Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 09:09 PM   #1  

Default I need support!!

I dont even know what I'm doing. I know I need to lose weight. I've started Weight Watchers, South Beach & now I'm reading Dr Phil. I am 25 w/ 3 kids & no motivation. I am 5'7 & weigh 190lbs. I'd like to lose 60 lbs. My biggest problem is staying on a diet. I lose weight, see results but then just fall off. I think that if I had someone to report to, talk to, challenge, get support & motivation from & someone to provide motivation and support to- it would kick me in the butt enough to commit (did I spell that right?) to a diet (rather-a change of life). If there is someone or some people out there willing to be my partner, please reply. Thanks....

Last edited by JAEDUB57; 03-25-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:52 PM   #2  
Firefly

Smile

Hi! I am also from Ohio and am trying to lose weight, stay motivated, and improve my overall self-image. I have tried so many programs. The latest were Weight Watchers, Body For Life, and Dr. Phil. I have a hard time staying on track...I'm not sure why! My husband, wonderful as he is, is not real big on giving me feedback and support. I feel I would really benefit from having someone to work with - sharing ideas, tracking diets, setting exercise goals, etc. If you're interested let me know!
Cindy
Old 03-27-2004, 03:09 PM   #3  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

hey fellow Ohions. ( did i spell THAT right, lol) I am a sahm to 2. and at 30 this year am tired of carrying around all this extra weight.lost a bit. then here i am stuck . my lack of motivation is the problem i think. so this sounds like a good idea, mind if i join you?
Old 03-29-2004, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ladies, I'm not from Ohio, but would love to join you too. I'll be 40 in Aug. and want to quit yo-yoing every winter and spring. I'm having a hard time keeping motivated this year. I would love to post exercise and what not. I'll let you cry on my shoulder and tell you how wonderful you are, because we all were made perfect, we just need to be reminded from time to time.

Kristi
Old 03-30-2004, 07:58 AM   #5  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

well ladies everyone is quiet hopefully that means everyone is being good. i of course fell of the wagon. it was a weekend. hmm that seems to happen a lot. but this week my main goal is just to get exercise in every day. and keep shopping on the perimeter of the grocery store. really trying to cut the processed foods out.
how was everyone's weekend?
Old 03-30-2004, 11:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Heather, I too went a little overboard this weekend. We took the kids to see Scooby Doo 2. Of course I had to eat QUITE a bit of BUTTERED popcorn and a little from McD's on the way home!!! On an up note though at Cub Scouts last night we held the pinewood derby and of all the yummy snacks there I ate about 10 of those shoestring potato things. I was very proud. My son was too, he won 1st place in his age devision and tied for 2nd out of the club. Yes, he made his car himself. It wasn't the prettiest, but it went straight down the track. Godd luck on your goals for the week. Mine is to get on the treadmill for at least 1 mile each day.

Kristi
Old 03-30-2004, 12:30 PM   #7  

Hey ladies-
Thanks for joining us. Cindy & I have been pretty much emailing eachother, but we are excited to have others joining in. I don't know about you, but I am kind of looking for some structured support. I emailed Cindy for her input about having weekly weigh ins, reporting our exercise each day (if any), contributing to a weekly meal plan, initiating a different challenge each week and of course providing much needed emotional support and advise. What do you think?

Julia
Old 03-30-2004, 01:17 PM   #8  
Firefly

Default Hi ladies!

I've been talking to Julia and we have some ideas on how we can support eachother. I sent everybody a private message - check your boxes! Hope to hear from everybody soon.
Cindy
Closed Thread