Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:49 AM   #1  

Default hey everyone!

i'm jenn, a 28 year old sahm of 2 girls, 2 and 7. my husband and i have been married for 7 years now.
i gained 60 lbs with my first daughter. years went by and we got pregnant with our second daughter in 2002. i only gained 13 lbs with her.
i've been battling my weight for 7 years now, with virtually no success. i've tried every diet imaginable several times each.
right now i'm doing a semi low carb, simply because i do feel better when i control my carbs. i exercise 5-6 days a week for an hour to two hours each day. you'd think i'd ahve lost more than 5 lbs since february, but no suck luck. seems things work out for a month or so, then i stop losing.
went in to my dr in feb and did some blood work. my thyroid came back fine. my triglycerides were high and my good cholesterol was low.
i'm totally at my wits end with this. i'm frustrated, discouraged and emotionally and physically exhausted.
i plan on making another appt with my dr. this time i'm taking my mother in law with me. she's much more aggressive than i could ever be. i think it will do me good to have someone else on my side when i talk to the doc.
guess i should post my stats...i'm exactly 5 feet tall and as of this morning, 215 lbs
Old 04-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #2  

hey jenr welcome!!!!

i have the same problem..exercise like 5 times a week ( iw as doing up to 2 hours a day but scale didn't budge) now i exercise 45-60 intes 5 days a week..and scale doesnt move..im going to have physical and ask them to check for htyroid as well as PCOS

i feel great when i exercise and ive done it for YEARS so i won't stop doing it..just wish weight would come off. don't give up!! glad to have you aboard!
Old 04-06-2005, 04:33 PM   #3  
mommy2

Hi! I'm a woohm (working outside of home) mother of two. My youngest daughter is 11 months old and my oldest is almost four. I work full time in records at a police dept and part time as an in home counselor for troubled children.
Um, weight wise...well, my number isn't that bad, but the composition of it is. I used to be relatively toned (wonderfully before DD1, not too shabby, but a little wiggly after DD1) but now I have this icky wiggly fat layer that WILL NOT GO AWAY! I don't want to diet to lose the number amount, I just want to lose the wiggle! No matter how much I exercise, I can't beat it. I weighed max 157 with DD1 and 163 with DD2. BUT before DD1, I weighed max 120. I am 5'4 and tiptoe between 131-136 most of the time. That doesn't sound like much, but considering my hips have relocated themselves and the top half has gone south, that is enough to make me cuckoo!! Now that my hips are broader, I have to get somewhat smaller to even fit into my largest clothing! With two jobs, two kids, a stepson, husband, dog and cat; I just DO NOT have time to go buy a new wardrobe!! LOL (p.s. 10-15 lbs does not mean vanity pounds, it means SANITY pounds when you can't wear any of your clothing!)
Old 04-07-2005, 10:00 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatecatz
hey jenr welcome!!!!

i have the same problem..exercise like 5 times a week ( iw as doing up to 2 hours a day but scale didn't budge) now i exercise 45-60 intes 5 days a week..and scale doesnt move..im going to have physical and ask them to check for htyroid as well as PCOS

i feel great when i exercise and ive done it for YEARS so i won't stop doing it..just wish weight would come off. don't give up!! glad to have you aboard!
thanks!
isn't it frustrating? i'm so done. i do have a dr's appt on monday so i'm excited about going in and hopefully getting some answers.
people look at me like i have 2 heads when i tell them how much i really enjoy exercising! i feel awesome when i do it. it helps my moods alot too (i'm bipolar). it keep me sane. i love my hour - hour and a half away from everyone getting the days stresses out.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaja
Hi! I'm a woohm (working outside of home) mother of two. My youngest daughter is 11 months old and my oldest is almost four. I work full time in records at a police dept and part time as an in home counselor for troubled children.
Um, weight wise...well, my number isn't that bad, but the composition of it is. I used to be relatively toned (wonderfully before DD1, not too shabby, but a little wiggly after DD1) but now I have this icky wiggly fat layer that WILL NOT GO AWAY! I don't want to diet to lose the number amount, I just want to lose the wiggle! No matter how much I exercise, I can't beat it. I weighed max 157 with DD1 and 163 with DD2. BUT before DD1, I weighed max 120. I am 5'4 and tiptoe between 131-136 most of the time. That doesn't sound like much, but considering my hips have relocated themselves and the top half has gone south, that is enough to make me cuckoo!! Now that my hips are broader, I have to get somewhat smaller to even fit into my largest clothing! With two jobs, two kids, a stepson, husband, dog and cat; I just DO NOT have time to go buy a new wardrobe!! LOL (p.s. 10-15 lbs does not mean vanity pounds, it means SANITY pounds when you can't wear any of your clothing!)
hi!! thanks for stopping by!
i know what you mean. before baby #1 i was in pretty good shape. i had a hellacious snickers bar craving throughout that pregnancy. luckily with my secnd, i only craved fruits.
i know all too well about not being able to wear certain clothes. i've got a whole closet full of clothes i can't fit into. i don't want to go buy a bigger size so i jsut flip flop 7-8 outfits. of course, being a sahm, i don't usually get out of my comfy clothes unless i'm giong somewhere. hate it!!
Closed Thread