Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #1  
3rd time's a charm!

S/C/G: 252/225/150

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy NO loss 1st week of Weight Watchers!

Hi everyone, I am brand new here. I just finished my first week on Weight Watchers...and I lost nothing. Very disheartening. This is actually my 3rd time joining WW. First time, two years ago, I lost only 4 ounces my first week. But I continued on to lose about 18 lbs in the following 6 months. After gaining half of that back (!!) I rejoined WW last January and lost a whopping 5 lbs my first week! Then I managed to lose a total of 25 lbs in about 5 months. But then I fell off the wagon once again, and gained 17 of those pounds back. Now I am on WW for my 3rd time, just finished my first week -- an NO loss. sighhhh From past experience I know it can go either way. But it's hard not to get discouraged, after all that hard work. I even started working out (5x) after being sedentary for 5 months.

Anyone out there have this happen to them? Lose NOTHING after your first week on WW? (and this is commonly the BIGGEST week for most members!)
babyblujul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 456/199/199

Height: 5'10"

First week I lost 1 pound. then the second week I lost 5. Then the third week 9. 4th week 14. 5th week 20. 6th week 20.

Granted I had a lot more to lose, but just because you got 0 the first week, don't give up.

I ended up losing 255 pounds on weight watchers. It can be done.
Borgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

This is my first time doing WW's and I've only been doing it for a month, so I don't have much personal experience to offer, but I have read several success stories on this website from people who didn't lose much or any right off the bat. Don't give up. You lost 25 pounds your last go round and that's great! You can do it. Just stick with it and it will work. You can't expect miracles or you will just be disappointed all the time and give up. I started Atkins about a year and a half ago and it has taken that long to lose 79 pounds, which is a lot of weight when you look at the big picture, but trust me there were MONTHS with NO loss and I was not cheating! I could have given up, but look how far I've come now. I still have a lot to lose and it's going to take time, but I'm in this for the long haul. I can't wait until another year passes so I can look back and see how far I've come. The year is going to come and go anyway, so why not keep at it. It's going to take time. You will have weeks where you have a big loss and some with a gain, but if you stick with it then all your hard work will pay off and you will reap the benefits.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...456-198-a.html

I hope this link works. This is a great success story. You should go to his website and read his story. He lost it all with WW's and, if I remember correctly, he said he didn't lose anything the first week. He's an inspiration. Hopefully one day I will have a success story like his.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13533518321612

Last edited by mandydawn77; 11-19-2012 at 02:04 PM.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

It's a fine balance (at least for me) between how many times I exercised in the beginning and how many of the 49 extra points I used.

The formula that I'm beginning to see is that I end up usually losing around 1.5 pounds if I only exercise 3 times in a week and use half my 49 points. I lost zero pounds the week I exercised 1 time and used all my 49 points.

I'm going to ramp up my exercise to 4 times this week and see what kind of difference it makes. A friend of mine who just started exercised 2x weekly for the first month and lost 10 lb. She ramped her exercise and lost nothing for 2 weeks, in fact gained.

So like I said, it's just a fine balance. I know you feel discouraged, but just think of month #1 as your test month to get your own formula right.

Are you eating activity points or the 49 extra weekly points?
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #6  
3rd time's a charm!

Borgie, oh my goodness! I'm always whining because I started out needing to lose 100 lbs, and I wonder how on Earth I will keep my motivation up for such a long haul. But you are certainly proof it can be done -- and then some! Wow. My hat's off to you. And I will definitely read your blog about your journey. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #7  
3rd time's a charm!

I'm with ya mandydawn77, this is my 3rd go round trying to lose and I AM going to reach my goal this time...I am NOT going to give up. Twice now I've lost, then gained half of it back. Ugh. Hard enough to do the first time, without having to RE-lose already lost lbs!! And BreathingSpace, I ate all 49 of my weekly pts but didn't eat my activity pts. I don't like to eat those unless I have to (have to, hehe) cuz then I feel like I'm exercising for nothing. Yes, Month #1 will be my test month. Crazy time to start this journey, huh? Right smack dab in the middle of the holiday season! But I figure, what the heck...at least by January I will have some good habits formed. And hopefully will be down at least a few!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #8  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Didn't lose with WW but however, GAINED my first week in on my plan !! Stick with it - the rewards will come.
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

I'm feeling the same way. I've been eating well and exercising, and just not seeing any weight loss. I am toning though, and I know that muscle weighs more than fat.

Maybe you're ust getting your metabolism back on track?

Good luck and stay motivated!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Your body is probably confused right now, and hoping you'll stop doing that new weird stuff and go back to acting normal! I've never been on Weight Watchers, but my grandfather did, years ago, and I remember he had 2 or 3 really small loss weeks at the beginning, and then after his body got used to the "new playbook", he started dropping much larger numbers.

Hang in there, and the numbers will come!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #11  
3rd time's a charm!

thanks for the encouragement starbrite, coffeeshop girl and penmage!! it sure does help to know others know how I feel...and I love hearing of other's successes...makes me think that it IS possible...