Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #1  

Default Hello everyone!

Hello everyone. My name is Corina and I'm 22 years old. I'm beginning to feel a little hopeless about losing weight. I weight about 240 (feel so terrible actually admitting that). I want to lose weight so badly and I don't even know where to start. This is the biggest I've ever been. I quit smoking about 5 months ago and I think I've picked up even worse eating habits. I am trying to think of this as a really good chance to be happy about being ready to change my lifestyle but it's hard when I don't even know where to start.
Sorry, I swear I'm not usually this negative haha; just needed to get that off of my chest. Nonetheless, I am so ready to start!
corinakayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Hi, corinakayy! Welcome to the forums. This is a great forum for advice, inspiration, learning about new things, and friendship.

As far as getting started, I would recommend MyFitnessPal. You can load it onto your phone and also use their website. It helps you keep track of the calories and nutrition you are eating, along with your weight.

Next is a mentality change. This is the hardest to grab hold of. I have started "diets" so many times and just to go back to eating the way I did before and gaining the weight lost plus more. Hoping this will be the LAST time. I know, it's not a diet anymore. It will be my guideline for eating the rest of my life. Sure I miss donuts, but I am loving the healthy way I am feeling right now. I did not realize the extra pounds made me so lethargic. I am amazed how much I can do now and not feel tired. That is worth more than that donut!
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote