Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 09:44 PM   #1  
Bonksmom

Thumbs up New Member

Hi all! I am new here and wanted to introduce myself. I happened on this site while searching for smoothie recipes. I am 49 and am at current weight of 260 lbs. I have finally decided to do something about it and have been trying to watch my food intake and have taken up walking. I have gone so far to change my working hours to 3:30 to midnight so that I can get up and do my 8 minutes in the morning exercises again (weight training exercises that really had me losing weight until I got lazy) ! and then I will be able to walk every morning before it gets too hot (it is too hot in the evening here and I often find an excuse not to go and I have such a great place to walk too.) My goal weight is 135 lbs. or size 10 which ever comes first lol. Anyway, this looks like a really cool site and I have bookmarked it so I can check in everyday. Anyone want to give me that encouraging kick now and then feel free! LOL Well, gotta run it is late and morning comes fast. Bonksmom
Old 05-25-2004, 10:23 PM   #2  
Running to Catch Up

S/C/G: 261/ticker/150

Our goals are very similar. I'm new here too, nice to meet you!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:53 AM   #3  

Default I am also new here

Hi I am from Wisconsin. At one time I lost a lot of weight but put it all back on. I am around 260 also and would like to get to at least 150lbs. I have a friend who wants me to do the South Beach Diet with her but I have some doubts about that. I know the way to lose weight is to eat right and exerice. I am hoping to find a goal buddy who will encourge me to do those things. I found out that I am a stress eater which is a bad thing. Any advice would be great on the South Beach Diet and finding a goal buddy. Thanks for listening.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:47 PM   #4  
RAR

HI! and welcome !!!! this a great group so keep posting you got the the motivation hope you keep it up like you I start out thinking good but end up lazy so hopefully you will keep doing what you have planned and good luck!!!!!! Rita
Old 05-26-2004, 06:36 PM   #5  
Bonksmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDeviant
Our goals are very similar. I'm new here too, nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you MsDeviant, I hope we can continue to encourage each other. A couple of years ago I started the 8 Minutes in the Morning plan, and joined their forum and was doing really great (the book is by Jorge Cruise) and I lost weight fast and it seemed so simple and then I too got lazy when I went on vacation and have only now gotten serious about this weight loss thing again.
Good luck to you and email me anytime.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:45 PM   #6  
Bonksmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri316
Hi I am from Wisconsin. At one time I lost a lot of weight but put it all back on. I am around 260 also and would like to get to at least 150lbs. I have a friend who wants me to do the South Beach Diet with her but I have some doubts about that. I know the way to lose weight is to eat right and exerice. I am hoping to find a goal buddy who will encourge me to do those things. I found out that I am a stress eater which is a bad thing. Any advice would be great on the South Beach Diet and finding a goal buddy. Thanks for listening.
Hi Sheri316, I am originally from Illinois. I find that having a person to talk to or confess to helps, I had an internet friend who used to keep in touch with me everyday, we were doing the 8 Minutes in the Morning program together and it really helped me. But she has gotten so busy she quit emailing me for some reason. Anyway, last I talked to her she was doing the South Beach Diet and said she was doing pretty good. Myself, I bought a book called the DASH Diet, and my doctor said it was about the best diet to follow there was, because it is good to lower blood pressure, and as close to a diabetic diet as you could get. It is recommended by the American Heart Association. But you have to kinda follow the diet, lol, unlike me who reads it but cant follow!! But when I begin my 2nd shift job I will be able to get back to my 8 minutes in the morning exercise program and my walking program. Good to see you are trying too, hang in there and we will try to do this together.!!! Like you I eat out of stress or boredom, my worst time is at bedtime. That's why I am hoping that by working 3:30 to Midnight I will be snacking less! Good Luck Debby
Old 05-26-2004, 08:35 PM   #7  

Thanks Debby for your encourgament. What is the 8 minute workout, I have never heard of that before. Another thing about me is I also sell Tastefully Simple and the products are so good it is easy to cheat ecspecially when I have to do a show and I make the Truffle Fudge brownies to sample for my party. I guess I am going to have to get more will power. Good luck to you too, I know if we all stick together we will make our goals. Talk to you soon.
Sheri
Old 05-26-2004, 09:27 PM   #8  
Bonksmom

8 Minutes in the Morning is a weight training exercise that you follow, you can get the books at any bookstore, It is written by Jorge Cruise, and my doctor suggested it. When I did these exercises every day, even when I didnt want too, I really started to lose the weight and I really was feeling better. I lost over 20lbs is a few months. And actually did not change my eating habits too much. I believe that is you go to do a google search for jorge cruise and it will take you to his site. I am new so the forum will not let me post the url for his site, it explains a little about it. It would take me about 15 minutes for warm up and exercise. But you work out a different set of muscles each day, you have 2 exercises and you do 4 sets of 12 for each exercise to begin with. When you get through the month you begin at the beginning again and increase reps or weights. That is why I switched my working hours. I can not get up at 5:00 in the morning to do them, so I will get be able to get up and do them now and then I can go walk. We have a beautiful park here that has a walking trail around it and it is always nice. There are ducks and geese there, people fish and lots of people walk. You will see people out as early as 6 in the morning til late a night. Well, I need to go. Good luck and by the way .....Those brownies sound fantastic!!!! Debby
Closed Thread