Old 08-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Wore a pair if size 6 jeans today!!!!!!!These came out of my closet, I think that is way more satisfying than buying new ones.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #17  

Just dropping by to say HI!

Man, you all are just a bunch of LOSERS!!!

I'm so proud of everyone!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #18  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Way to go Bargoo! I've never had size 6 jeans - but I had UK size 10 at one time, I think that's similar. Not for (way too) many years now. How long before you can use that shoulder again? Way to go on the walking though.

Whitlin' I can only put bananas in a shake if I have other fruit, even then I prefer not to have them. I don't use the chocolate powder (it has artificial sweetner, which I loathe) but I'll have to try cocoa in a vanilla shake.

I'm moving away from the SlimFast - at least for a while. I am finding it difficult to get back into any sort of routine with a new puppy keeping me up at night. I tend to overeat when I am tired and unable to do anything about it (like sleep! ) and I'm just not doing it with the SlimFast right now - too hard to space out through the day. I'm trying to use FitDay (well I am using FitDay) and keep my calories in the 1400-1600 range for the present. Still sticking with healthy choices as much as I can. It hasn't been the best week but I'm not giving up.

4myself how are you feeling?

I hope everyone's feeling great and losing - I'm up a bit but planning on that being VERY temporary!

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #19  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

I fell off the wagon for a couple of days (leading up to TOM). I think I'm up a little, but I'm not even going to weigh until after the weekend when I've had a chance to eat on plan for a couple more days and get to the gym! LOL

Jax: I hope that things work out for you and you can always use SF for a meal replacement if you just don't have time to throw something healthy together.

Whittlin: I hear you on the grocery shopping thing...When I forget to go I'm in a sorry state. No fruit/veggies, no NF turkey, no weight watchers bread (I use that so I can have two slices for the calorie count of one, I'm not big on open faced sandwiches). It's a complete mess if I don't get to the grocery store 3 times a week to stock veggies/fruit!

Sarahsthing: I haven't tried medifast either, but I love the flavour of the Slim-Fast products. I also love the online tools and meal plans, they help keep me on track.

Bargoo: You're amazing and an inspiration!

Cheryl: How are you feeling luv? Is the morning sickness passing? Is everything else passing? LOL I hope you're doing great...won't be too long and you'll be able to feel baby moving. I remember at first I thought it was kinda like butterflies...by week 30 I'd have given anything to have that little tickle back! LMAO

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:45 PM   #20  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

hey all glad to see everyone is doing well AF left on Tuesday and it took until yesterday for all of the water weight and what not to leave. I'm back down to 193 as of last night. we're in a tight spot financially right now so it'll be wednesday or so before i can get more slim fast. Until then I"m trying to just stay light, watch my intake, double up on water and exercise...
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #21  

Hey Tamara and Jax!

I'm doing better--the morning sickness has been almost gone the past three days--I'm hoping it's gone for good

I've been taking stool softeners twice a day now for around a week AND eating fiber cookies before bed every night. Things are "smoothing out" wonderfully. Ya know, I think that the constipation may have been causing some of the nausea, since they both went away at the same time, but who knows?

Tamara, I'm sure it's just water weight! I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised at weigh in!

Jax, how IS the puppy? Are you trying to crate train? That may cut down on some of the sleepless nights.

mkat: Sounds like you have a plan 'till you can get back OP. I'm sure you'll do fine!

Cheryl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237.6/209/150

I didn't realize SF worked so well. I have been doing it this week but with a new baby my sleep is so messed up, I am not sure about it. However, when I weighed myself today I lost 3.2 lbs.
I started Walk Away The Pounds ~ it is so much easier to do at home walking with a newborn.
sarahsthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #23  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

sarah, is that 3.2 lbs in one week? wow...
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:29 AM   #24  
Getting there...

4myself - puppy is getting more used to us. We are crate training him - our other dog, Smoky, sleeps in his crate at night and when we are out. Kodiak is getting more used to his, I put him to sleep in there every day for an hour after feeding. He doesn't fuss as much as he used to.

2lb gain this week . I know the reasons so it's not as bad as an unexpected one. I changed my ticker because I want to be reminded! Working harder for that August goal now.

Hi to all,
Jax
Old 08-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #25  

I just have a question about the slimfast plan?
The website says .....
1 meal combo
1 meal on the go
1 senible meal
4 fruits/ veggies
3 snacks
.... this is for the 171-200 lbs.
Does the fruits/veggies count as snacks or are they in addition to snacks? And how can I figure out the approx. calorie count?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #26  
Getting there...

Smile

sarasthin - I'm not sure which slimfast site you're using, but if you follow the US (slimfast.com) one including snacks and meals it gives you a calorie count for the day. You can substitute if you don't like what they suggest for you. I think some of the fruits/veggies are part of meals, others as snacks. Looking at what it recommeds for me (at 177lbs) I would say that the fruits and veggies are included in the other sections.

If you're not using the slimfast.com site for your meal plans, you can use a site like fitday.com or thedailyplate.com to track your calories. I use fitday and have entered the slimfast stuff as custom foods on there. Tamara's the expert on the slimfast.com site and plan, she's a way better resource than I am.

On another topic I ate one of the slimfast meal bars for lunch today - "Rich Chocolatey Brownie". YUK! I bought this flavour because I don't like peanuts and all the other ones in the store were peanut. I thought the bars would be more convenient on vacation but then never had one. I won't be buying those again. Now I have 5 more to think of what to do with! I hate throwing them out but don't know if I can stomach them!!

I am doing a 180° from last week and going back to the slimfast plan (shakes only though - no meal bars). Even though I don't always have two slimfast products a day (this morning I made my own smoothie for breakfast using whey protein, milk, yoghurt, flax seeds and blueberries) I need the structure of the plan. Last week was a disaster! Not just because the scale moved the wrong way, but because I felt yucky too. Not just tired. I ate too much.

On another point the new jeans I bought Sat. are two sizes smaller than the ones I am wearing! Wow!!!!

Jax
Old 08-13-2007, 09:31 PM   #27  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

I don't believe I've ever had a pair of size 6 either! Way to go, bargoo.

Jax, frankly I'm glad you are back to the SF concept. I almost want to say "relieved" which may sound silly. The word "structure" is the right one - I know how losing structure can mess things up. Suddenly there are pitfalls to avoid and a lot of decisions, and if life gets complicated at all it can be hard to make progress. You can still substitue as much as is helpful.

Sarah, if you register as a member at slimfast.com there are all kinds of helps similar to what you are looking for. You can go into the meal plan then and scroll down and get the exact calories, etc. You can substitute and it will calculate for you (I would probably never have a day without substitufions but I think Tamara sometimes sticks right with it). I have the impression fruits count for snacks.

So glad to hear Cheryl that you are more comfortable.

I'm so glad to hear others need 3 trips to grocery per week, too!!! We have a busy household and I don't want to keep my healthy foods away from my family, hoarding them!!! That's counterproductive. But very often the good fruits etc. are gone quickly in this hot weather - everyone looks forward to them.

Sandwiches - I use one slice of bread and cut it in half for a half sandwich like the picture at SF shows, then I pile it high with lettuce as an add-on to my turkey or egg salad or whatever. When I have this with a SF shake blended with fruit I consider it lunch plus snack of fruit.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:39 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

jax congratulations on the jeans. good job.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #29  
Getting there...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Whitlin'. I will be substituting lots - I have done all the time. I use the plan as a guide anchored in the slimfast meals, rather than really following it. At least that's what I've been doing since discovering fitday. The ironic thing (irony loves me) is that I don't always use 2 slimfast products per day - I have been making subs (like protein powder shakes with DH) for quite a while. And I do count calories - I put the slimfast stuff into fitday and use it there. The slimfast plan structure is the helpful part though.

Scale is moving the way I want it to today. Yippee.

As for grocey trips - I would love to have fewer, since it's a 40km drive into town. But sometimes I just get DH to pick stuff up on the way home. I try to get veggies at the farmer's market on Sat. - the various Hutterite colonies sell awesome produce, but it's the fruit that gets eaten fast around here.

Have a great week everyone (I know it's Tuesday, I'm just a little behind)

Jax
Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #30  

Smile Thanks

Thanks everyone,
I looked on the site and did not like what they gave me. I did not take the time to sub things out. I do not vary much on my food during the day so it should be easy to play with the site.
JAX - I eat the bars and you are right the rich chocolate brownie is gross, but not all bars are like that. Some places you can buy just one bar, it is a little more expensive then the full boxes but you can taste them without wasting 5 bars. Around here the 6 bars are @ $5.66. And one is $ 0.97. It just gives a chance to taste them.