Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:06 AM   #1  

Default ~Newbie~ Need to be inspired and need a buddy!

I am on my way back on a diet, I did pretty good on South Beach Diet, hit a few snags and went on and off for 8 months, gaining a toal of one size back. 15lbs I think? Is that a size? It must be because my middle button to my coat is tight and I can not seem to sit down.

I know this is a major self esteem problem for me, and I am very harsh on myself. You know the type that has to look in the mirror 3 times before heading out making sure my butt did not expand.

I was a very healthy weight my whole life, hit a few bumps in life and the pounds came on. I am so ready to get to my goal weight, and try not to let anything emotional set me off. I do not understand it, but at some point it seemed that eating was my only pleasure in life.

I was on medication before which made the situation worse, went off and the weight slowly came off, not really dieting, but I started SBD about a year ago got down to a 16 /18 and now a 20 again wearing 1x shirts.

Not sure how much I weigh but I do not like "NOT" having confidence. I love my face but hate my body. I am seriously babbling now...

I started 3 days ago (back on the wagon after 8 months of yo-yo ing)! and I am using meal replacements.

My diet is basiclly counting calories. I eat oatmeal for a snack, not steel cut oats but the old fashion by Quaker.

I am trying to stay in between 1200-1400 a day and exercise 300 calories from that. I am using a machine that tells me how many minutes= how many calories burned.

Even though I eat one meal a day, I try to limit pasta, but eat mostly brown rice as my startch.

I am really looking for a buddy to chat with, online and offline and one that is willing to explore a varity of diets with me, slimfast or any type of meal replacment bar, SBD etc.

Thank you

Last edited by Digital Girl; 05-02-2005 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:46 AM   #2  

BTW, can I do a mock SBD?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:30 AM   #3  

Thumbs up hey just replying

Hi i just joined this website tonight.. i also have major issues with weight.. i used to be a size 9 junior about a year and a half ago.. then have gained weight for strange reasons am now around a size 14 on average...my weight is 215 pounds!!! sounds really bad to admit it... but also am 5'10", well anyways i also need someone to talk to about weight loss and stuff.. reply okay!!
Old 05-03-2005, 04:34 AM   #4  

hi iv just joined too,im just starting my first day on the slimfast plan as i have tried all the other diets going and it seems if can eat the food i eat more of it thats why i thought if i could go with something that was controlled and already counted maybe it could work,iv got about 70lbs to lose but ill take it in stages maybe 7lbs at at time ,anyways im babbling hope to chat to yous girls soon!!
Old 05-04-2005, 02:18 AM   #5  

Hi Ladies,

That is awesome perhaps this thread can be our new "group"
Quote:
if can eat the food i eat more of it
You are so right on!!! Me too, so I am sort of doing a South Beach "phase 2" on my meals. I eat a meal replacment for breakfast and lunch and do one meal a day.

If I do get really hungry and eat a small sandwich with only 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of ham. So far with burning calories I have been able to stay under 1200-1400 a day.

Can you believe that I burned 600 calories yesterday doing 40 minutes of a work out. I am so glad I am off of work for a few days because I could not move!!!

LOL

Me too about 70lbs to lose, but I am shorter than 5"10 ...

Look forward to hearing from you ladies again!
Closed Thread