Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #1  

Default New to forum and new to healthy eating and exercise

Hi All, Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new.. I'm from the Gold Coast in Australia. I had my first baby 2 years ago and my second only 10 months ago. I was very underweight (43kg) when I first fell pregnant at 23 so I gained a healthy amount of weight (+16kg, 59kg) which I was fine with and was content on just toning up. When I fell pregnant with our second baby so soon after the first, I wasn't as toned as I would have liked to have been and found I 'indulged' way too much during the pregnancy. After a c-section, I wasn't able to do much straight away and was trying to mentally prepare myself for a lifestyle change. 10 months later and more weight gained, I'm finally doing something!! I will weigh myself in the next couple of days to see where I'm at. I will be doing the next grocery shop in 2 days and I have started off small by just cutting out all the bad stuff and going for healthier meals and smaller portions and NO COCA-COLA.. my biggest addiction. I am a smoker and am currently on Champix to help quit. Champix is horrible. It makes you feel nauseous and tired. But it's worth it if I can stick with it.

Sorry for the novel I look forward to reading about your weight loss and/or lifestyle change!
casiemaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #2  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, casiemaree!

This is a great place for support! You're off to a great start and there's a lot of help, here, to learn more when you're ready for it.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 11-27-2013 at 09:47 AM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Casiemaree! Glad you've joined us! It sounds like you are off to a great start! As you browse around, be sure to check out the Pregnant-Nursing sub-forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/. Lots of new moms there trying to take off baby weight. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote