Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:55 PM   #1  

Angry looking for a friend

Hi everyone,

I need some support! I'm 23 and have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I have gotten to a point in my life where something has to change - namely my poor eating/snacking/not exercising habits! I have gained most of my current weight over the last 1.5 years, when I moved in with my boyfriend (sigh.. he can eat anything he wants...). My weight has never been a huge concern, although it has always bothered me, since I am tall (5'10) and that has hidden it fairly well. Not anymore though!

I would like to lose 50 lbs. but I am setting my goal on the next "10" so I don't get too discouraged. If I manage the 50, it would be my lowest weight since jr. highschool! (currently 194, from 207 in december.)

I would LOVE to find a buddy/friend to chat with regularly, besides just in the forums. Someone who understands when I say "I really really wanted to eat those cookies even though I didn't need them and it was 11 at night and I stopped myself!" kinda thing I check my email frequently throughout the day, and have aim and yahooo messenger. Someone close to my age/goals would be awesome, but not necessary!

Thanks for reading, I don't think I have ever been this honest with my weight in public before!

~Sarah in Iowa
[email protected]
Old 03-04-2004, 09:42 AM   #2  

hi sarah...i have been looking for the same thing, and it seems we have the same problem...i'm almost 21, and pretty tall too (5'9 or 10 different scales say different things!) and i am finally hitting the point where i can't take it anymore. i also need some support sometimes too...and i'm new here too haha...so we can help each other out if you'd like!
Old 03-04-2004, 03:06 PM   #3  

Default Buddy prospect

Hi, I am also 23 and my ultimate goal is 135-140. I am 5'6 and I have about 25-30 lbs to loose. I would love to loose at least 15 lbs by my birthday. I am fed up with being this weight and this year I just want to finally meet my goal weight.

My problem is that I need to commit to an exercise routine and stay motivated. I have AIM but I work all day and can't IM during work, but I check my email very frequently. If you think we can help each other out I'm here.

Good Luck with the struggle Ive been struggling for many years too.

Leave the cookies alone if you must have it limit yourself to 3 for the day.
Closed Thread