Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229.5/225/154

Height: 5"7

Default Last chance saloon

Hi everyone my name is Linda, I'm 37, been on a diet for over 20 years and am now at my highest weight, biggest dress size and lowest ebb. I desperately need some positivity because I've tried and failed so many times to do this I just have no faith in myself. I need to lose around 4-5 stones and it seems like an impossibility. I cannot fail this time and I refuse to fail so please, if anyone can spare the time to mentor me I would be incredibly grateful xx
Pudginald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome. The good thing about this site is that everyone will help. Plus you'll find all sorts of advice and stories to which you can probably relate in just reading it. You asked for a mentor. Maybe it would help if you could define what you're seeking a little more.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #3  

Welcome!! The best thing you could have done is join 3FC for support and now you are on your way to success!!

I found joining the thread that my weight fit into was so helpful and motivating. In your case, you'd join the 220s thread. There are some awesome ladies in there right now (I just left that one!) and they helped me get through the 220s into the 2-teens.

There is so much good info to read about and learn here, I hope you post often whether is replies on threads or questions you might have. You are going to love it here!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229.5/225/154

Height: 5"7

Thanks chaps! When I say I am looking for a mentor I suppose what I mean is somebody who has started off like me, unable to really believe I can do this and imagine ever achieving what I've dreamed of for so long, but somehow managed to battle through and do it! And who can just keep my spirits up when I'm struggling. But from looking through this forum I think that won't be difficult anyway! xx
Pudginald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudginald View Post
Thanks chaps! When I say I am looking for a mentor I suppose what I mean is somebody who has started off like me, unable to really believe I can do this and imagine ever achieving what I've dreamed of for so long, but somehow managed to battle through and do it! And who can just keep my spirits up when I'm struggling. But from looking through this forum I think that won't be difficult anyway! xx
Well I think that sounds like the vast majority of us here. And you are right... keep looking around and it won't be difficult to find what you are looking for!!!

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Linda! Welcome to 3FC
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote