Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #1  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Cool My REintroduction :)

Helllllooooooo all you beautiful people! I have been absent from this site for SO long!! Oh my gosh!

Well, long story short - I've been struggling the last few years with getting some weight off and recommitted to my journey March 10 this year I'm down 38lbs and I'm gonna keep cruising along!

I am in week 8 of Insanity and will be starting Les Mills Combat June 9th, and am also training for a Tough Mudder in October. OMG!!

I have Hashimoto's which finally settled down early this year after 11 years of struggling with that. I also have autoimmune intolerance to gluten and casein. So I follow a GF and mostly DF diet as of March and since then I've seen huge improvements in my health and energy levels. It's amazing what happens when you eat properly...isn't it?

I'm just looking to (re)connect with folks here that are supportive and traveling down a similar journey with having a lot of weight to lose that may (or may not) also have thyroid disease and/or food intolerances.

Peace, love, & glitter!
MsModelSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #2  
Losin' it

So everyone wants to READ threads but nobody likes to participate on these forums anymore? O_o interesting....
Old 05-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome back!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156.4/145.4/135

Height: 5'4"

38 pounds?!?!? Way to go!!!!
I've becoming pretty serious about weight loss this year and all my hard work is starting to pay off. Of course I'm not quite where I want to be but I'll get there. I've been the "quick fix" kind of girl for so long that just being patient is a major obstacle for me.
I don't know that I have any food intolerances (for sure) but have noticed that when I minimize gluten (and a few other things), I feel so much better.

Good luck to you and keep up the amazing job you're doin!!!
bsumpter0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #6  

Welcome back!!
ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #7  
Losin' it

awww thanks guys!!! <3 I feel loved now lol. I had gone on a hiatus from here again cuz I figured the site was dying down. I used to recall people being more active last time around I was here. *shrug* anyway...thanks!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/145/120

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back! I am a new member here, joined a few days ago. I am also gluten intolerant but I have to admit, it doesn't always stop me from eating gluten. I am also training for the tough mudder but I have some knee problems so my training is slow. Not sure if you have heard of "run or dye" but you should look it up. If you like tough mudder than you would probably like run or dye.
BrittBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #9  
Losin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection Obsession View Post
Welcome back! I am a new member here, joined a few days ago. I am also gluten intolerant but I have to admit, it doesn't always stop me from eating gluten. I am also training for the tough mudder but I have some knee problems so my training is slow. Not sure if you have heard of "run or dye" but you should look it up. If you like tough mudder than you would probably like run or dye.
Welcome to you too!! It didn't stop me at first, but once I gave it up I realized I felt a TON better avoiding it. My reaction to it is now much worse since I haven't been eating it. Before I would get mild cramping and major bloating, blood when I went to the bathroom. Now, I get bad cramping within 40 minutes or so of eating, major bloating, and pain for hours possibly days after being glutened. People get a kick out of me describing it feeling like I ate razor blades and chased them with salt...but I'm not kidding. O_O

I never heard of run or dye, I'll look it up. I am going to do a few other runs before the TM, like the Warrior Dash and Zombie run. Probably going to do a Color Vibe Run next month too.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

welcome back!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back! And yay on the 38 lbs!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote