Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #1  
Princess Nothing

S/C/G: 315/245/180

Height: 5' 6"

Default Gothic Girl looking for Weight Loss friends that are Non Judgemental!!

I am strange, weird, scary, eccentric, odd, etc. I like it that way. Its hard to make friends though... Im losing 80 pounds by January 2006, using Slim Fast, home exercise and walking. Maybe when I actually have some money I can go to a gym, but Im cool with my DVDs. I do:

1. Bellydancing for Fitness: Fat Burning
2. Tae-Bo BASIC
3. Pilates Basic
4. Pilates Core Strength Basics

I alternate alot. I get my walking in in the mornings, walking my preschooler the 5 blks to school and back everyday.

I like to listen to Nine Inch Nails, Manson, KMFDM, VNV Nation, Rasputina...Ill go into it later. I love my lifestyle very very much.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Hi anaethema_x

I've been hanging around here for over a year and you'll meet some great people! I'm familiar with NIN and Manson, of course, but the other 3 are vague. I'm more of the Rob Zombie, Korn, Slayer, Disturbed type

I hang out in the Atkins forum, but you're more than welcome to chat there regardless of what plan you're following. The alternachicks are a great crowd too.

As for exercise, I'm all for the pilates and bellydancing, too! In addition, I try to get to the gym every other day and I'm starting boxing lessons in a week.

Message me anytime!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #3  

Good to hear from you...I know where you are coming from. My man and I listen to some crazy music, we always have stuff that no one else has even heard of. And we live in a pretty conservative neighborhood, so we can often feel a little out of our element (well, more me than him, I guess). I'm used to Minneapolis and urban attitudes, although I have to say that it's not great to be overweight no matter where you are!

It looks like you've lost some weight already, that's awesome. I'm just starting, but we have about the same amount to lose. I've never done bellydancing, has it really helped you? I feel like I would just be an idiot and fall over.

You can PM me if you want to talk or just ***** about the day, I know I didn't do very well today! But I did work out, so atleast there's that.

How old is your son/daughter? I just had a baby myself...which is part of my weight loss issue right now.

Hope to hear from you! Hope
Old 01-08-2005, 11:02 AM   #4  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello anaethema_x

I like strange, weird, scary, eccentric, odd, etc. It's a different way to be. It is true that it is hard to make friends... I have always kept my personal life seperate from alot of my friend... I felt that I was 2 different people. I have worn a celtic knot around my neck for 4 years now and when asked what my religion is I tell everyone I am Pagan which I am. Some people accept it but some don't. I like being different, but I don't always make alot of friends when they hear the word witch.

I'm trying to loose 30 pounds by July 1st 2005, using Slim Fast as well (low carb), home exercise and walking and a few other ideas that I have. I would love to go to the gym again but with my 2 kids and a seperation happening I can't afford it or even have the time. I am getting my Lateral Thigh Trainer tomorrow. I am trying to alternate what I do for exercise tho.

I don't listen to much music at the moment so but I wnt to get back into it again.

Well the kids are calling so I have to run. Talk to you soon.

Stephanie
Old 01-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #5  

I am prolly as weird as they get , considering I am pushing 40
I am also Gothic, love NIN, the list goesonandon

If my age dont bother you and ya wanna chit chat etc, email me or pm

OH and hot topic is my favorite store( when I loose all my weight I told my BH I am finally gonna get all my Bad Kitty stuff )
Old 01-09-2005, 12:15 PM   #6  
No Uno Mas?

Hello Everyone,
anaethema_x- I know what you mean. I find it hard to make friends especially lasting ones. I also like NIN,Manson, and Zombie among others. Becuase of my tatoos, I tend to turn guys away as well and I have a strange obsession with vampires.
I need to lose about 100 lbs. I've been on WW for about 10 weeks. I'm a 30 year old college student. Once the semester starts again I will be taking a fitness class. I currently just exercise in front of my t.v.
If anyone is intersted in chatting..send me a PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #7  

hey christina, if they dont like tat's f_em they aint worth it

I have 3( one is a rather large tribal with a wolf head on my left arm, circles the whole arm) one on my ankle and one on my middle upper back(tween shoulder blades) I am gonna get at LEAST one more ~LOL~

I am also pierced( tounge, belly, and of cours ears)

seem so far some of us are alot alike, which is a good thing

keep your spirits up and GOOD FOR YOU excercising( I did 6 days at the gym OY and today am washing cards, vac'ing them out, cleaning them etc and cleaning my garage, THATS my excercise for today)
Old 01-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #8  

Hey there!

Don't forget about Skinny Puppy, Ministry and Nitzer Ebb! I don't know too many folks who like KMFDM like I do,but Manson and Rob Zombie are popular around here. I live in the Los Angeles area, and there is a lot of new music around, but I just haven't gotten into it like the old alternative.

I have lost 30 pounds in the last 7 months, and have about 45 or 50 more to go. I used to do powerlifting, but right now I am just walking ,calorie watching and some free weights.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:04 PM   #9  
No Uno Mas?

Default Show and Tell

trishajean - thanks for the boost. Its their loss if they don't like me for any reason. I usually get acceptance from the younger crowd they think I'm cool..lol

I only have my ears pierced. I want to have the cartlidge pierced twice and have a bar going through but that is illegal in my state so I would have to go somewhere else. I have 6 tatoos and I have a feeling that I'm not done. I want the underdog and the phantom mask with the rose. I currently have a dragon,hummingbird,rose band, moon with a rose in his mouth, a chinses symbol for immortal angel, and the original stray cats logo. Can you imagine me a first grade teacher on show and tell day..lol Elemetary Education is what my degree will be in.

I need to go to work I'll check in tomorrow after weigh in.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:30 PM   #10  

well I LOVE

ICP
Crazy Town
Pantera
SkidRow
NIN
Rod Zombie
Manson
TOOL
GODSMACK

those are my cd's I work out too as well~lol~ keep me motivated

oh and did I mention I wear mostly black, leather and ride a bike~grin~

Cristina, ummmmmmmmm I am taking versions of Criminal Justice to get my PI License~chuckles~ I have seen all kinds of people and NONE of them on the outside worry me, its the inside that can be worse

well of to get mice to feed my babygirl and then to the store then back to get to the garage~oy~
Old 01-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #11  
Libby1020

Hey.. I like VnV too I can use a weightloss buddy.. Say hi im on AOl or yahoo ShatteredTears35.. hope to hear from you... by the way where are u from? im in NY
Old 01-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #12  

Dear Anaethema,

I love Nine Inch Nails, "Downward Spiral" is an amazing album. I also like Nirvana, and my fiancee listens to Marylin Manson (he loves that cute song about the Monkey and the Gingerbread) and Black Sabbath, Solo Ozzy, Judas Priest.

I don't think you sound weird or scary at all. Life would be boring if we all dressed the same, looked the same ect. I have friends/family who are goth and they think I am weird/scary because I wear pink. If you need a weight loss friend, I'd be glad to be one!

Congratulaions on your 6 pounds!

Fleur
Your buddy
Old 01-24-2005, 10:59 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Anaethema - are you around?

Everyone else - Glad to see there's so many of us that are alike! I've got 2 tattoos and 3 more waiting to get inked on me. I'm not big on piercing myself (just 2 in each ear and one in my tongue) but I absolutely love all the different ways people choose to decorate themselves.

BlueMoon - I totally forgot about Skinny Puppy! Good band!
Old 01-24-2005, 11:06 AM   #14  
stbakd

why do people pierce themsellf in in unnatural places?
glen
Old 01-24-2005, 11:20 AM   #15  
Head Princess

LOL - What do you consider an unnatural place? Any body modification is a very personal thing. And it's done for different reasons: looks, sensation, to remember something, just personal expression.
Closed Thread