Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 02-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #1  
stremblay

Question Question about that Scale!!

All, I have a question for you guys, I was wondering if you feel that you are obsessed with that scale, I use to hate that scale, but Jorge says you should only weight yourself, once a week, I have a problem with that , I can weight myself up to 3 times a day. Sometime I Have to put the scale away because I get depress about it, I Have 3 scales,

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated or even your experience with that scale..
Old 02-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Default Scale tips

Are you home during the day?

I really don't know how I quit stepping on the scale. I'm at work all day so I weigh myself in the morning when I get ready for work. I know I will weigh more at the end of the day and especially after a workout so I just don't look. I also read that you weigh less after a warm shower and before you've eaten anything for the day so it made the best sense to pick that time of day.

I have a love-hate relationship with my scale... when it tells me results I don't want to see, I quit weighing myslef until I know I'm back on track.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #3  
MEL

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'2

I weigh myself daily. I do it right before I get in the shower in the morning and I don't weigh again until the next day at the same time. I personally think that weighing everyday is too much, but it helps me to keep going.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #4  
stremblay

I am glad to read this, I thought it was me, I feel obsess with it sometime, I work, so I weight myself when I first get up, get home at 5:30pm , weight myself before supper and after my shower, but I am glad to know I am not the only one. I know what you mean about the love and hate relationship with that scale.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #5  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

I just go by how my clothes are fitting. I don't own a scale, but once a month or so when I'm really curious, I use the scales at my university. They have them right in the hallways for everyone to use. Even by the snack machines....
Old 02-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #6  

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I love it! We were laughing in an earlier thread about how the Lane Byrant in my mall is located directly across from a sub and ice cream shop called "The Chocolate Factory" and another person said their Frederick's of Hollywood was right across from Modern Maternity!

This is much better!
Old 02-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #7  
Whip It Good

See - here is the thing. At one time I would weigh myself constantly. When I woke up before I peed. Then again after I peed (I once peed more than 2 lbs - how is THAT even possible?!?!). Then every time during the day that I would pee (At that time I drank about 120 oz of water - that is a lot of peeing) and again after I peed. It got so ridiculous - I made myself insane.

I like to weigh myself once a day. Keeps me focused. I have made a deal with myself that I may only weigh in the morning - I still sometimes indulge the desire to weigh before and after peeing. But only that one time during the day. If I waiver - I make Dh hide the scale. SInce I have my new scale I am doing just fine.

I also always measure because the scale will fail me at some point.

Don't let yourself get nutty. It doesn't REALLY matter how often you weigh. What matters is what you do withthat information - how you react. If you feel yourself getting nutty - cut a deal wit yourself to stop.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #8  
Bren from NC

I allow myself two WI a week depending on the results. I try to WI on Monday mornings when I get to work. If I'm up, I ponder on the reason why, then when I think it should be back to normal, I WI again. This also helps to let me to recognize if I need to cut back on the eating out or increase the exercise. You could start off challenging yourself to only weigh x number of times. Let x be a little less than what you do now and gradually decrease.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

I really got over my craziness with the scale by using Weight Commander. You weight yourself everyday & record it everyday. I've used it for years. The one thing you learn by daily weighing is how unimportant the daily weight is. It's the trend over the long haul that means something.

Lynn
Old 02-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #10  
Lifetime Loser

I agree with Lynn, I also use the Weight Commander and she is right the daily weight is not that important. I have learned to not worry about it and know my ups and downs and not to panic when I go up 3 lbs....it will usually be gone the next day depending on what I ate the day before.

Phyllis
Old 02-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #11  

I use it as motivation- whether it's up or down. Either way, I have work to do to keep it the same or get it lower. I agree that the scale isn't a real indicator. I have been 140 and a size 6. I have also been 140 and a size 10. Body composition is the key!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:30 AM   #12  

Personally, I use the scale only on sunday morning. I know that during the week, your weight can go up and down, so I stick to Sunday to see the progress of one entire week. When I do weight in during the week, either my weight is more then the previous sunday depressing me, or it's higher motivating me. But then again, if I'm unlucky by the time I weight in officially on sunday, my weight is back down, it's depressing.

So for me, it's sticking to one day to avoid the ups and downs in motivation.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #13  
Lifetime Loser

I weigh myself once a day first thing in the morning. It helps me to stay focused!
Old 02-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #14  
Susan hockeyfan7

I weigh every day, same time, in the same style of clothes. My scale is in the basement (I have a big one like you have in your doctor's office) and I'm not tempted to weigh any other time -- I'm too lazy to go down 2 flights of stairs and back up.

I read an article in some healthy living magazine they had in the gym this morning. They did a study at a university with 600 people who were losing weight. 300 of them weighed every day and the other 300 did not. At the end of the study, which lasted several years, the 300 who weighed every day had lost more weight and had kept most of it off -- they only gained back on average no more than 5 lbs. The other group did not lose as much weight and had gained back closer to 14 lbs.

I read another study on the same topic that found that people who do not weigh every day were 72% more likely to gain back weight then those who do.

And a 3rd study that was looking at thin women who stay that way found that one of the things they did faithfully was to weigh every day. If they were up a few pounds, they watched their food intake and got it back off quickly instead of allowing it to pile up.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #15  
Bren from NC

Susan, I would have to say that you bring about some quite interesting information. I can see how it would make sense. Hmmm, I might have to start weighing more often.