Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #16  

one thing i noticed in the 100 paks of snacks, is how much i would eat right out of the bigger bags !! beck great one pound is one pound. but i do admit i get hicky with myself 2 with only a one pound loss. i have to remember going down the scale (slowly!) is still better than going up.
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #17  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Great job Beck...

I will have to see if I can find those 100 cal packs around here...I have never seen that kind, just the chips/snacks..so this is something to look for

Well I had my 6 month review at work yesterday....it went ok, nothing spectacular. I did get a raise though...ended up with about $1.65 more per hour is how it works out...so that isnt bad. But I am still looking for something different.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Way to go, Still--take anything you can get. I always tell 'em "I'll take that, til you can do better."

Tammy, hope you got him home and settled. Sending lots of good wishes your way.
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #19  
Gettin Closer!!

Beck, that is what I will be saying in a few more months if I dont find something else..lol
Old 09-18-2007, 05:59 PM   #20  

Today the doctor said they hope that Bob will be home by Saturday. I guess they know what they are doing, right? I know that I really don't want him coming home before he is ready to, that's for sure.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:33 AM   #21  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Today the doctor said they hope that Bob will be home by Saturday. I guess they know what they are doing, right? I know that I really don't want him coming home before he is ready to, that's for sure.
Just express your concerns to the doc. Some are eager to let patients go home, because they know the patient wants to go home, and may do better there. But if you think he will be better off staying an extra day or so, run it by them and see what happens.

good morning all! I have started phase one of South Beach, and of course, I have some TE's. Too much bacon. I can see how this diet can get out of control of you're not careful. So it's more salads and less meat for me.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #22  
Gettin Closer!!

Dcap, I know what you mean about "out of control". I think I need to do some "formal" plan rather than just "try to control what I eat" that isnt working at all for me. I think I may do nutrisystem again for a month and see how it goes, I did good on it a few years ago. I dont know....grrrrr
Old 09-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #23  

south beach does have a higher fat count than most diets. i found the 100 cal candy bars at walmart in the bulk candy aisle
Old 09-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #24  

Ladies, I witnessed the after effects of a TE today. I went into one of the rest rooms at the hospital. The very first stall that I passed was nasty. Orange oil stuff everywhere plus other stuff. Aren't you all glad that I knew what I was looking at???!!!! I felt sorry for whoever it was, that's for sure.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #25  
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post
Dcap, I know what you mean about "out of control". I think I need to do some "formal" plan rather than just "try to control what I eat" that isnt working at all for me. I think I may do nutrisystem again for a month and see how it goes, I did good on it a few years ago. I dont know....grrrrr
I had always thought about nutri-system... if you can afford it, and it works, I say go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2gethealthy View Post
south beach does have a higher fat count than most diets. i found the 100 cal candy bars at walmart in the bulk candy aisle
Yeah, I've noticed. But I have borderline cholesterol, and a strong family history of heart disease. (grandpa had 5 heart attacks, although he's still ticking away). I'm watching the fat; somewhat.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #26  

Tammy...gross !! poor lady.. not having an orange oil attack is what keeps me on track!! my sister was on nutra system and said it was really bad. i was going to go to jenny craig, but hubby talked me out of it because of the cost. i have decided that this is what i have to do, watch everything the rest of my life. just like my dad who is diabetic. the only thing i worry about with alli, is i read it only works 6 mo. going to take me longer to lose this weight than 6 mos. but worry about that when the time comes i guess.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #27  
Gettin Closer!!

I have thought about Jenny Craig since it is basically the same as Nutri System, and I have done NutriSystem and it worked, I was only on it for 2.5 months, it was more to get me started, then about a year later I did 1 month of MediFast, that worked too but it was just not quite for me. So maybe I will check out Jenny Craig and see how it goes for a month...I know I want to get back down before the holidays....
Old 09-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #28  
Happy New Rears!

I'm, sorry you're having a hard time got2gethealthy & StillTryin, you have to get back on track somehow.

I think talking with the consultant at Jenny Craig might be a big help. I know talking with my dietitian helps me tremendously. Husbands & family just don't get it, they don't know what I am going through - but to someone like a weightloss consultant you can say anything and vent and share.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #29  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

oops...

Last edited by girl81; 09-21-2007 at 05:59 AM. Reason: double posted by accident.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:51 PM   #30  
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post
So maybe I will check out Jenny Craig and see how it goes for a month...I know I want to get back down before the holidays....
I know exactly what you mean. You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinGirl in FatBody View Post
Husbands & family just don't get it
You know what? I couldn't have said it better. I feel the same way. My husband, friends, and family just don't get it. Either they think I have to be a totally eating angel, or they think I can't ever accomplish the goal. An objective ear and voice are just the ticket.

As for me, I'm doing well on the SBD. I never thought I would be able to go without bread, but I don't miss it. I feel better than I have in ages, and I think there may be a drop on the scale next week. (This week is TOM). I really like it, and can see myself sticking with it. Adding in fruit will be nice next week, but I can wait.