Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/130

Height: 5'5

Default Hola from the new gal

Well...now that I've started giving advice, guess I should introduce myself.

I am a 44 year old woman working who has had weight issues on and off her whole life. Who has kept it somewhat in check by being an intermittent hardcore athlete (HS 3 sport athlete, collegiate swimmer, masters swimming coach & swimmer, half ironman triathlete)...until 7 years ago. Until then, I had a high weight of 210 (at the end of a relationship I was not happy in)...but that I was able to get back down to a fighting weight of 160 with my triathlon training.

Then, I took a consulting job with one of the biggest consulting firms in the world. Travel 4 days a week is often common for me. Throw 3 major surgeries in the mix during this time....full left foot reconstruction, left ACL (knee ligament) replacement, huge ovarian tumor (which was luckily, almost all benign). A new-to-me house that required almost full gutting due to previous owners' animals (mold & smell)...then my stepfather of 22 years lost his life to lung cancer in January.

So, not only do I miss him terribly...his loss has made me realize life is short...and I want my life back. I want to get a dog, I want to work somewhat normal hours, I want to start singing again. But most importantly, I want to get rid of the loathing I see when I look in the mirror...and replace it with the sense of power I used to have when riding a century (100 mile) ride...or swimming 6,000 yards...or crossing the finish line of a triathalon.

So, I guess I'm starting here. I went for a 40 minute power walk today. I know it's not a ton, but I was off the couch and my heart rate was up. It's a start.

So hello everyone. I hope you can help me as I find my way back...
TechieTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi, TT, welcome from another newcomer! I think I'm gonna borrow your imagery of your previous times of exercise achievement biggies - I've never done anything like those things, but imagining them gives me a boost. Thanks!
Calmontflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Techie,

Good job on your 40 minute walk today! It's more than most can do when they're getting started again. It sounds like you know how to get in shape and lose weight. So, what's your plan to do it? I could use some pointers, and I'm certainly here for motivation and support! Good luck and keep up the good work
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and welcome. Congrats on wanting to get back into shape. You can do it; this is a great place for support and encouragement.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote