Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 245/222/180

Height: 5'9"

Smile

How old are your kids again? When mine were little, I used to put them in a wagon (or stroller when they were even littler) & take them to the park to walk. I know how hard it can be to fit in exercise time with kids & home & family! At one time, I was getting up at 5:30 (during the summer) just so I could go out and walk before anyone else was awake. There's always planting them in front of the tv with a couple of cartoons or a movie while I did crunches and whatnot. But that doesn't always work out so well. I hope you can figure out something that will work for you!

I finished week one in the Beck Diet book. I think it's going pretty good. I feel kind of silly putting post-its around my house, but I'm desperate. Whatever I have to do to make a change, I'm going to give it my best shot! The only thing I didn't do, that she wants you to do in that first week, is pick a "back-up" diet. I'm not really doing a specific diet- my goal is to just eat healthier and stop the afternoon/evening binges I tend to have. I don't have the extra $$ to join WW or anything like that so I don't really have a "back-up". :P

I did walk a total of 10 miles this week! Yay, me! LOL I feel like I need to get in some more toning exercises though- that'll be my goal next week.

Hope you have a great weekend!!
shannonde94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #17  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey there,
My kids at (d)2, (d)4 and (son)8. What about yours?

I used to be out with the stroller all the time but now, there isn't any sidewalks in front of my house and the speed limit is 70km/hr (43 miles/hr).
So, it's not really safe to take them in the stroller on the shoulder of the road, LOL.

I've been checking out Google maps to see where I could walk, with sidewalks, not too far away. Funny, having to drive to go for a walk!

OMG, 5:30am...aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! (can't do it)

How many post it notes are up around your house today? Can't wait to get my books!

10 miles--I'll do a happy dance for you! Are you going to try for 10 again this coming week?
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #18  

I prefer to drive to the park to go for a walk, even though my neighborhood is suitable for walking. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just a weirdo. Or maybe I just like the change of scenery.

I only have a few post-its up... like I said, it feels kind of silly. Embarrassing even. But I have a notebook I go over at least once a day too. There are some really good things in the book, and some that apply to other things, or just life in general. I think it's pretty good so far. Just gotta stay motivated!

I think I'm going to make my goal at least 8 miles a week. If I do 10, great! But then if I don't quite hit ten, I won't feel bad about it. Know what I mean??

You'll have to keep me updated on how that 25K goes next week, I'm interested to hear about it!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedawg View Post
Hey there,
My kids at (d)2, (d)4 and (son)8. What about yours?

I used to be out with the stroller all the time but now, there isn't any sidewalks in front of my house and the speed limit is 70km/hr (43 miles/hr).
So, it's not really safe to take them in the stroller on the shoulder of the road, LOL.

I've been checking out Google maps to see where I could walk, with sidewalks, not too far away. Funny, having to drive to go for a walk!

OMG, 5:30am...aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! (can't do it)

How many post it notes are up around your house today? Can't wait to get my books!

10 miles--I'll do a happy dance for you! Are you going to try for 10 again this coming week?
** Forget to answer your question- my kids are 16(d), 15(s), 13(d), 11(d), and 10(s). The little ones are fun but they sure do keep you busy!! Luckily, mine are all in school, so I get a little more time to myself!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #20  
Starting over

Just to let you know, I completed my 1st day of the C25K. My right calf was cramping up a bit and my right foot was not too happy but I survived! It's surprising how far you go when you do the program.
I'm using this site http://runningintoshape.com/5k-train...s/week-1-c25k/ for the mp3. Rock music. I only wished she stated when we were half way done, but I turned around about the right time.

I had to pull out my fall jacket, which is red, and with my new red shoes, I'm a jogging tomato! LOL

I also got out yesterday afternoon for my 45min walk around the block.
Thanks for the motivation!!!
Take Care.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #21  

Thumbs up

A ha! I wasn't really sure what you were talking about regarding the C25K, so I just looked it up. All this time, I thought you were planning on running a marathon or something. I'm such a dork.

Maybe I will give that a shot. I just get so nervous about running- I've broken & sprained my ankles so many times I can't even count any more. But then, usually I do that when I'm just walking! Lol...

Good job on getting out there and walking/running!! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #22  
Starting over

Hi Shannon,
I picked up my books this afternoon
Lots to think about!

Did you end up picking out a 'diet' plan or 2?
I think I need to start planning my meals/snacks for next week already! I'm so scared to be hungry! LOL The diet I'm following just gives you amounts of veggies, fruits, etc. But you get to pick what you like.

And did you start posting on the Beck Diet boards at all?

Hope you are having a good day with good weather for walking!
(I'll be doing day 2 off C25K tomorrow morning)

Last edited by veggiedawg; 03-26-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #23  

Unhappy

I have done nothing this week. I've been so sick since Monday morning. Fever, body aches, sore throat, just BLAH. I took a look at Day 8 in the book on Sunday, but I haven't even touched it since then. I think my fever is finally done but I still feel like I'm at about 30%. My throat is killing me. My house is a disaster.

On the up-side (I guess), I haven't been eating much, a lot of water, a little juice & tea, some soup, a little rice & gravy last night... that's about it. So I hope I'm not totally sabotaging myself due to this flu or whatever it is!

How's the running going? I'm going to try to get through week 2 in the book before I try to start that. I have glanced at the Beck diet boards, but I don't think I've posted there yet.

Well, I am going to try to get a little more rest. I'm shooting for being at least 50% tomorrow! You have to tell me what you think about week one of the book. For instance, the post-its... That's so awkward for me. I only have a few up around the house.

Hope all's going well for you!!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Ladies, here is something that might be of interest to you. Under Diet Central you will find a forum you might like .
Beck Diet For life/ Solution

Last edited by bargoo; 03-27-2013 at 04:18 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #25  
Starting over

Thanks Bargoo

Sorry you're sick, Shannon.
I saw a friend on the weekend who must have the same illness. She said it was like the flu we all got during Christmas break.
I just watched the documentary Foodmatters. Have you seen that? They are basically anti-medication and pro vitamins and raw food. Anyhooo, one doctor has a website that says for colds and flu to take tons of Vitamin C--until you are running to the washroom! Wanna try it? LOL
I actually pick up some Vit. C on Monday for our family because it seems like everyone is fighting something.

I did my second run this morning. It went well. I used my walking route this time, which is more pavement then I like, but flatter. My right calf was really cramped again by my 4th one minute run, but my breathing seems to be ok.

I haven't gotten to the Post it notes yet! I did send the Beck book to work with DH, so he could photocopy a couple pages to put up on the fridge.
The book did mention the post-it's so it must be coming soon!

I'm scared to say this but, (((whispering))) "I think the scale moved!" Shhhhh! I'll check again on Sunday to see if I wasn't imagining it...LOL

Well, you are 2 posts from getting private messages! Whoo hoo!

Take care and get healthy!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #26  

Red face

Sorry I haven't been here the last few days. I thought I was getting over my cold/flu, but it turned out I've got strep (or tonsilitis) so I had to start some antibiotics. Needless to say, I've haven't had my mind on dieting or working out this week. Hoping I feel up to starting fresh on Monday!

Congrats on keeping up the C25K! I really want to try it. I get embarrassed about running in public... have to wear 3 bras too, so I'm not bouncing all over the place! Lol I'm sure the scale is moving if you're keeping up on the workouts! That's really great!!

We have to do a little road trip this weekend, so I will check in again Monday. Have a great weekend & a good Easter!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #27  
Starting over

Good morning! How was your Easter?
Are you feeling any better? I hope those antibiotics are kicking in!

Our Easter was pretty simple. The kids had a big egg hunt in the yard.
I went out jogging after the hunt and saw the wild turkeys mating by the side of the road. I'm glad they took off when they saw me coming.
I was dead tired by the end of the jogging.

I was good this weekend. No chocolate or candies eaten--that was hard!

And the Beck rule of sitting at the table every time you eat is a real challenge for me! Funny, something so simple could be tough.

DH is working today so I went grocery shopping this morning at 7:30am. LOL Not for a full load, but boy it's nice and quiet at that time! Cashier was waiting for me, no line. I'm going to have to do that again.

Have a great day!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #28  

I agree, early morning is the best time to go grocery shopping! I don't like crowds, or waiting in line. Lol

We had a good Easter, but I have to say, I have not been sticking to the diet the way I should. We drove ten hours on Sunday in order to spend a few hours with family that we don't see very often, and it was pretty exhausting. I get weak about food when I'm tired! I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight & start fresh tomorrow. I am finally feeling better, not so sick anymore, so that should make it easier too!

Glad to hear you are doing so well & keeping up with the workouts!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #29  
Starting over

LOL, I still can't private message you!

10 hours driving...ick! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better!

So any goals for the week? Still reading the Beck book?

I did my jog of the day, so that's over and done with. I like getting it out of the way, or I start to get anxious about it....did I eat or drink too much? Am I too tired now? Will I have to go to the bathroom part way through?!!? LOL
And my calf did much better today.

I have my food planned for the day too.. Basically, I have 4 serving of veggies, 3 fruit, 3 whole grains and 1 protein. The whole grains are only like, 1/2 a bagel or 1/2 a pita so that's a dramatic portion drop for me. I kinda worry about the only one serving of protein, but it's only for 2 weeks and then I can add a bit more. At least, I'm seeing the scale move so I'm sticking with it.

Yesterday, I went to the library and they had the book "Wheat Belly" so I'm starting to flip through that.

Well, have a wonderful day and I hope the sun is shining there too!
Old 04-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #30  

I am not going to lie, I have been totally off-kilter this week. I really haven't done much to speak of... feeling pretty dumpy. I haven't even looked at the book. :P I am determined to get back with the program on Monday!

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well & I hope you won't stop talking to me because I've been... well, feeling sick, lazy, and unmotivated for the last 2 weeks!

If I may ask, what diet are you following? And why only one serving of protein? Several years ago I went on a protein diet- much like Atkins, but not quite as strict. I lost about 60 pounds on it and was feeling really good, but then things happened, life got messy, and I got lazy. My goal is to limit the carbs (like bread, potatoes, and sweets) and try to stick to mainly protein, fruits, and veggies. I have never heard of the book "Wheat Belly". What is it??

Hope to hear from you & have a good weekend!!