Old 05-08-2007, 09:22 PM   #31  
Amy

Hmm...only seem to be on the West coast! Thanks for all the suggestions!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Jersey - I'm on the east coast and I get them. You can also give the information to your store manager and see if they'll order them.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 143/135/125

Height: 5'0

Thanks for posting that question Amy. Great ideas. I think I will try to make the smoothies tomorrow.
saranacbnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #34  
Amy

I am thinking of posting one just for smoothies, as summer is approaching! I did the Mango and orange one from the cookbook, VERY good. I like drinking it on the way to work.

Today I had a Special K waffle with cream cheese and jelly on it. It is without a doubt the BEST tasting thing I have had in a LONG time! I highly recommend!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:15 PM   #35  
Jenn, mama to Micki

My favorites:

- One slice WW light bread, toasted, 1.5T peanut butter, half sliced banana and usually a piece of fruit on the side: 1S, 1/2P, 2Fr

- Alternative bagel, 1.5T peanut butter, piece of fruit, 8oz 1% milk: (1S, 1/2P, 1Fr, 1D)

- Smoothie
8oz milk
4oz OJ
banana
1 cup (+ or -) of FROZEN smoothie-mix fruit (strawberries, mango, pineapple)
1 scoop of whey protein powder (I can't do soy)

This makes a YOOGE smoothie, so I just drink one large glassfull and save the rest for my hubby and daughter. They share the other half of the recipe.

I count it as 1D, 3Fr, 1/2P. I like doing this b/c I make sure I get my fruit in early AND I don't have to use a starch. Plus, it keeps me pretty full.
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #36  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Today I had a Special K waffle with cream cheese and jelly on it. It is without a doubt the BEST tasting thing I have had in a LONG time! I highly recommend!

Amy, I would be lost without the Special K waffles. I haven't had bread for breakfast in months. Plus, peanut butter seeps through the bread, it doen't seep through the waffle.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #37  

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

I had the best breakfast today. When I went to weigh in yesterday they had a recipe for Pumpkin Cake. It counts as 1 veggie and 1 starch. I didn't have a bundt pan so I made mufins out of it and they are YUMMY! Plus I have breakfast for the week !

Pumpkin Cake
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 can pumpkin
2 tbs cinnamon

Mix only these ingredients put in bundt pan-I used muffin tins

Bake 45-60 minutes @ 350 degrees

1 large wedge of cake= 1 veggie and 1 starch
tosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #38  

Hello LAWL people, I'm still looking for the best weight loss program for me. Can anyone tell me about the new 8 week weight loss plan?
Thanks

Thinny
thinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:45 PM   #39  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

This morning, I had the Broccoli Omelet Bake that they had on the Breakfast in Bed for Mother's Day sheet and it was AWESOME! Just my 2-cents! Hope everyone had a good day!

BTW, "Thinny" - there is actually a thread someone put up a while back that details the whole "8 week makeover" thing for LAWL. If you search, you should find it - it was only a short while ago, and they did a really good job detailing it (I think it was TN Dreamer) -
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #40  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Here's the link to that thread (hope I did this right -have not done it before!)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110668
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM   #41  
Jill on LAWL

S/C/G: 192/157/155

Height: 5'4"

Tosha, When you made the pumpkin cake, did you only use the three listed ingredients (dry cake mix, pumpkin, spice)? Also, did you use the 15 oz. pumpkin or the bigger can? How many pieces/serving? Sorry to be a pain, but I got the ingredients and wanted to make this correctly. It sounds good! Thanks, Jill
Jillibean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #42  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Alternative Bagel is by Western Bagel Company. They are 110 calories and (I think) 7g fiber. They are a little smaller than a big bagel, but they are still a nice size. I get them at Publix (my grocery store). You can go to their website (westernbagel) and see if they sell them in your area, or you can order them, but you have to pay shipping.
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but after looking through my maintenance book, I noticed that bagels (which are one of my favourite starches!) count for more on maintenance! 1/2 a regular bagel counts as TWO starches, and a full mini bagel or half a small Lenders type (whatever that is) count as a full starch instead of half! But on the other hand, reduced fat bread counts for less on maintenance for some reason; two slices count as a starch! Crazy dieticians, I'll never understand the reasoning behind some things.
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Sarah - My COD e-mailed the LA Dietician for me (before I had access to LA Online) and confirmed that the Western Bagel brand is indeed one starch, athough limited like other bulleted items in your program book. They also weigh 1 1/2 oz., and in your book, 1/2 bagel, or 2oz bagel counts as 1S. So enjoy!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #44  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

We must have different books, because nothing is bulleted in mine.

Also, I was referring to the maintenance booklet, called Free to Live: Maintaining for Life Food Guide. So for now, I'm still following my regular blue plan, which says 1 starch per 1/2 bagel. But some serving sizes and exchanges change when you go on maintenance, so you get more of some things and less of others. Like most things on LAWL, I'm sure maintenance is done differently at different CODs, and the corporate vs. franchise thing probably comes into play as well. Just figured I'd give everybody a heads up though, just in case... I know I was sad and shocked to find out about the bagels
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #45  
Can I be thin?

Default LA Online

Cassi,
How do you have access online? I looked at the website and I do not see that option. I think this might be something I would be interested in.
canibthin is offline   Reply With Quote