Old 08-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #16  
LAWL since 9/06

Afternoon all,

Well as you know Dan is finally home, only to leave again tomorrow. But hey, at least he is in the state. We were so glad to see him and he really does look great. I am very proud of him for the great job he did not only on the fire, but on his WL as well. It takes some strength to resist when you are away like that.

As for me, I was down to 170.0 yesterday, but for some reason I am back up to 172 today. The only thing I can think of is that I had a slice of pizza last night and haven't really drank the water I was supposed to this weekend, so probably have a bit of retention. I will get back to 169, I swear it!!!!

Well, I guess I had better get back to work. Talk to you all later and have a great POP day.

liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #17  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Afternoon! Had a busy, busy weekend and Monday morning at work, but Monday's usually are. My nephew is getting married the end of Sept and my DD and DGN (dear great neice) and a step neice are the flower girls. We spent Sat dress shopping. It was fun but very chaotic since there were 5, count them 5 kids with us. But it was worth it, the dresses are beautiful. Lots going on at work as well which is why I really shouldn't be here but doing that instead Just wanted to pop in and say HI Nicole, Kim2, Liz, Dan, Katie, Joni, Amy, Felicia, Heather, and everyone else out there that I've missed. Have a great afternoon!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Katy!!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Hey Everybody!

I posted in the wrong thread.

Not much going on here. My DD got her hair cut. Short. She's donating to Locks of Love though. So it's short for a good reason. I don't like it though ...

Two more days and the kids go back to school. I was supposed to work on Wednesday, but I switched days with somebody so I can be here when they leave and get home. I will go to WI on Wednesday after they get on the bus.

Hope everyone is having a great POP day!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #20  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

You're a chatty bunch today!

Liz - Same thing here. Up 2lbs since yesterday morning and I too, had a piece of pizza. Guess it's lotsa water for me today and a bike ride tonight. Yay.

Nicole - Same thing about Monday weigh ins. I need to just put that stupid sclae in the closet.

Dan - Welcome back (for now) Good job on keeping as POP as you could way away!

Kims - I'm so jealous you got to meet!

Kristen - What a busy week and great reasons for it!!! I hope your DH doesn't have to have anything too bad done. Having a sore mouth seems to ruin everything. I won't be here to say it then, so Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!!!!!

Laurie - Good luck with the phone. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and spent the whole night entering the 50+ numbers from the old phone only to find out I did it wrong and none of them saved. Now I'm putting in numbers on a need basis... when I need it I put it in. I was cursing myself a bit Saturday night for not having the numbers of people I was supposed to meet up with at that concert. Oh well.

Carrie - I love the new avatar! You're such a cutie! I can't believe you have grown up children!

Pearl - Sounds like you had a great and busy weekend too! Congrats to your DS on his license and birthday! Those pies just sound toooooo good! Sounds like the one I make at Christmas time. Mmmmmm. Hope you're having fun with the new dishwasher. I could use one of those. Ours (me) is getting tired and worn out.

Kimberly - What a great dream... I can't wait until it's a reality for you!

I guess today is my house cleaning day since the trip got postponed to tomorrow. That's good though, because I'd rather come home to a nice clean house after being away. Coming across the border tends to be a bit tiring and I usually just want to flop down on the couch when I get back.

The day with Mini Me was a lot of fun yesterday. We went shopping and spent too much money. Oops. Everyone seemed to have those fuzzy, soft, furry kinds of yarn on sale for $1 so I went ahead and bought a bunch so I can start Christmas presents for people. I haven't knit in a long long time but seemed to pick it right back up again when I started a scarf last night. Since I know a few people who've had babies this year I guess I'll make some sweaters, hats, scarves, etc. for them for the holidays. They live in cold places so those should be welcomed.

Ok, time to get moving on the cleaning. Maybe I'll burn a few calories off and see that evil sclae go back down again before my totally POOP trip to Mexico. It's been shorted since the postponing to just three days :-( That should still be enough of a getaway and for the last three days the no-alarm clock thing has been VERY nice!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #21  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Thanks for the wishes on DH's surgery for his tooth.. We just got home and he is in immense pain and swollen.. so I've cancelled our babysitter and our dinner reservations for our anniversary tomorrow. I'm now in the midst of throwing myself the biggest pity party! I told DH to have the surgery today instead of Friday because our best friends were coming to visit. He didn't want to mess up our anniversary and my bday but I told him it would be horrible to feel like that with friends here. Right when we walked in the door an hour ago she noted me to say they can't come. SIGH
It will take all the will power on this forum to not do some emotional eating this week Nicole can I come to your house???
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #22  
Katy66

Just saw another post and it reminded me that I forgot to tell you guys. When I went to WI on Friday we were told that our COD had been "bought out" by corporate. We had already moved to the numbered plans and I know some of you at corps haven't and probably aren't going to. Should be interesting to see what happens...I don't want to change again Oh, I asked if they were changing their name to Pure WL and the answer was "not yet".

Hey Kim2 - How was the rally? I used to go to those all the time in former life.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #23  
Katy66

Kristen - So sorry your celebration is off.... we are sending you some strong willpower thoughts!

Liza - what are you knitting for us?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Katy-The rally was fun, it was hotter than Hades though. We're not typical Harley people I guess, we dont drink and party. We enjoy seeing the stunt riders and going through the booths of all the vendors. Its fun walking around and seeing all the bikes. Just WAY too many half nekkid womens! LOL
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #25  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Kristen - so sorry DH is feeling so bad but you can get through the anniversery by planning what you can do to celebrate your anniversary when he feels better. Hopefully, it won't take long for him to be back to normal

Liza and Nicole - thanks! (avatar)

DD is still doing well. No more problems thank goodness. DH and I are making a quick trip to San Fransisco September 9-11, have 49er tickets. I'm a little worried about leaving now that this has happened. She is not due until September 22nd and doctor says at this time he doesn't see her having the baby early so hopefully we get there and back before anything happens. The doctor is still wanting her to wait until her due date and have a regular delivery. Being confined to bedrest is driving her crazy though. Doctor is letting her get up a little now and she can get out of the house a little but no walking or standing for very long. She can't cook, clean, wash clothes, or anything like that and she is a clean fanatic so it is going to be a long four weeks. Her DH is doing what he can but no one can clean like she can (so she thinks)

My other three kiddos left for college over the weekend. This will be the first time that they are all gone at the same time. Usually, there has been at least one of them at home. It will take some getting used to, to cook and grocery shop for only two. I can't remember ever doing that. Last year when just my son was home I always cooked way too much for the three of us and had to call oldest DD and DSIL over a lot to help us eat the food. DH and DS don't like left overs so is was find someone to eat it or it was going to get thrown out.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #26  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Kristen- Sorry about all of your screwed up plans! By this weekend, DH should feel good, so maybe you guys can do something fun for your anniversary then!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #27  
Katie

Nicole and Pearl- Your pies sound wonderful!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #28  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Well, I just got a call from the ladies in Mexico. The mourners have left and I've been ordered to get my bum down there ASAP. And bring the vodka.

So it looks like I'm back on schedule for my vacation. TTFN have a POP week!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #29  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Well, ya better be going girl!! Have fun; be safe; report back asap!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #30  
Katie

Have a great time Liza!!!