Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #1  

Talking 20 something with 50+ to lose

Hey guys,
My name is Laura. I'm a 23 year old newly(ish)-wed student at University of Colorado Denver in the Human Development Family Relations field. I have some experience with weight loss already. A few years ago I weighed around 230. I met my first goal of 180 about a year ago, and sense then lost traction. It was my first year of marriage, so it's not entirely surprising that I'm not back to around 190-200. I'd love to reach around 150lbs.

I love to cook, and remake unhealthy recipes. My diet isn't the problem. Instead I hate exercise, being places other than at home, and meeting new people haha. I'm trying to work on being less introverted but it's a struggle haha.

Anyway! I'd love to make some new friends so we can support each other. Also so you can guilt me into going out and exercising lol.
Laurora Borealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Laura! Glad to have you! You'll find lots of support here. You have some great things going for you: You know how to lose weight because you've done it before, you're young so you still have a good metabolism, and you can cook and turn unhealthy meals into healthy meals! Yay! I wish you the best! You can do this!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:24 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Welcome! we have a nice 20-somethings thread that you should check out...there are also always challenges to joining.... Good luck on your journey and on being newly wed (I am too )
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #4  

Welcome! Good luck on your journey! As far as exercise goes, maybe trying to find something you enjoy at home will help. Going out to exercise is great, but if you aren't comfortable going, you will find excuses not to.
Raining is offline   Reply With Quote