Old 09-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #31  

Decapulet...good job on south beach ! Are you doing alli as well ? i am doing ok with the alli plan. eating like a non dieter and enjoying the results. i just watch the fat and sugar and i feel good. i went to the dr. today and may have to have knee surgery now. the more weight i lose the easier it is going to be. i learned that lesson with my ankle surgery.
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #32  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2gethealthy View Post
Decapulet...good job on south beach ! Are you doing alli as well ? i am doing ok with the alli plan. eating like a non dieter and enjoying the results. i just watch the fat and sugar and i feel good. i went to the dr. today and may have to have knee surgery now. the more weight i lose the easier it is going to be. i learned that lesson with my ankle surgery.
yes i am. it seems to work for me, and i like it. as long as i keep my fat down. alli is back to keeping me honest.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #33  

Hi everyone...been eavesdropping on you all for a couple of days and finally decided to say hello...I have been doing WW's off and on for a long time now and took the summer off from dieting..I was just plain tired...so now have a new fall commitment and I am adding alli to the mix ....I have been thin most of my life and then added about 10 pounds for every decade over 20 and then with menopause and quitting smoking ...oh and a change in life style...I packed on some pounds....I have lost quite a bit but still have a bunch to go... Hope you all will let me join you and help me like you seem to help each other....
DirtDobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #34  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Hi everyone
Thought I would stop in and say hi. I am starting to think just WANTING to start taking Alli is a curse for me. Every time I set a date something happens.

You all know i have IBS. Finaly, after taking a lot of fat out of my diet, I seem to be having a lot easier time with the IBS.

I was a bit worried about the IBS and the Alli but the doc said I should be fine. I swear, two days before I was going to start the Alli BOOM the IBS kicked in and I can't stay out of the " newly remodeled room " in my house. lol

Does anyone else here have IBS and if so, does the Alli make the IBS worse? I have a hard enough time as it is when these attacks happen. I sure don't need to make them worse. The doc saying " you should be ok " is like someone saying " you will probably look good in that hair cut, it looks good on me. " lol not sure I want to count on it.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-21-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #35  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Rennie, I am just a lurker to this thread but I wanted to let you know that I have IBS and Allie has not bothered it. I am also C- dominate so it might be different if you are D-dominate.

I hope this helps
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:21 PM   #36  
Rennie

Thanks so much. Heck I have no idea about A, B, C, or D. Was told years ago I have IBS and that was that lol.

After this evening at the gym. I am looking around the posts trying to find a laugh.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #37  

Welcome Dirtdobber!! I'm also at that menopause stage in my life.

Update on my hubby! HE IS HOME as of 4 hours ago. He's on oxygen, but we can deal with that. The doctor doesn't think he'll be on it long.

I need to get back in gear!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:54 PM   #38  
Rennie

Tammy
So glad to hear that. Has to be easier for him to be home so you are able to give him the attention you want to. Glad he is getting better.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #39  

dirtdobber and deb...welcome you are right the people on this board are very helpful and we are all in the same boat. dirtdobber great job stopping smoking i've been trying to get my husband to stop for years. tammy i am glad to see that your husband is home, what a relief for your family. shy it is good to see your post. it is raining in ca finally and it feels so nice i love the rain and the clouds they bring !!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #40  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Rennie,

All the C and D mean is constipation and diarrhea. IBS affects different people differently. Mine is IBS-constipation but my mother who also IBS- diarrhea.

I hope this helps.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:08 PM   #41  
Rennie

Oh I am a DDDDDDDDDDDD person lol. No one is even allowed to use the bathroom downstairs but me lol
Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #42  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDobber View Post
Hi everyone...been eavesdropping on you all for a couple of days and finally decided to say hello.
Hi DirtDobbler! welcome to the Ali thread... we have a new one every week, so watch for the new one on Monday.

Sounds like you have been doing really well so far, I find with Alli I lose a half pound to a pound more a week and it helps me not cheat because I don't want treatment effects. It's a great tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
The doc saying " you should be ok " is like someone saying " you will probably look good in that hair cut, it looks good on me. "
but it's your Doctor!! not just someone's uninformed opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Update on my hubby! HE IS HOME as of 4 hours ago. He's on oxygen, but we can deal with that. The doctor doesn't think he'll be on it long.

I need to get back in gear!!!
Hi Tammy, good to hear your DH is home, you'll all have some adjusting to do - I hope everyone is coping well

Hi Alligators... I had another shopping day today, I went out with my daughter to get her 2 gowns for this cruise we are going on in November. There are 2 formal nights and she didn't have anything suitable. I saw lots of nice things for me too, but I'm not going to buy anything until closer to the date... I hope to lose another 10-15lbs by the time we leave. Fingers crossed
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #43  

how exciting thingirl! a cruise and disney paris. how long will you be gone ? my dad just got back from a cruise to alaska ( his first cruise) and he really enjoyed it. 10 - 15 pounds until the cruise, i'll send good wishes to you so it happens.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #44  
Happy New Rears!

Hi got2gethealthy

Alaskan cruises are wonderful, it has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. Did they like the food on the ship??you can gain a lot if you are not careful.

On November 19th we fly to Rome... 2 days there and then our cruise leaves from Rome, we go to Athens, Mykonos, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Cairo and Alexandria and then back to Rome, the cruise is 12 nights. Then from Rome we fly to Paris (2 hour flight) and we go to Disneyland Paris for 4 nights and then Paris for a night and fly home on December 8th. Phew, I'll need a holiday when it's over.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #45  
Rennie

Thin
The doc also told me for years the meds she put me on DID NOT cause weight gain. This was even after I went to a lung doc who said, " well no wonder you have put on so much weight, look at the meds your family doc has you on for your lungs. Everyone of them cause weight gain"

My doc now told me. She really wasn't sure and all she could tell me was, if I wanted to try the Alli to go ahead and give it a try. Can just depend on how the system does with the medication because of the IBS.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-22-2007 at 10:45 PM.