Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #151  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

I show purple as - but not sure which #....
P3, V4, F3, S3, D2, Fat2
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #152  

Amy - Your new plan looks just like the old green, the only thing being that now the protein portions are smaller and maybe you get a bit more starch if 2 slices lite bread = 1 Starch? If I remember from my first go round with LAWL, Green was the same portion sizes as Gold, but the servings you mention and a very restricted food list - no limited proteins or starches as they used to call them.

I'm 16lbs from my goal of 150 also, so it looks as if my COD does get the new plan, it wouldn't be much of a difference from the old Gold?

With regard to the weight gain, I think Cassi has hit the nail on the head. It's possible that the switch to additional starches/fiber rich foods is causing a temporary water weight gain - something to do with carbs and glycogen stores and how our body uses water. IMO, I think it must be temporary water weight because I can't imagine that the plan change is such a big jump in calories, at 1lb=3500 cals, to cause the 2-5 lb gains.

I have to say that the new plan seems similar to what I've seen of WW Core - I could be wrong, I'm only basing this assumption on what a friend is eating on Core.

I know that a lot of nutritionsts believe we should get at least 25 grams of fiber a day for health reasons and it helps you feel full - maybe reason for new plan moniker?

Thanks everyone with the new plan for posting all this info. I wish I had some good stuff to share!

Melissa

Last edited by videochick; 07-18-2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: edited for spelling
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:12 PM   #153  

Height: 5'2"

From my limited knowledge of the new plan and hearing stories from existing clients of LAWL, I think it is possible that people are too used to saving their servings and eating too much for dinner and after dinner. How many calories does one person burn that late in the day or when you are sleeping? I think that the strategy should be to eat big in the am and at lunch. I know this is a drastic change for some people especially those people who formally skipped breakfast or ate very little in the am. I, for one, have tried to follow Bob Greene and Oprah's advice and not have anything to eat after 7:00 pm or within 3 hours of bedtime. Maybe it takes up to 2 weeks, for some people to figure out how to get all the food in early enough in the day. This is especially true to those on plan 3 or 4.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #154  

Default I got the new plan!

I'm on 3... I'm very excited about the 4 starches, but my book only lists bread, cereal, crackers and snacks. Does that mean that pasta and rice are out?

Also, my protein is limited to fish, poultry, shellfish and lean veal. No beef or pork. Is that what everyone else on 3 has?

The COD told me that people have been having great success with this plan, losing about 3 pounds per week. Also, she said I'd stay on it for 4 weeks, and at the end of that time it would be up to me if I wanted to continue with this plan, or go back to purple w/lites. I can't wait to see how things go...
WITeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:33 PM   #155  
tzulover

S/C/G: 223 / 189 / 145

Height: 5'1

WIT -- did you get the "menu plan kit" with your #3 diary? Lots of starches are listed, but under the column were you aren't to have them too often.... According to my counselors - the caloric amount is the SAME as the old plans, just stuff is divided differently. With a few new things we can partake of too.

laura
tzulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #156  

Yup, they gave me an LA Express menu plan kit with my #3 diary. The counselor told me that there were fewer choices, and never said anything about any other starches that aren't in this book. It just lists breads (9 choices listed), cereals (4 choices - but she told me Kashi 1/2 cup is a starch), crackers (5 choices listed) and snacks (popcorn and rice cakes listed). It doesn't list the daily servings in the menu plan kit, just in the #3 diary. Did I get the same as everyone else on #3?

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #157  

Hey Teresa question for you,
We go to the same COD right? When I asked on Monday about implementation of the new plan they told me 2 or 3 more weeks because they were waiting for their supplies. I am currently on gold with lites. Boy, this has me really confused because several weeks ago I was told that at my center gold clients would be given the plan first. Also I was there weighing in today. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I am not eligible to do a TO. Does the four week LA Express have a TO as part of it?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #158  

Well, the counselor I saw today said that everyone wouldn't be getting it for a couple more weeks. Maybe because I've been stuck for a few weeks at about the same weight? Maybe they felt sorry for me? I don't really know why...

It does say that you CAN use TO once you reach your third week, and can be used every 14 days... Nothing saying you have to use TO... So, your guess is as good as mine as to why they gave it to me and not you.

Please let me know when you do get it which plan kit they give you. It doesn't sound like they gave me the same as everyone else is getting, so I'm just curious if they gave me the wrong kit, or if there's a reason they gave me this kit.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #159  

Thanks for the info Teresa. Good luck to you and I hope this gets you unstuck. I am going out of state on Friday so I probably will not be back there until Tuesday.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #160  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 229.6/ticker/145.0

Height: 5'8"

Hi Teresa and Lynn. I just joined LAWL today (same Junction Rd center as you)!

I dont officially start until Monday since I cant get back in for program explanation until Tuesday (because they are booked up on Fri, Sat & Mon).
I am disappointed by that. I wanted to start right away.

Anyways, I will let you know what plan they put me on Tuesday. Since I am a newbie, maybe I will get the new plan??
SummerLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Well I did a total cheat today. Guess I was annoyed about gaining 1.5 lbs from teh menu change so I decided well wahts the difference if i eat this YUMMY cheese cake , I had half and I may pay for it but i figure well they switched me and what the heck, I know sham sham . I have NEVER cheated 1 since i started until today.
I am irritated about the change causeing a gain and I am upset I have followed the rules. I did what they said , they never said this could happen so I wonder if she is trying to "keep me quiet " by telling me what ever she feels like or if its true. I am sure I will regret this piece of cheese cake, but right now I am so bugged by this.

If its not broke why fix it, and if your fixing it lay all the info on the line what will happen what might happen instead of saying here you go and not warn you of anything. I guess I am a big cry baby cause they did not lay it all out in black and white. Guess I think there was some dishonesty/ or partial truth there that i did not get.
I guess I am in the its not working mode the past 2 days.

Sorry if i bring anyone down

have a good night!!!
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 PM   #162  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Lynn - I think you are probably right about saving the food to the end of the day. I'm definetely having trouble getting all my food in. Not only do I get 4 starches now, 2 slices of lite WW count as only one. You can have a sandwich for lunch and still need to get in 3 more starches. I won't know the outcome of my first week on new plan until Friday but so far my home scale is showing down slightly.

Melissa - It is JUST LIKE ww core. My mom did that years ago and this is so much like what she ate. Hey it worked for her then so I'm going to assume it will work now.

Steph - Hate that you are so discouraged. Just put your cheesecake indiscretion behind you and focus on your goals. I'm sure you will find some success and if the new plan just absolutely doesn't work for you I'm confident they will work with you to go back on your purple plan. Heck, if they don't you know what the plan is...just switch back on your own. I would give the new a good chance though!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #163  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Hi all!
I just was put on Plan 3 the other day (I was formerly Purple w/ Lites). I tried to eat all of those starches yesterday, but considering that I have a hard time getting my 2 in, trying to get 4 in (and some of the starches I ate previously that counted as 1 now only count as a 1/2) was impossible. I think that I am going to stick with my Purple w/ Lites and ask to continue on the old program (I'll go to Gold w/ Lites in about 10 pounds). I just thought I'd say that it is a WHOLE LOTTA FOOD, and for me, I wasn't really doing the Carb Cravers before, so while someone who was using CC's a lot probably isn't feeling the big difference (since there are no more CC's, you just count them as they are and most CC's had a lot of starches involved) -- for me, I did well on Atkins (referring to Cassi's post) and I did/do very well on the lower starches program. I'm down almost 30 pounds at this point, and I haven't had a "true" (other than TOM or sometimes that sodium got me on vacation) gain since I started - I am certainly NOT going to start now b/c they've changed THEIR program. I agree with the girl before and if I have to, I will do the old program on my own, but continue to weigh in and keep a journal...I'll just pretend like I'm really flaky and never remember to bring my journal to WI!!
Can't wait to hear others experiences on the new plan...
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #164  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Feel Full Menu - Purple

Snowdogs: I pulled my information for the purple plan from katy66's post on pg 8 of this thread. Does someone have other information for purple?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=116726&page=8
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #165  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Amy – the plan you emailed to me, on page 3 it says “Congratulation! It’s week five & you are on the road to success.” Do you know what plan they have people on for the first 4 weeks? Maybe it’s the plan Teresa got which is more limited. Just a thought.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote