Old 09-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #121  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Had a NSV this morning! 3 weeks ago, I bought a skirt to wear to our school's open house (the meet-and-greet with new students and parents). At the time, the victory was that it was the first non-elastic-waist ANYTHING that I had worn in 10 years. I got up this morning and decided to wear the skirt to church. I put it on and it's HUGE! I'm still wearing it, but I've apparently lost several inches from my waist because I could honestly put DD in here with me and still be able to zip it. (No, I didn't actually try that, but I could if I weren't concerned about traumatizing her for life!!) It just makes me feel really good to have tangible evidence of my success.

Went to WI yesterday and found that the COD was closed to give their employees the whole Labor Day long weekend off. I KNOW that sign was on the door on Wednesday when I went in, but I didn't see it. I didn't mind. I'm sure they need the break as much as I do. I'll have to wait until next Wednesday to see how I've done.

Have a great day, everybody!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #122  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Felicia.........sometimes, victories like that are so much better than sclae victories!!! It is very real when your clothes are too big, isn't it? Congrats......you deserve this........you have been working so hard
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #123  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Yeah Felicia!! Congrats on the best NSV of them all!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Being able to relax inside has been great seeing as it's been over 100 here everyday for the past 5 days!

I'm aiming for a POP day today...and tomorrow....
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Wow! everyone must be celebrating! I am getting ready to head for the mountains and thought I would pop in and say hello. Read through the post last night in between commercials on the football game. Hope you guys didn't see it. Terrible! Usual Tn Football. Oh, I didn't say that.

Kimberly R - Got the tapes and yes I think I am going to love them. TOM is visiting and I feel like I want to kill someone and pain pills haven't kicked in yet so the workout will have to wait.

Katy66 - Grove Park has fond memories for me. That is where my husband took my in December of '87 to propose. He use to be so romantic. Anyway, my DD and a friend of hers still go over every December to see the decorations and the gingerbread houses. Last year I almost didn't get in because it is open to guest only on the weekends during the holiday. I said, "Buddy you better give me a break, I will know next year but I just drove 2 hours across a mountain with 2 teenagers!" He let me in! Love it there. Of course my DD wants to do the spa thing. I told her to start saving her money. It is beautiful! I can't imagine getting to go to the spa there. Hey maybe that should be a reward to me and DD when I reach goal. I will tell her that and maybe she will quit bringing what we have always called fat girl snacks. Of course at 100 pounds, she can eat anything! I have been making her hide them in her bedroom! Ha! Ha!

Felicia - Hope you DD gets calmed down. I was blessed with a mother that took care of mine. She did that all her life as an occupation. I can't imagine having one not wanting to stay. My husband had to deal with the kindergarten thing. That was rough on him. Of course my DD is still the drama queen.

Nicole - oh sewing, how relaxing. Until you have to do it for a living. I use to sew draperies for a local designer. That was a trip. She told me what she had in her head and I had to make it happen. We worked well together until she got a divorce and ran off with someone else. I just quit after that. Tried to work with another decorator and he drove me crazy! Got to finish a backpack for DD when I get home. She wanted a Vera Bradley but they weren't big enought for her to carry her books. So I get to make a look alike without a pattern because she had her own thing in mind. has a draw string at the top. now I got to figure out where I am going to put the shoulder straps, she doesn't want them at the top because of the draw string. Then I have to figure out the right size flap to put on it and then she is taking it for monogramming. The shop saw the last one I did for my niece that was just a plan big bag with a flap they monogrammed for her. That want more but the quilted fabric is so expensive, I didn't think they would pay me for my time and be able to add money for them to make anything off of it. I'll probably end up with $20 materials with the string, D rings, and material in the bookbag. OK quit rambling. Got to get in the shower and get out of here.

hope everyone has a great rest of the holiday!
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #125  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Kim 3- Yay! You know they say that exercise helps with cramps. (If you make it out of bed to do them...)

I cheated last night!!! I ate a small piece of chocolate cake! My weakness! I tried to compensate and counted it as a fruit and starch. I hope I didnt mess up my Labor day goal!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote