Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #1  
crazy&curvy

S/C/G: 241/241/140

Height: 5'8"

Exclamation I'm lost

Hi, I'm new to this and I'm also only 21.
My weight is 241 lbs and for a 21 year old that is stupid.
I've never felt alone, I was never an outcast, but I've tried every diet in the book and am now just lost of where to go.
Do I need diet pills?
I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Someone please help me.
reallyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi reallyc! to 3FC!

There are several different approaches to weight loss represented on here. Take a look at the different boards and ask questions about approaches that interest you.

Learning to feel comfortable in your own skin has nothing to do with weight, that's more of a psychological thing. That said, a lot of people feel the same way, so there are several threads that deal with that sort of issue on here as well.

Good luck! I hope to see you around the boards!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #3  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Just do some research about the kind of lifestyle change you would like to try. Do not think of it is a diet, think of it as a way of life.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #4  

IMHO: no one ever needs a diet plan. Diets don't work. Weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Slimfast---all are just temporary ways to lose weight.

All you need is to count calories and exercise. Those two things will ensure that you lose weight.

I count every calorie that enters my mouth and I log it into fitday.com. I eat between 1100-1300 calories a day (usually). By knowing what you are eating you can monitor how many calories you eat. It's all math really. Count the numbers and only eat that amount.

I also exercise (I should be doing that right now, but I will!) almost every day. I usually give myself 5-7 free days in a month. But anyway, I do wii fit plus, it's a video game that is Fun! and doesn't feel like torturous exercise. I also like to do zumba! I sweat like crazy and feel so invigorated.

ANYWAY! That's the magic formula for losing weight. Count your calories and exercise.

You can do this!!!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #5  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Good luck with your goals! You can do this in a healthy and sustainable way! I know the feeling you've described, and I hope you also feel better along the way. Hugs
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #6  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I know the feeling you have described, too. Hang in there.

I've tried all kinds of diets. Now that I've gone low carb, I will never go back too anything else. While I hear many people say that calorie counting is the only thing that works, it has never worked for me. The reason: I get hungry and counting calories doesn't factor in how helpful a sense of satiation can be for sticking to plan.

I am doing the Ideal Protein diet which is one form of low carb/moderate protein. The results have been excellent and I rarely get hungry. There are many forms of low-carb approaches so check it all out before plunging in.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #7  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Welcome and let me just say you are not alone! When I joined I was 19 and 250 and I lost 80 lbs. I worked out as much as I could, set mini goals and ate healthier. Of course I am returning at 22 weighing in at 290.. But that was a circumstantial weight gain. You can do this! It's hard, scary, and a big commitment but at the end of the good days you will feel so good and at the end of the bad days just remember that 1 day doesn't end a lifetime of work I wish you tons of luck and success
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #8  
diamondgeog

There is this saying about planting a tree. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is today. I feel getting healthy (that is what I call weight loss) is the same way. Awesome you are starting at 21.

I echo everyone that the only way to go is lifestyle changes. Not diets, not diet pills. You are 21. You want to develop healthier habits for a lifetime. And from everything I ever read or hear about, success is based on lifestyle changes.

I am also finding success on low-carb, so I would definitely look into that. And habits change. I used to eat fast food, ice cream, pasta, cookies, bread, now I eat virtually none of that: 2 visits to a fast food place since May and those were for lettuce wrapped burgers.

And I exercise almost every day now and love it. And I was a Couch Potato. I am in my 40s. I have a long way to go. But I already have more energy than I can remember having in about the last 20 years. I literally, have wiped out the 30s, and am back to feeling as good as I did in my 20s.

I also believe in mini-goals. So lots of great advice here and everywhere on 3FC.

Last edited by diamondgeog; 09-23-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 347/208/180

Height: 5'3

I am 21 too, and I weigh more than you. You are not alone. When I was 18, I was 347 lbs, since then, I have been slowly working it off. I do not think you need diet pills, that's only a short term fix, if it works at all. Weight loss takes time and focus. I wanted it all gone as fast as possible. You can find ways to do that, but it only leads to regaining all of it, if not more.

The best thing you can do is look at your diet and refine it to fit you. Crash diets do not work, I have been there done that. Also, increase the exercise, find something fun like zumba. It will be hard work, but totally worth it! Good luck! Also, I am here to talk if you need any support!
anm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #10  
crazy&curvy

S/C/G: 241/241/140

you guys are so awesome and i admire all of you and the goals you have achieved! I hope I can be there too! Thank you all <3<3<3 xo
reallyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Welcome Reallyc!
You have found a great site and there is tons of information around different ways to become healthier. I think it is amazing you have started your journey at 21, I wish I had your courage when I was that age.

See you around the sight
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote