Old 08-16-2007, 11:43 AM   #31  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Sarah - the meal bars available in the US are not all available here in Canada. You folks have way more to choose from. We have about three flavours here, all Optima.

I wrenched my ankle taking Kodiak for a walk last night so no running or fast exercise for a while.

Hope everyone else has a better day!
Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #32  

Hi all, I'm starting slim fast i've done it off and on in the past. But I was diagnosed with pcos and dr's kept saying low carb but I got really sick on that diet. So I'm back to giving slimfast a try I'll try and eat more fruit and veggies with the plan and maybe this time I'll be able to do it.
Looks like you all are doing well on it!
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #33  

I have a question for anyone-being from Canada we can't get the high protien slimfast products, even some of the newer optima bars aren't available here. I checked on ebay and someone was offering 53 assorted bars for $7.75ish. The only problem was that they were expired, but the seller stated that they are packaged so that they are good for 2 yrs past the exp.date. Is this a load of crap?It seemed like one of those "to good to be true" deals-
Cindy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:56 PM   #34  

I dont live in canada but.
I wouldn't trust that because just today I had a bar that was 1 month expired and it was stale and hard so I didn't even eat it. So they may not be unhealthy but taste like yucko.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #35  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

As the school year starts it looks like it will be possible for me to stay quite close to my plan, so I'm looking forward to some uninterrupted time for workouts and no one but me considering what snack, etc. Absolutely love all my children at each age and love being with them, but elementary school is the most helpful thing on a mother's calendar.

I think it's great that 2muchbackend - Carriewas able to give an answer to Cindy's post within just an hour! Gee! The only thought I'd have about it is that they probably are perfectly fine to eat as the seller says, so the auction would be honest (but the taste would be important too).

Carrie, I hope you feel well and strong with plenty of fresh foods to enjoy!

How's the ankle, Jax? Hopping around again?

Were you able to stick with your plan, mkat?

Have we heard from Tamara in a while? She is always so encouraging.

Wondering if Cheryl has started planning a nursery... ... what fun.

Jax has a new pic! My youngest kiddo always points to bargoo's!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #36  
Getting there...

Hi Whitlin' - as you know I have been ambivalent about the slimfast recently. I've been using the Sonoma Diet cookbook this summer, so bought the diet book and decided to do that instead of slimfast. I like the wholefoods idea and began Sonoma on Friday. So far it's working really well - although I seem to be eating fewer calories than I expected, I'm enjoying the food and not hungry. The new pic is from the 3FC selection, I was going to post a personal one (or one of the cats or dogs) but all mine are too big and I don't know how to make the files smaller. So I just picked a different one I'd not seen before. Variety can be good. Slimfast I like because it is easy, and I have learned lots being on the plan, but I am getting bored of it and not sticking to it well these days.

I'm looking forward to school starting also! I love my kids lots too but this will be the first year I have lots of me time. School starts Wednesday this week for the two oldest, Tuesday next week for the youngest (for some reason kindergarten has a different school year, despite being at the same school). I can go running during the day! Since we've had Kodiak the drive to get up at 5:00 and run has been severely lacking, now it's less hot I plan on running after they go to school in the morning, beginning next week. My ankle healed fast and I've been doing DVD's again, just not much running.

Tamara, I miss you as well, are you away again?

4myself, how's things?

Jax
...not slimfasting anymore but wondering how everyone is doing...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 AM   #37  

Wow, quite a few newbies around here lately!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Jax, I see you're taking a break (or quitting?) Slimfast. I'm sure you'll do well with Sonoma if it's something you can stick with--you seem to have great will power.

Whittlin--nope, no planning yet. I'm not really into the "planning/decorating" thing. I'm a pretty simple (and lazy ) gal!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #38  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm Baaack!

Hi everyone...so sorry to have been MIA for the last couple of weeks. I fell off the wagon so to speak. I've only lost 1 pound in the last 3 weeks, but at least I haven't gained.

My mom has been in town and we've been going nuts trying to get as much planning for the wedding as possible done before she goes back south until March.

I bought my wedding dress and I actually ordered it a size smaller than what I tried on (which was really tight), so I absolutely have to continue losing the weight.

I was 204 this morning and am still hoping for another 1/2 - 1 lb by Saturday WI. Basically I have 9 months to lose 54 lbs...totally doable!

Cheryl: I'm so glad to hear that things are going well with your pregnancy. I can't wait to hear more details as they come available! LOL

Jax: Sorry to hear that SF isn't floating your boat these days, but I hope you'll still come and let us know how Sonoma is working for you. I have been off plan a lot lately, and am actually looking forward to being back on the SF 100%, I feel great when I eat what the plan says to...never hungry...no cravings...lots of energy. But I also know from the last few weeks how easy it is to fall off and stay off. I've been fortunate that my mom and sis have been sending or bringing me the SF bars from the US. Of the Canadian flavours the only ones I like are the Milk Chocolate Peanut and the Oatmeal Raisin...the others are yucky!

Whittlin: I hope you're doing well. Thanks for letting me know you guys miss me. LOL It's so nice to feel wanted. How are things?

Cindy: I probably wouldn't go for expired bars...they're probably gonna be stale...Yuck!

Sarah: I love the US SlimFast site. I use the tools and record everything. I have a list of foods I've entered that is probably about 100 foods so far. I don't know if there is a limit to the amount of personalized foods you can enter but so far I've been able to put in as many as I like and completely tailor my food plan.

Well I'm sorry I've been gone, but I promise to come back regularly again. I need all of your support to get to goal.

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #39  
Getting there...

Tamara - I didn't know you were getting married. Congrats!

I hope you do have a better time than me getting back on plan. After Jasper, where I wasn't on plan much at all, I was looking forward to it too, but just couldn't seem to do it. Hence the back and forth decisions! I actually bought more muffin bars and shake mix, but then was not looking forward to eating them at all. Thus I didn't really get back on plan. I've used the Sonoma cookbook this summer and decided to see what the diet was all about. I started on Friday - there's a fairly restricted first wave (10 days) which I am in the middle of now, and then it's mostly Mediterranean style eating, which I enjoy. It's going well so far, wave 1 is restricted but filling, and I've lost weight since Fri. I'll keep popping in and seeing how everyone's doing, you are my weight loss buddies now!

Jax