Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:85 CW:75 GW:60-65

Height: 1.71m

Post New here :)

Hey guys!
My name is Sav and I'm trying to lose about 10-15kg over the next 3 months or so, and I'm also trying to get fit.

I picked 3 months, because it seems reasonable to lose that much over that amount of time. Also, because I am in year 11, I have a compulsory science trip in July that requires me to go swimming (yikes.. I love swimming, but I am not in shape at the moment, and I am the largest girl in my year).

My plan is to eat healthily and exercise daily, for at least half an hour. I came here because I need support and help to stay on the right track, support that I cannot get from my family. They think I'm happy with my weight, and that I don't need to lose any, but I know that if I keep on the track I'm on, I will end up worse.

I have tried to lose weight before, and lost 13kg in 5 months! I was so happy But then I got lazy and gained 3kg.. it feels like so much more, though.

Anyway, very happy to be here I know other people have more weight to lose than me, and I hope we can support each other through this Any response is welcome, and tips on how to stay motivated.

<3
XxFitIn3xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #2  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Good to see someone who has the same weight's as me (Though, you will lose it all faster than I can lol). My only advice is to treat your 'weight loss' as a lifestyle change.

Good luck!
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #5  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to our group! I am glad you found this site as if you actively participate, you will find the education, motivation and encouragement to meet your weight loss goals. I second the advice about making your eating and exercising plans a lifestyle change in that you will gain the weight back if you do not adopt a healthy lifestyle for your future. Are you gonna have special treats? Sure, we all do, just get right back on the wagon and continue eating healthy and exercising to keep your weight in check. I also recommend to drink 6-8 eight ounce glasses of water each day. I have contributed much of my past weight loss success to drinking my water daily.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:85 CW:75 GW:60-65

Height: 1.71m

Thanks guys I like that idea much better, calling it a lifestyle change!

Of course, once I lose the weight I will be trying my hardest to maintain a healthy weight and fitness level. I'd hate to go back once I put so much work in. My motto at the moment is that if it's worth doing, it's worth doing properly <3

I have a short term goal, my friends have signed me up as part of their Relay for Life team at the beginning of May.. I am really looking forward to it, especially raising money and spending the weekend with strong people from my community who I know have suffered greatly, but here's a selfish part of me that is kind of freaking out- I don't want people to see how unfit I am.

So, I want to become a bit fitter this April

Thankyou for the welcomes, and the advice about the water, firegirl441.
XxFitIn3xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #7  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

You stated, "I want to become a bit fitter this April."

You can do it. Start walking a manageable distance and add to it each 4-5 days and you will be walking a good distance by May 1st.

I am cheering you on,
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote