Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 11:16 PM   #16  

Peg,Donna,Magnolia,
Peg, woohoo!!! great loss, keep it up.I did find there was a TOPS group inmy area, I may give it a try. It would be a source of additional suport, we can never have toomuch of that. Magnolia, thanks for the tip abput the music tape. Our treadmill is broken right now, not sure when we will get it repaired,big goings on for DH at work right now.Mgnolia, could you find some pictures of fashions on the internet?
I think we share in common our skinny husbands, mine has a tummy too but is thin elsewhere. He is almost where he needs to be and will not be on Medifast much longer.
I hope you all have a great day tommorrow, I am really neding this support, let' keep it up gals!!
agie
Old 03-30-2004, 05:08 AM   #17  
Maggi

Default Husbands tummy, TOPS, and Fashion

aggie and all the gang

You go girl, I must have been brain dead, what a great idea, pull them down from the shopping sites, I will be on that today. I am going internet shopping for my motivational chart. I've been needing that. Just yesterday while walking, I looked up at the wall in front of me and thought that would be a great place to put my chart. I need to be looking at clothes and bodies (no heads) to help me visualize myself in those clothes and feeling: cute, confident, sporty etc... you get my picture.

I didn't get to do any TOPS research yesterday. I had too many projects to get brought into line. I make these cute purses for the girls in my family as a kind of I Love you gift, normally for sisters-in-law, favorite aunts and cousins, but then some of the others have seen them and had to do them for them too, and then some of their friends wanted one, so I agreed to make them for them (for a fee) and I am hoping to be finished soon! My love is quilts and I have one that needs to be put together (and several more in my head that I want to make) so I want to move on! I hope to be able to say NO, to anyone else wanting a purse soon, so I can get back to what I want to do!
Old 03-30-2004, 05:18 PM   #18  

Hi to all,
I had a bad day today, I have been sick for over a week and haven't been anywhere, I am feeling somewhat better, and I had to go out and run a few errands, well I was just feeling so tired, and I had more things to get done, so I just popped into a fast food place (ooooh!!!!) and yes, I ordered something!! I feel so bad )-:. I now have to deal with that ina a day or so when it shows up on the scale.
Has anybody ever been in the chat here? Is anyone interested, I am in Centeral time. I'll be on a while longer and then back later this evening
Old 03-30-2004, 05:51 PM   #19  

Default Chatting and Medifast

Hi gals!

Hi Aggie, I did some research and decided to try Medifast. Optifast has a better support system, but is nowhere in my area. Hard to believe being so close to NYC. I found a doctor near my job where I can pick up supplies and he wants me to follow up with my regular doc for blood work. I am waiting to here from my doc as to whether or not I should do just shakes or add 1 meal.
What are you doing and how is it working? The support board says use caution driving the first few days and no exercise for 2 wks (DON'T HERE THAT OFTEN) As far as the chat room. Never anyone there when I go. I am EST so I guess 1 hr later than you? I drive out to the mid west every summer, you'd think I'd have the time zones down by now
I'll check in a few minutes and see if anyone is there. If not maybe we can set a time up a day in advance and see if that works.
(p.s. I wouldn't give yourself too hard of a time about the slip, but will it make you feel ill because of the medifast? I hope not. )

Magnolia, you sound SEW talented I can barely sew a button. When the kids were little I got by with costumes and such, but since going back to work I've done nothing. I think your poster idea is good. I'd like mine to show people doing activities I used to do and want to do but can't. And some new ones that I'm to heavy and out of shape to try. Hiking, rollerblading etc...

Hi Peg, How are you doing? I think I will still try to make the TOPS meeting tomorrow nite even though I'll be starting the medifast. I agree with Aggie, the more support the better. I don't know what I'd do without all my new friends here.

Well, let me know if you guys want to put a chat time together.

ttyl
Old 03-30-2004, 08:58 PM   #20  

Hi everyone,and Hi Damion
Has everyone had a good day? I am done brooding over my slip, I expect it may not be too bad. I am going to try and check out the next TOPS meeting in my area. I am also going to get my self in gear with some exercise as soon as I get over this upper respiratory infection. Snifle,cough,blow nose, it is geting really old!!
I hope you will like Medifast Donna, I for one would reccomend eating one meal a day, it is just so easy that way. if you decide you don't want to eat you can just have the supplements. It is great to be able to go to lunch with friends and be able to have a salad or a piece of grilled chicken or fish and veggies. But you have to decide that for yourself. Are the products the same price at your Doc's as they are on the site?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #21  

welcome aboard Damion
hi everyone

Aggie, I talked to the nurse at the doctors office and she has the medifast plus and it's actually less than on line. Maybe because the buy in bulk. This doctor has been carrying it for yrs. Unless she made a mistake. Maybe I should buy extra
I figure I'll get choc and vanilla. She said you can mix flavors into the vanilla. We'll see.
I figure I'll probably eat 1 meal a day. Still have to cook for dh. Though people on the discussion board say its easier to have shakes and not eat anything to avoid wanting more. We'll see. Sorry your not feeling well. Respitory infections suck. Start in the head and drop to the chest. I really hope you feel better soon. The support board says no exercise the first two weeks. So be careful.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

ttyl
Old 03-30-2004, 09:28 PM   #22  

Hey Donna, does this doctor also carry the other products, the sops and bars etc. What is the Medifast plus? And where did you find a discussion board.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:41 PM   #23  

She said she carries the bars but they are high in sugar and they don't think I should have them yet. The discussion is at www.liquiddietdiscussion.com
the have a chat room and msg boards. there is a place to join and pay or you can just read and post for free, still have to register. but it doesn't cost anything. I already had someone respond to a post and there are also success stories and before and after pix. Take a look. Its pretty cool. Medifast plus is for diabetics. New product.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:46 PM   #24  

Default I am so bummed.....

My primary phys called me today at work and told me straight out no way could he condone my doing medifast. Of course he said he knows I can do what I want, but he's only thinking of my best interest and that it is not a medically studied program. I felt like a boulder was dropped on my head. I was actually in tears. I know, what a baby. But I get so depressed with the slow progress (which of course he says is the best way) I just get so tired of trying so hard and getting so little. I not in the right state of mind to be posting.
later,
Donna
Old 03-31-2004, 06:31 PM   #25  

Donna,
I am so sorry, I don't understand, Medifast was developed by Johns Hopkins University Med Center, I think. I guess some docs are really cautious. Did you already buy some of the products. I am thinking of you
Old 03-31-2004, 06:52 PM   #26  
Maggi

DonnaD

Did you ask your doctor what is reservations were, or if maybe he would approve on a limited basis say for two meals a day like slim-fast does? I am sorry he doesn't recommend it for you. I know how furstrating it can be, but hang in there and don't let this get you down. Try and look down the road and see yourself as slimmer and looking back here and saying it all worked ok.

Maybe that is silly, but I've dwelled too much in the past on the time and numbers and lost it all, I just don't want see a fellow dieter give up the good success they have created for themselves. Hang in there.!

Magnoliamouth
Old 03-31-2004, 07:42 PM   #27  

Hi there Magnolia,

I hope your having a good day. I got right back on my program today, I am feeling good now. I am still sick, I think I may go and get a shot tomorrow, I hav been sick too long. I wanna feel good again
Old 03-31-2004, 07:46 PM   #28  

Hi Aggie, Hi Magnolia,

I'm sorry I sounded like such a baby before. I just took a quick nap and feel a little better. He feels that it is like any quick fix. He did look at the breakdown from the label and said even with 5 shakes only 90 calories and such low carbs and fat would not be a sensible way to lose. I didn't know about the John Hopkins study. He was so adoment about me not doing it. He asked if they knew I was diabetic and basically said he was my advocate and had my best interest at heart. He knows I struggle and knows there is no easy way out. (I've done other diet programs that he didn't approve of and the weight always came back) I know he cares and it was hard to argue. He said I need to make lifetime changes and there really aren't any short cuts. But he does think WLS has been studied well and considers the risk acceptable because of the lasting benefits many of his patients have seen.(he doesn't do the surgery nor does he refer to any doctors, he just advised going to the local medical center website) I'm just afraid to have that done. (afraid of dying or complications) I also have seen people gain it back or stop losing before goal. It's all hard and all a struggle. Makes my head But as always, I'm comforted by knowing my friends are here. Thank you for listening What would I do without you all.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:00 PM   #29  

donnad,

i dont know how old you r but you didnt get to where u r overnight so you cant expect to get to goal that fast either. t.o.p.s. tells us that 1-2 lbs a week is the best for a healthy approach to weight loss. hang in there and ill be right beside you every step of the way.

Peg
Old 03-31-2004, 09:11 PM   #30  
Maggi

DonnaD

I didn't look on you as a baby, just another chick struggling like all of us, we each have our crosses to bear, your big one right now is the diabetes. My dad is a diabetic and I understand a little about it, so you are right in listening to your doctor. Slow and steady wins the race. I like what you said about not wanting to gain back like before, I hear you on that and understand completely! That is one of the reasons I am doing everything I can to take this diet seriously, since diabetes run in my family so strongly I hope to avoid it as best as I can by not contributing to it by carrying around this weight.

The surgery, are you talking about gastric by-pass? I've had several friends and family members have it, in fact, one just had it Monday. My one family member had it, but the doctor told her, she would only lose about 80 lbs (she only JUST had a 100 to lose and just qualified for the surgery) with just the by-pass the other 20 she would need to diet and exercise to lose, she has never bothered to lose it and that was 4 years ago. She is just happy that she is the size she is because it is the smallest she has every been since she was 12 and she is now 52. Do some checking and if your doctor does approve, maybe do some consults with the doctors and hear all about it.

well all hang in there together.
Closed Thread