Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 09:13 PM   #31  

Hi Peg,
You're right 1-2 lbs is the best way and my doc seems to agree. I just so sick of all the ill affects of the extra weight. It seems like an impossible battle at times. If I wasn't so bummed when I got home then maybe I wouldn't have forgotten the TOPS meeting was tonight. I'll have to try and go next wk. I'm 44 and have been yo-yo ing this weight for over 20 yrs. But its seems like I've been battling it just as long... But gotta get up, brush off and keep going. I was just looking forward to feeling better and possibly ditching some of the pills. But all in due time ....hopefully.

Aggie, sorry your still not feeling well. Get some rest. And as always, thanks for listening.

Hi to everyone. Hope alls well.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:14 PM   #32  
Maggi

Default now I have a question for us

How does everyone handle the end of the day, when you've eaten your quote of what every? How about the boredom, I've always eaten when I was bored, this internet site helps, but sometimes I just go to bed so I won't be tempted, chicken I know, but I'm working on my bravery!
Old 03-31-2004, 10:17 PM   #33  

Hi Donna, Peg,Magnolia,

Donna. I am glad you are feeling better, your doc know you best, the weight will come off, I am not losing the weight as fast as some others on Medifast. That s just fine too, remember when we all spoke about lifestyle changes, well that is so important. That is one reason I eat one meal a day and not just drink the shakes, because I cannot stay on medifast forever, I must retrain my mind to make healthy food choices. Maybe you could just concentrate on eating healthy, exercising. Keep a positive attitude, and just vent here when you need to. We didn't gain the weight overnight, we won't lose it that way either.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:28 AM   #34  
Maggi

Default Aggie hit it on the head

Aggie

You are so right about that, eventhough I'm not doing medifast, the same goes for all of us, retraining the mind to eat healthy. I've found myself thinking those same thoughts as I walk on my treadmill (even when I'm listening to audiobooks). I think about how i've done things before and how I felt that contributed to weight gain and unhealthy eating ways. I don't waste time beating myself up on the past, nor should anyone else reading this. The past is what it is, and can't be changed. Look forward to the future and what we are doing in the present and how to improve ourselves. I lost 1.5 this week and of course I wish it was more, but that is a loss not a gain and they will add up over time. I am trying and accomplishing sometime, to look on this time as a way to reevaluate myself and my habits. I'm hoping today DH and myself can go goof off. I want to walk around the mall and look at clothes in the size I will be when I hit my goal, now is normally a size 9 and 10 at my height and weight. That helps me visualize better and gives me a little more motivation to press on ahead.

Slow and steady wins this race and to stay winners we can maintain it. WE are going to be hot looking chicks, even if I do say so in my over 45 year old body!
Old 04-01-2004, 02:24 PM   #35  

Talking ha ha old body

well they say you are as old as you feel so i guess we all will be getting younger as the weight comes off cause right now i feel a lot older than i am

talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
Old 04-01-2004, 10:57 PM   #36  

Hi all,

Woohoo! a weight loss, that is great!! It's a loss.Keep it up. I showed up losing almost a lb, even after my slip. I think that is because I have been sick tho. Yes we will be Skinny hot chicks!! Later everyone. Oh yes, I went and got a kenelog (sp?) shot this afternoon, I am hoping I wake up tomorrow felling amazingly better. One of the side effects of this shot can be hunger and weight gain. Please pray that doesn't happen. Thanks
Old 04-02-2004, 05:37 AM   #37  
Maggi

WEll hot chicks, I guess I can't make my diet go faster, so ok I can accept that, but I was left unsupervised yesterday in a store, DH was looking at electronics, and I picked up some hair color! I went from dk brown to a strawberry blone with some highlights. DH says it makes me look younger, either he is telling the truth, or he has become a better liar, ha ha ha, lol, rofl!!!

But something weird happened. I'd eaten just a pear for breakfast knowing we would be eating out lunch and maybe dinner. At the restaurant I ate a guiltless chicken Pita sandwich, 9 grams of fat, and was very full, later that night I came home and looked it up it was 477 calories. I couldn't eat another bit the rest of the day because I was so full, But I kept feeling guilty, even this morning when I woke up I'd felt like I had cheated. Is that weird or what, the only thing I can think of is that because I was out of my normal eating situation.

Has this happen to any of you?
Old 04-02-2004, 07:42 AM   #38  

Default ???

dont know about the idea of being out of your normal eating situation making a differance. eating out is my problem too i have been asking every place that i go for their nutrition guides but there are still not enough choices ( you know salad, salad, or maybe salad)... maybe you have found a very good thing for you to eat and feel full for only 477 calories. where was it that you ate? keep up the good work

talk to you LIGHTER!!
Peg
Old 04-02-2004, 09:46 PM   #39  

Peg, Donna and all,

Donna, I think that is great that you found fufillment in less than 500 calories
Peg, you are doing fantastic, what are you eating?
I went out to lunch w/a friend, we had saw the allergist today. We both had salads, she has gained a lot of weight again , but she is not ready to get to work on losing at this time. I think we all agree that ouur minds play such an important role in our success at losing the weight. I am wondering if this is at all similar to what it is like to try to quit smoking? I am going keep not to look at it as depriving myself of something, rather I will try to think of it as a new way of life, a new way to treat a disease____ Obesity, the disease of Obesity. My treatment for this disease is eating far differently than I have in the past, a new attitude about food, Donna your right it isn't a treat, it is feeding the disease. And I have to stop doing that! Hope everyone will have a great weekend!!!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:41 AM   #40  

aggie,

this is a lot harder than quiting smoking because you dont need ciggarettes but we do need food!!! i tell myself everyday that i am NOT on a diet but that i have changed my BAD eating habits. i have completely changed my way of eating and what i eat. i found out that i was eating out of habit instead of when i am trully hungry.(buzzer goes off at work...eat, hubby wants lunch...eat even tho i was not hungry yet.) now i am waiting till the tummy starts to growl and then i am eating healthy . instead of biscutes and gravy or eggs and bacon and hash browns i am eating bran cereal, skim milk, and banana. for lunch instead of buger and fries i have salad and cottage cheese or raw vegies ,yogert and lite turkey sandwitch. i really look at the labels at the store and am a lot more aware of what i am buying and eating. it is more expensive to eat healthy but i look at it this way ...i can afford 20 to 25 more dollars a week for food a whole lot easyer that having health problems.(doctor visits, meds, possably missing work, maybe even hospitalization) so it is really all in the mind and how we are going to look at this. you got to keep it up and this is not just for now it is for life!!!

good luck in keeping to plan

talk to you LIGHTER!!!

Peg
Old 04-03-2004, 11:04 AM   #41  

Hi Peg, You're right, I quit 14 mos ago. This is much harder. Like you said, you need food to live. Ironically, the way I've been eating is killing me.
Also, smoking is very unacceptable these day. Food, junk food especially is constantly in your face. Ads on everything you see, tv, buses, billboards, radio and situations that are built around whats to eat, christenings, weddings, any party or meeting (they don't plan smoking for those events) you tell people your travelling or vacationing and the first thing is where to eat, the best buffets (they are the worst) everything revolves around food. [by the way, I used to love buffets, but now I think of everyone touching and sneezing on everything and it really helps ] But it is mind over mouth (or hand over mouth my work even better ) but it's true. We have to stop eating because that's what everyone is doing at that time, or because we are bored, or just because! We have to learn to eat when we are hungry. I think any of us out there who has stuck to a plan, knows if you eat what you should when you should, you're not truly hungry. You still have to fight temptation and cravings though and that's the tough part.
Oh to only be able to practice what we preach.

ttyl
Old 04-04-2004, 06:43 AM   #42  
Maggi

Peg and all

What I ordered was two chicken burritos, refried beans and a quesadilla

They put just a slight amount of chees on their beans, but I also ordered a "to go box" with my meal

What I ate was, the refried beans
1 burrito
1/2 of a chicken quesadilla, the rest went in a to go box and is still sitting in my refrigerator, until my DH or grandson decides to eat it! I did a lot of research on how many calories that all was and I counted the beans as 1 full cup, so I came up with 477. even if it was a bit over, I still had about 200 to reach my max of 1300, but I still like to eat in the 1100 or 1200 range but I have that bit of an extra. I could have had the taco salad with them not putting it in the shell, no sour cream or guacamole and only put the salsa on my salad, but that would have still been very high too, and sometimes you need to be normal.

Anyway, that is why this diet is best for me, the more normal I try to eat, the less depravation I will feel and the less chance of falling off the wagon.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #43  
Maggi

Donna and all

I'm reading a book, that talks pretty much about the same thing Donna was talking about, "mind over matter" and it talks about getting the mind right and the body will follow. I started reading it so help me focus on my eating habits that got me into trouble, and to help me keep it off after I lost it. It covers a good bit about what may have caused a certain trigger and it is not so deep that a paragraph will put you to sleep. It is written in "people language" not pompous I'm so important and too bad you can't understand me but give me your money anyway language!!!

I will let you know what further help I think it gives a dieter in future updates and let you know if it is overall worth it, but so far, a lot of what we are saying here is being covered in his book, but also he talks about dieters know all this anyway, and what can flip the switch from non-dieter, to dieter and then to life-long maintenance.

I am not proud, I will take any help I can get, so I figure this will help me scratch out one more issue from my brain on eating.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:46 AM   #44  

Magnolia,

You have the best attitude. Obviously the book your reading is helping. I read alot of diet and nutrition books and try different plans. Some of my friends just kind of roll their eyes at me like, here she goes again. But how will you know what works and what doesn't. You have to customize everything you read and try to suit you. So I find help in almost everything. What I still have to do is find the right combination for me. It might be several combinations depending on what's going on that day. Busy, boredom, traveling, entertaining. They all call for a different strategy. Sounds like a lot of work, and it is. Hopefully it will become second nature. And it some ways it has. Just as you state you go into a restaurant and ask for a to go box, that's a great idea. In my head it's always been don't waste it you paid for it, or, it's not enough left to wrap, I'll just eat it. Now I will pick a wise choice and box 1/2 right away and look at it as a meal I won't have to prepare the next day. Great idea So I think it's great to read, post, listen and do what ever you need to do to amass the knowledge and WEAPONS to win this war and become the super power over yourself and use our minds to help and not hinder us.
Boy, I really did just go on & on. I'm sorry, maybe it's a Sunday thing.
Anyway, ttyl
Old 04-04-2004, 10:46 PM   #45  

Hey Maggi,

What is this book you are reading, I love to read and it could be of help to us all.
Hope everyone is doing well. I am still coughing,sneezing and I am so tired of this allergy stuff!!Talk later
Closed Thread