Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/268/130

Height: 5ft 3

Default Greetings from Ghana!

So, this is the space for introductions so I guess I'll introduce myself here :-)

I am 30 years old. I currently live in West Africa. Nearly 15 months ago I got married to my best friend here in Ghana. On Thursday our first child will be 5 months old.

I have been significantly overweight since I was about 8 years old. I cannot remember what being a "normal" weight is like. When I was in college I lost 60lbs in 6 months by eating a fairly strict low-carb diet. I wasn't the bacon and eggs and fat fat fat low carber. I ate mostly salads and grilled/broiled meat. After that I added in a few more carbs in the way of whole grains and fruits and tried to incorporate more deliberate exercise into my routine. I went on to lost somewhere between 20-30 more pounds.

I came to Ghana to volunteer in a free school run by a missionary. I have been living here since December of 2008.

I was at a lower weight when I got married in Feb 2012 than I have been in a long time. Then in April we found out I was pregnant and, obviously, I gained some weight after that.

So here I am......I can't really eat low-carb here. Buying lots of meat in the area where we live is REALLY expensive. So I'm trying to focus on exercising more and just eating smaller portions of the most healthy things available to me.

So, greetings from West Africa
BASarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:52 AM   #3  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote