Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/232/135

Height: 5'2

Default please help me! Why can't I do this?!

I REALLY need to lose weight and I'm so... disscouraged, HOW have I gotten so big?!
I feel gross and I hate looking in the mirror, I don't want any photos taken I'm so embarrassed.
I DON'T want to go to our x-mas gathering looking like this.
I feel like I have no self control, I'm an emotional eater, is there a hidden reason why I have no self control? I want this so bad but some how I end up eating and eating and eating!!!
I need a serious buddy maybe with similar stats?
I'm 5'2 and 217 and goal is 130
Old 08-15-2005, 10:05 PM   #2  

I totally know what you mean. I hated the way I looked with all this weight. I was always thin up until 5 years ago, when I gained all this weight. Since 2 months ago I really started cracking down on my weight.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:41 PM   #3  
is super! (:

S/C/G: 247/216/190

Height: 5'11

whenever im about to eat something not good for me, i just pause and think 'is this 30 seconds of sugary goodness, worth my health & happiness?' no. it isnt. when youre about to supress youre emotions with food, think that.. try to do these things instead of eating;

- write poems
- paint
- sleep (if the timing is right)
- talk it out with a friend, family member or even pet
- get an online diary, and put a password on it if you dont want the public to read it, get out your innermost frustrations with words
- SCRIBBLE REALLY HARD on some paper (it does more than youd think)

weigh the pluses & minuses of eating that junk food. the pluses will always overcome! once you get in the habit of supressing your emotions this way, eating wont be the first way in your mind.

hang in there

<3 cat
Old 08-17-2005, 02:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Hi there Amanda! We have a lot in commmon. I could have written your post almost exactly. I am5' (on a good day ) and have a similar goal in mind and really the same questions about why I am where I am physically. I am 203 lbs today but have been as big as 227 in the past. If you would like to read my longer bio here's the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=61837&page=3
I am also breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and wearing my babe who is named Logan -- good name . He is 5 months and I have a dd Julia, age 6, and ds Beren, age2.5.

Hope you are having a successful day!

Sara
Old 08-18-2005, 03:00 AM   #5  

My advice may not be appreciated nor wanted, but I am going to throw my two cents in anyway.

I understand not being happy with how you look or feel. After all, those are probaly the two main reasons for losing weight. But I cannot understand how you or anyone could look in the mirror and say "I'm disgusting." Don't do that to yourself! That has got to be painful. There are enough people in this world who will talk about you that you do not need to talk about yourself.

I am a BIG fine Beautiful woman. I was HOT at 246 and I am sizzling at 230 and I will be scorching at whatever weight I drop to. I'm not saying be so content with your weight that you don't try to change it...but don't be so hard on yourself. Don't deny yourself a Christmas party because of your weight.

Ok, that's my two cents, yell if you want to, lol.

Last edited by Universityprincess; 08-19-2005 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universityprincess
My advice may not be appreciated nor wanted, but I am going to throw my two cents in anyway.

I understand not being happy with how you look or feel. After all, those are probaly the two main reasons for losing weight. But I cannot understand how you or anyone could look in the mirror and say "I'm disgusting." Don't do that to yourself! That has got to be painful. There are enough people in this world who will talk about you that you do not need to talk about yourself.

I am a BIG fine Beautiful woman. I was HOT at 246 and I am sizzling at 230 and I will be scorching at whatever weight I drop to. I'm not saying be so content with your weight that you do try to change it...but don't be so hard on yourself. Don't deny yourself a Christmas party because of your weight.

Ok, that's my two cents, yell if you want to, lol.

You are so right! It does take a huge change in attitude sometimes though to see yourself in a beautiful light. That is one reason why the support of wonderful people helps so much -- like the ladies here!!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Positive self talk is definitely key... Have you read Dr. Phil's book... or any other self help book there is a LOT of help out there including here ... So keep posting find a niche in 3FC and you will overcome, I promise, but you must be willing to help yourself... Start with being positive and being your own very best friend, you would never EVER say to your best friends ''You look GROSS I don't know how you can look in the mirror!'' well, don't tell yourself that either ...

Take care and keep posting...
Old 08-18-2005, 03:14 PM   #8  

Default help

[COLOR=Indigo] I really understand even though I am smaler ..sometimes we have less to lose but its harder. Have you found a local supot group like WW or TOPS or even CURVES? Or maybe a friend who can help you the buddy system works so well. But feel free to message me if you just need a boost. I am sure i speak for everyone were here for you.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Here's my tip. Go get a big bottle of cold water or a diet pop and pull up a chair. Go to the top of the page and choose 'three fat chicks on a diet weight loss community'. Scroll down and read all the headings and subheadings of threads. Read everything that looks interesting. When you've had a good peruse of everything these forums have to offer, go back to the top and click on 'new posts'. Just keep reading. Read or answer any posts that appeal to you. You'll find folks who are sympatico.

I highly recommend the exercise accountabilty threads. People just like you and me do this everyday!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
Here's my tip. Go get a big bottle of cold water or a diet pop and pull up a chair. Go to the top of the page and choose 'three fat chicks on a diet weight loss community'. Scroll down and read all the headings and subheadings of threads. Read everything that looks interesting. When you've had a good peruse of everything these forums have to offer, go back to the top and click on 'new posts'. Just keep reading. Read or answer any posts that appeal to you. You'll find folks who are sympatico.

I highly recommend the exercise accountabilty threads. People just like you and me do this everyday!
Ditto on that one SusanB This is a great place for support!!
Closed Thread