you with us, Chickie and I do think you will find that the principles of Volumetrics will fit just about any plan you can think of. I really do believe that the secret is finding the individualized regimen that is right for you for the long term. Good Luck . . .

And a great big HI and a for everybody else, too. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. We have another beautiful, mostly sunny and unseasonably warm (70's) kind of day shaping up. Would love to see it continue all the way through to about December 23 -- then snow for Christmas, of course.

See you later, gang . . .
Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #78  
Liz

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm shamelessly posting again to see if I figured the ticker thing out or not.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:09 AM   #79  
Onward and Downward

I think we have a winner . . .

BTW . . . on the 18 pounds you've shed so far.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Hi, ArtCat. Don't forget you can get almost anything you want, bookwise, out of the library. Your ticker looks good.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #81  
Onward and Downward

Me again . . .

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it just never seems to stop. Here's an article I got in my in-box this morning about the lastest 'invention' in the world of tampered-with food. Meet the latest 'nasty' being introduced to replace TransFats . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...fake_fats.html

Obviously the article is aimed at those of us with diabetes -- but unfortuntely it has implications for everybody.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 227/227/200

Happy Tuesday all.

Today is the first day that I felt like I was doing it "right". I have been drinking a ton of water and I am working the evening today and will probably go for a walk when i get home. I made a mini stop at the grocery but still need to pick up a few more staples.

Hope everyone is doing well today.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi ArtCar welcome. I have the Mindless Eating book and would recommend reading when you get a chance. But it's probably a good book to check out from the library.

Busy day at work. I'm having issues getting my elliptical and treadmill delivered. Hopefully they'll come on Friday afternoon. Then another company will have to assemble them. It's been a big headache!

Last edited by teacher1; 10-23-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Last night, I had a really good dinner. Caloric cost was about 600.

Grilled turkey burger on a toasted slice of artisan bread, topped with carmelized onions

Potato salad - taters, onion, lots of celery dressed with Wasabi flavor Gourmayo

Asparagus spears

Spinach salad with onions, orange and red cherry tomatoes

I got a new gas grill, and does it ever do the burgers nicely. I just love it when I have a meal that leaves me happy! No deprivation for me.

I am really sold on ground turkey. I buy it in one pound packages for spaghetti sauce type recipes. I buy the preformed, frozen burgers. The label says they have some sort of flavoring added - what ever it is I like it. I guess I should try making a burger from the one pound package.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #85  
Onward and Downward

Hi everybody . . .
Old 10-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hello everyone,
Well I had a rough day. The treadmill and ellpitical are being sent back. It's been a huge mess and I'm not happy at all with my order. Hopefully, I'll get my credit back to my card and then shop at a local store. I thought it would be fine to order online. I did all kind of research but it's been such a hot mess. I can't even count how many phone calls to various companies: the store, the movers, and the assembly guy. I'm upset but I know everything happens for a reason. I'll keep you posted on my equipment drama. It's helps to vent!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #87  
Onward and Downward

What a shame . . . but you are right about everything happening for a reason. Once this is behind you, you'll probably be much happier with the next purchase.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #88  
Liz

The best laid plans...

Don't use it as an excuse to not exercise in a different way until you finally get the equipment you want. It's easy to feel discouraged. I have a quote posted on my fridge that says "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." I don't know who said it, but it's true.

I did pretty well today eating-wise, but not exercise-wise. I'm looking into exercise band stuff- it's easy and convenient, so maybe I'll actually do it.

Time to feed the cats- they're harassing me! BTW, they're fat, too, so I have them on diets! And my husband!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #89  
Onward and Downward

How many cats LIZ . . . I have six, but only one that is getting a little too fat since she was spayed . . . that's Purrecious who also happens to be my avatar. The two older males are okay.

Of course, three of them are still kittens, and about 7.5 months old. Who knows what might happen when they are older.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:24 AM   #90  
Onward and Downward

Morning everybody . . .
Closed Thread