Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-14-2016, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 321/321/250

Height: 5'9"

Default Hey all!!

Hi I am new here and just checking things out. I know i have to lose weight and I have done almost everything. I have been really trying to do this without paying money out for some kind of help. I have been looking at Thrive lately and just trying to watch what I eat. I recently purchased a Fitbit and I am loving it so far!!! I try to go to the gym and when i can't make it there i wallk. I am going to be 40 in June and I am tired of feeling tired.....I want to be more active so here I am to learn more!!! Hope to make some new friends!!!
Gettin_skinny2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Welcome getting Skinny 2016 -If I am rambling - feel free to ignore

I am impressed you go to the gym ... I struggle getting there and would have to have someone pick me up and drag me to one then I would work out be happy I did and blow it eating something bad after...

Food wise - I joined weight watchers (WW) to sort out my eating problems as I know I have them as I am rather active
teach swimming and dance, coach netball and dance myself

Its great you have a fitbit, I got one when I joined WW ended up giving it to my sister -now I use a vivo fit - same idea but waterproof ...

what WW has taught me - track every thing you eat get those steps in (10,000 is awesome but if you do 7500 and the gym your still amazing) - try reducing the calories you eat slowly and go with what works -fresh fruit is great to help lose weight as well as veg such as peas beans broccoli carrots courgettes/zucchini Aubergine/eggplant - just be careful with corn and potatoes and other starchy veg they are not as good - fitbit tacker program thingy has a dietary plan part too to track foods which is great...

not quite sure how that one works as I am a WW online member and do all my stuff at home via pc...
reason I don't attend meetings they make me uncomfortable and -
People in area I live are judgemental don't have as much to loose and I find I just don't want to admit to them I am doing this plus with what I do meetings are all at times I cant go to - so love the support here and so will you
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:40 AM   #3  
Garmin: TrixieCatLAX

S/C/G: 205.3 / 188.4 / 145.0

Height: 5'5"

gettin_skinny!

This is a great, supportive community. I'm sure you'll find some friends!
TrixieCatLAX is offline   Reply With Quote