Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 12:46 PM   #1  

Default Need Buddy 52ish with 50ish to lose

Hi
I'm new on this website and need a buddy to work with. I am now 52 and in WW. When I was 50 I had lost 50 pounds but since have gained back 40. I still attend meetings every week, refuse not to. I have never taken a pass on weighing in (although I've felt like it) I have all the right ideas in my head but don't seem to always practice what I preach. I am married with three grown children and 3 grandchildren. I have struggled with weight all my life. I do believe in the WW plan, it worked before and will again!! I am very determined if nothing else.
I now have about 60 lbs to lose instead of the 23 I would have if I hadn't gained.
I just thought if I had some buddies in the same struggle, we could help each other. Maybe "talk" to each other instead of eating.
Always a problem at work because of the junk laying around. HELP!
Anybody out there with the same dilemma??
Old 06-16-2004, 09:31 PM   #2  

Default Welcome to this site

I know you want a buddy who is 52ish but how about 45ish. I had lost over 80 pounds and gained almost all of it back so I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. I have never been to WW, but I have been to TOPS, the problem with me is that I got burned out at TOPS (long story) and when I quit the meetings I quit the diet also, not very smart, but I am responsible for all my decisions, good and bad, so now I am back on again and my husband is trying to lose weight also. I have a grown son who is married, no kids yet, they prefer 4 legged "children" to the 2 legged kind at the moment, any way I hope you check in often. I pray evey day for the people on this site and know that you are cared about and prayed for. God Bless You.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #3  
RAR

welcome Suzq come on over to the senior posts!!!!!!!!!! we are a small group in the 50s mostly who I am sure can be a help to you as you will be a help to us the more the merrier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita
Old 06-22-2004, 12:11 AM   #4  

Red face Yikes. Time is getting away.

undefinedundefined
Hi all, Well here I am 50 and I said this will be the year. I want to be thin. Im a new grandma and another one on the way. I know how you feel. FOr me its a YoYo. I want to be thin but have so much to lose 90 I get discouraged fast. Plus we are a very social family. We entertain a lot and travel. I am thinking of La Weight loss. Have you heard anything about this ?

Good luck to you and Maybe the support we get here will help us all
Old 06-23-2004, 01:06 PM   #5  

Hi Suz:

I just started up on this site, and I'm also looking for other 'over-fifties' with whom to share encouragement!

I re-married in April, turned 54 in May...life is GOOD! I lost 20 lbs (slowly) using the Reader's Digest Change One site! However, now it's time to re-focus (new name, new life, new ME) and lose the next 30 (wellll maybe 40? ) pounds.

I did get sidelined by breaking my left foot 2 days after we returned from the honeymoon (hey I was coming out of the grocery store, ok?). Very discouraging because I was all gung ho (being so tanned and happy, having not gained ANY weight during the wedding/honeymoon phases of my life)..

The foot is healing well; I'm back to using the stationary bike regularly and working back up slowly.. also doing pool exercises. Just trying to stay focused, one day at a time and not get discouraged or do something stupid that will mess up my foot indefinitely. =)

Rita: I had looked for the 'senior' posts but perhaps am looking in the wrong place. I couldn't find any listings for any age group over 30. Personally I don't think of myself as a 'senior', just a well-ripened adolescent, but obviously at this age, physical ability, needs and requirements are much different from the 30-year old I feel like inside.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all!

Cheers

Chris =)
Old 06-24-2004, 09:40 AM   #6  

Smile

Good Morning All,
I am new to this sight & what I have seen so far is great. Maybe just what I need. I turn 50 this year in August. Not bothered too much by the age thing, its more the weight thing & being unhealthy. In the past 3 years, I gained almost 30lbs. I went over 200 lbs this year. I did quit smoking 5 years ago, but I think most of it is stress related. I work in a very demanding job, very, very stressfull job. I have been married 28 years. We have 3 grown children. Our son, graduated from college a 1 1/2 ago, found a great job with the Phoenix Suns (he loves it), but AZ is a long way from Illinois. Our twin, (and of course beautiful) 21 year old daughters are seniors in college. They haven't been back home much, so I know I am feeling the "empty nest". I'm not postal or anything, but do get sad. With stress, I know I eat. Soooo, I have started again to try to lose weight. I have gone back to walking 5 days a week. I haven't quite figured out what eating plan I should be doing. After many years of yo-yo dieting, I do realize now that one of my big problems is portion control. I may eat better foods, but way too much. I just feel so hungry.
Well, anyway, I'm glad I found this sight & look forward to talking to may of you.
Shari D
Old 06-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #7  
RAR

Good morning everyone!!!!!!! I see we are here for all the same purpose wether it is 15 or 90 pounds to loose we all need friendswho are going thru the samething Chris congrats on your new marriage sorry about the foot hope that you are not in a lot of pain the post that I am talking abouyt is in this buddy one only it says senior b mostly in their 50s agreat group of ladies so feel frree to brouse over any time Shari welcome I think having a demanding job does put weight on you hopefully we will help to encourage you that we will not eat when we are under stress believe me I really am working hard at that one well ladies have a great day Rita
Closed Thread