Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 05:37 AM   #1  

Talking Today is the day

I start.. AGAIN. I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I have a LONGGG spill in my journal and I'm not going to bore everyone with that.

I'm a SAHM mom to Mitchell (4 in May) and Vanessa (3months in March) and I'm also an Air Force wife.. which I consider a job in itself. My husband normally works grave shifts so we don't see him very often and also means I don't make dinner much. I gained 70lbs while pregnant with my son and I only lost 10 of it.. then got pregnant with my daughter 3yrs later and I've lost all but 10lbs of the 30 I gained with her. But they just fell off.. I didn't do much.

So here I am.. starting anew with a case of water in the fridge. I lost 15lbs in 3 months while my husband was deployed last year.. it's so hard to eat healthy with him around.. all he likes is junk, and I can't seem to keep my grubby hands off of it. So I'm needing help to stay strong and just DO THIS!! I'm sooo tired of starting AGAIN! Hope to meet you all soon!

April
Old 02-26-2004, 02:02 AM   #2  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi April,
Welcome here!! You ahve made a good choice to join this site I hope it will be as much of a support to you as it is to me! I am a Mom too, 1 baby. I've lost my pregnancy weight, but had lots to lose even before I got pregnant, so I'm working on that! What is your plan for weight loss? I joined WW and half assed follow their program. I know that if I would follow it I would lose faster, but I like to eat too much I'm also exercising daily but not intensely. I understand what it's like to have a DH who eats all the things I'd like to but shouldn't. Mine could eat forever and not gain weight. Frustrating for me but I'm happy for him. Well, I should go to bed, but I just wanted to welcome you here. Browse around and post wherever you'd like. We'd be happy to get to know you!
Old 02-26-2004, 04:31 AM   #3  

Actually I started doing WW points today. (old school.. not the new flexpoints) I was planning on joining but my friend had given me all the info and computer things I needed .. so I'm going to try on my own and if I fail once again (which isn't an option) then I'm going to join. I would hate to waste my money when I've done it before. So I started today and actually did really good.. I even had to eat a late snack just to make it to my points. So that's a plus.

As far as working out.. well.. with this tiny military house and 2 kids .. one being an infant it's hard to workout for as long as I want to. But I do the Walk Away The Pounds DVD's when I want to workout. Although now I have to argue with my son on who gets to use the bands. LOL

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:27 PM   #4  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hey, I use the walk away the pound tapes too. I use weight's not bands. Must be a bit different. You should join our Saint Patricks' Day Challenge on the WW forum. We've got 3 weeks to go and I had better get on it if I want ot reach my goal. Way to go on day 1, how is day 2 going for you? I stuck with my points yesterday and hopefully will again today! I don't think I'll rejoin WW, but I will join TOPS with my sister. It's much cheaper, but I'll keep trying to stick to the WW program. Well, I should get going, I have lots planned for today.
Diana
Closed Thread